Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley 1-1 Bolton

+21
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
observer
Natasha Whittam
Jamster26
chipbutty
Barryjw
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
terenceanne
bwfc71
Sluffy
wessy
Banks of the Croal
NickFazer
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sat Jul 27 2013, 20:25

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's 125 years since these two Lancashire founder members first played professional league football. I will no doubt be on my own in hoping that the two score lines this season are a repeat of the 1888-89 season (4-3 and 4-1 both to the Clarets).

What a shame it is that this very special anniversary is going to be somewhat spoilt by Sky and an early kick off.  There should really be a full house on t'Turf for this special event but in reality there'll probably only be 15,000 on.

Turf Moor is one of only three grounds still used to this day from that first league season, and yes I can hear some Bolton fans saying that the Cricket Field End where they will be housed is the original stand from 1888. Let me tell you that it isn't, it used to be a slag heap. Very Happy 

The pre season games seemed to have been polar opposites for the two clubs, Burnley have enjoyed their's and Bolton haven't. I personally don't take any notice of these games and Bolton will be a different beast come saturday.

As someone looking in through the window I would say that Bolton have strengthened over the close season whereas Burnley have got like for like in, but maybe with more hunger than before. Baptiste, Tierney and Beckford are very good players at this level and newly signed opposition forwards ALWAYS score against us. So lump it on Beckford to score.

This fixture mirrors last seasons fixture only in terms of it being the first game of the season, other than that it will be a very different game with a different atmosphere. The Irn Bru drinking villain has gone so the home support won't be as noisy or maybe as intimidating to the players (Turf Moor is at its best when there's a villain or an ex bastard player knocking about).

With most games the battle is won or lost in midfield and last season was no exception. Bolton's midfield surprisingly melted and McCann and Marney were truly dominant. It won't be like that this time round and I expect a right battle royale.

Burnley v Bolton Wanderers a reet Lancashire tradition.

2Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sat Jul 27 2013, 20:35

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

While I'm at it I'll give you Burnley's team sheet for saturday, providing Austin isn't sold by then (I'm not expecting him to be sold but this is football and nothing is guaranteed)........

Heaton
Trippier
Long
Shackell
Lafferty
Marney
Jones
Stanislas
Wallace
Ings
Austin

3Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sat Jul 27 2013, 20:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll shit em

4Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sat Jul 27 2013, 21:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-1 to Burnley.

We'll take a very early lead though, Eagles.

5Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sat Jul 27 2013, 21:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not confidant at all on this game, I'd snap your hand off for a point now, it could get embarrassing , Austin will score.

2-0 Burnley.

6Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sat Jul 27 2013, 21:27

Never predict scores for my own side so not starting now, I'd be happy with a point though.

Id play - 

Bogdan

Baptiste Wheater Knight Tierney

Pratley Medo

Hall Eagles Lee

Sordell

Sordell's been a bright spot in pre season so deserves a start, Hall Eagles and Lee are interchangeable so hopefully they'll swap positions should they be getting no luck. 

Holden and Beckford to come off the bench depending on the situation.

7Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sat Jul 27 2013, 21:42

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Maybe we should play Andrews just to stoke the atmos up a bit but to be honest he isn't popular at the Reebok either. We know what to expect this time and hopefully won't be suffering any hangover from last season so I am expecting a hard fought, close contest with the Whites to shade it with a little bit more quality in midfield and up top.

Didn't go last season but will be there on Saturday COYWM.

8Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sat Jul 27 2013, 22:02

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Never predict scores for my own side so not starting now

I'm exactly the same and I never bet on a game involving Burnley.

Never even touched us on the old pools.

9Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sat Jul 27 2013, 22:09

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I never predict us to lose.

10Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sat Jul 27 2013, 23:05

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not a fixture i would have chosen to start the season, will be happy with a point. BUT we are due a win.

11Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Jul 28 2013, 00:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not sure if that is the match preview you promised us or just a warm up for it - but either way it is a cracking little opener for our season and I thank you for it.

I don't usually do the prediction stuff but knowing Bolton and that we have a question mark about midfield after Spearing went back to Liverpool - will Holden play or not - and defence -I simply don't rate Knight or Wheater - then I'd be happy to start our season with a point.

(Hope Coyle's Wigan gets stuffed though!).

12Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Jul 28 2013, 01:43

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Not sure if that is the match preview you promised us or just a warm up for it - but either way it is a cracking little opener for our season and I thank you for it..

What do you mean promised? I realised that in my joking post that I'd put my foot right in it. Very Happy 

I could give you more but it would revolve more around Burnley rather than Bolton and I don't think that your members on here would want to read that.

Chim Chimney Chim Chimney
Chim Chim Cher-oo
We are the bastards
In Claret and Blue

Chim Chimney Chim Chimney
Chim Chim Cher-oo
We're goin to effiing
**** all of you

Only joshing chaps. I'm a pacifist afro 

13Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Jul 28 2013, 10:51

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

ahhhh its the start of the new season and its our game that kicks it all off!!!!!

Going for a 2-1 win for us Mighty Whites - can't go as have a prior work engagement in Breda and Amsterdam at the latter part of this week (so spending the weekend in A-dam with friends) but will be watching from my normal Amsterdam bar.

14Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Jul 28 2013, 10:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder if we'll get a defender in on loan before the game ?

Has that Nixon mentioned anything ?

15Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Jul 28 2013, 13:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scottjames30 wrote:

Has that Nixon mentioned anything ?

Just that we can't even afford wages for a one year deal for moritz.

And we seem to be the only team takin these new financial rules seriously, using it as an excuse someone said

16Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Jul 28 2013, 13:54

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

2-1 Burnely I'm afraid to say..... Hope I'm wrong naturally and we go out and hammer them but I wouldn't bet mi mortgage on it.

17Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Mon Jul 29 2013, 20:31

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Has Garrp (nearly Garyp is that Very Happy ) been looking at my team sheet?

Can someone please tell him that he's got two Wallace's down and that Shackell is the left sided centreback (post 46) thanks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Mon Jul 29 2013, 21:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking forward to it Copper or at least as much as I can look forward to standing on a slag heap for a couple of hours. Towards the end of last season I'd have really fancied us to stuff you any day but without Dawson, Spearing and the improved Alonso the lads stepping in will have to step up if we are to get anything from the game.

19Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:21

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Looking forward to it Copper or at least as much as I can look forward to standing on a slag heap for a couple of hours.

The Sparta Rotterdam fans were quite complimentary about our ground, I'll have you know.

They were taken aback by the wooden seats but they put it down to the place having history and character. Very Happy 

20Burnley 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Tue Jul 30 2013, 00:20

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Looking forward to it Copper or at least as much as I can look forward to standing on a slag heap for a couple of hours.

The Sparta Rotterdam fans were quite complimentary about our ground, I'll have you know.

They were taken aback by the wooden seats but they put it down to the place having no money and fans that know nothing better. Very Happy 
More likely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum