Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion

+16
MartinBWFC
Norpig
NickFazer
Wanderers for 45
RustyNail
boltonbonce
Growler
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
Boggersbelief
wessy
rammywhite
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
karlypants
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16 2017, 18:49

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

RustyNail wrote:I didn't go today so probably shouldn't comment, but I still think he is doing ok with what is most definitely one of the worst squads in my lifetime. 

Gary Madine is our player of the season so far who can't hit a barn door. Just have a think about that for a minute. I'd say there's only Vela, who is about to be sold, and Wheater, who are good enough for this division.

I think only a really top class manager could get this bunch further up the league.
Tell that to Sunderland, Palace, Everton, and West Ham fans.

42BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16 2017, 18:58

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There is poor and piss poor we were worse than piss poor today.

43BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16 2017, 19:29

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

We missed Mark Little today hope he is back next week.
Apart from that side note we were shit,we seem to play worse against the poorer teams. This is one of the worst squads I can remember since the horrible 80’s.
We used the same formation at home when we should of been more expansive and attacked Burton. Alnwick should of done better but he’s a leauge 1 keeper and if we go down Jake Turner should become first team keeper. Start playing the likes of Connor Hall if we are in leauge 1. I hope we stay up and someone buys us. I can’t see much interest in a leauge 1 Club. Onwards v Cardiff.
Gutted but I had a feeling it could be a banana skin after 5 unbeaten at home.

44BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 08:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disastrous result, dead n buried.
Not Parkys fault, we are just shit, you can’t polish a turd

45BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 09:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bag o shite

46BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 10:39

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not a good performance by any stretch yesterday, many more and we are heading down if we aren't already. Most accept that this season was going to be difficult and that staying up would be an achievement by itself, of course that was back in the summer before you have to sit through games like yesterday freezing your nuts off. We aren't dead and buried yet but unless we are able to address at least some of our limitations early in January we may be cut adrift.

Anderson will have big decisions to make in the next few weeks and he is likely to be criticised whatever options he chooses. The fans are turning against Parky accusing him of being one dimensional and having no "Plan B", the same accusations that were levelled at Coyle, Freedman and Lennon, in fact it is repeated at all stadiums of struggling clubs along with "insert managers name, sort it out". In my own opinion I see players that in some cases cannot cope with the intensity of this division and as a group lack in ability and confidence when it is not going their way, some of that is due to the management although I genuinely think that they are playing for him (just not very well). We desperately need some quality in midfield and a cutting edge up front or back to League 1 we go.

47BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 11:28

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Early in the season we were getting beat by the likes of Boro, Leeds, Derby and everybody accepted it because they've spent millions, and we're poor little Bolton, I wonder where Millwall would be now if their manager thought that way, how much did Burton splash out? point is we can't keep going on about this lack of cash, and consider the fact we have a manager that can't manage at this level.

48BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 11:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Early in the season we were getting beat by the likes of Boro, Leeds, Derby and everybody accepted it because they've spent millions, and we're poor little Bolton, I wonder where Millwall would be now if their manager thought that way, how much did Burton splash out? point is we can't keep going on about this lack of cash, and consider the fact we have a manager that can't manage at this level.

We've lost a battle not the war.

When the cavalry arrives in the transfer window we will be fine.

Long way to go yet.

49BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 12:17

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

@burtonalbionfc

Lloyd Dyer's record v Bolton

Played 8
Won 7
Drawn 1
Lost 0

Goals 4

50BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 12:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was a truly awful performance, to think i sat in the freezing cold for nearly 2 hours to watch that shite!

When is Parky going to realise that hoofball doesn't work? The man has no tactical nous at all and does nothing to change the way the team plays and when he did eventually bring on Wilbraham (who is a waste of a wage) then it meant even more long ball if that was possible.

Why didn't he take off Pratley at half time and drop Vela alongside Henry and bring on Noone or Morais? Vela is one of our better players but he's not playing well in the no10 role this season, it would make more sense to play Ameobi there for me.

Parky then brings on Morais and has him playing the no10 role when everyone knows he is better out wide then shunts him back to right back, he really is clueless!

If we can't beat the likes of Burton at home we don't deserve to stay up and i can't see us making any decent signings in January only selling the likes of Vela and Madine.

51BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 14:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burton are in a similar if not worse financial position than ourselves, so they've also had to scrape the barrel for signings and they opted for classy players who are well past their sell by date and have 4 over 35's in their squad including Dyer and Bywater who played yesterday, with Warnock on the bench. They say class is permanent and despite old legs, statistically they are likely to have a good game every now and then - they just can't do it every week. We were unlucky that it had to be this week.
But the telling factor for me was that Parky said in his post match interview that he was disappointed "because it's a game we came into expecting to win". 
There isn't a game in this division than any team can expect to win.
The game was lost before it began with that attitude.

52BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 15:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I never comment on games I've not seen but I would have thought we would have set up differently for this game.

We would have known that Burton would have come here not to lose - so if I was our manager I would have thought about going with three at the back, with wing backs and play two up front, and be far more positive in approach.

At the end of the season Burton needs to be one of the three teams below us, so we wanted all three points off them - a draw at the very least.

I note a number of players seemed to have been unavailable yesterday including Alf, Little and Armstrong, so it wouldn't have been too hard to select Morais as a wingback (instead of bringing in the defensive minded Darby) and maybe even Taylor as the other wingback (if Robinson could not be in such a more attacking position?).

With no Alf or Armstrong play Ameobi along side Madine upfront with Henry playing the anchor in midfield with Vela and Pratley being more supportive of the attack from midfield.

Burke coming into the back three.

Easy to say after the event - but that is the way I would have thought of going for this game.

53BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 15:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:I never comment on games I've not seen but I would have thought we would have set up differently for this game.

We would have known that Burton would have come here not to lose - so if I was our manager I would have thought about going with three at the back, with wing backs and play two up front, and be far more positive in approach.

At the end of the season Burton needs to be one of the three teams below us, so we wanted all three points off them - a draw at the very least.

I note a number of players seemed to have been unavailable yesterday including Alf, Little and Armstrong, so it wouldn't have been too hard to select Morais as a wingback (instead of bringing in the defensive minded Darby) and maybe even Taylor as the other wingback (if Robinson could not be in such a more attacking position?).

With no Alf or Armstrong play Ameobi along side Madine upfront with Henry playing the anchor in midfield with Vela and Pratley being more supportive of the attack from midfield.

Easy to say after the event - but that is the way I would have thought of going for this game.

Parkinson out, Sluffy in.

54BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 16:01

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I never comment on games I've not seen but I would have thought we would have set up differently for this game.

Say amen... couldn't do worse than Parky has done this season!  Then again, we haven't spent a dime.  Sluffy, how much do you want if KA offers you the job?

55BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 17:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Say amen... couldn't do worse than Parky has done this season!  Then again, we haven't spent a dime.  Sluffy, how much do you want if KA offers you the job?

I'm an old fashioned, born and bred Wanderers fan of over 50 years - I'd pay Ken to do the job!!!

I think we all would.

In the real world though I know it's easy to speak your mind on a footy forum like Nuts than actually manage - but it seemed a bit of an obvious thing to do for me.

Burton would obviously have scouted us, knew how we set up and expected us to play the way we did - they probably even planned for us to go three at the back too.

It's not even though that we couldn't play that formation - most of the team played that way for most of last season and knew it well.

I'm surprised he didn't give it a try, I would even imagine the crowd would have appreciated us being more positive too - we need the points and Burton hadn't come here to win the game but rather not lose it.

Anyway if Ken wants any further help he knows that he can find me on here.

(I wonder if Natasha would like to be one of my backroom staff, if he did!)?

Very Happy

56BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17 2017, 17:50

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Haha you would have your work cut out with this group of players, I would say only Ameobi is of Championship standard the rest are league 1 at best that includes the manager.

57BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Mon Dec 18 2017, 18:43

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’d rather be a shit manager than a shit football fan like Martin.

Just saying Martin....

58BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Mon Dec 18 2017, 18:51

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:I’d rather be a shit manager than a shit football fan like Martin.

Just saying Martin.
Fuck me the retard returns.

59BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Mon Dec 18 2017, 19:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I’d rather be a shit manager than a shit football fan like Martin.

Just saying Martin.
Fuck me the retard returns.
I returned a month ago.

Did you not notice, you retarded death breath geek

Laughing

60BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Mon Dec 18 2017, 20:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just seen their goal - it bounced twice before it went in!!!

Dyer hit the ball into the ground from outside the penalty area and it bounced again in the six yard box,

I've no idea if it was deflected but it looked like a shot you would have expected our keeper to make if it hadn't.

Fairly shocking the clip later where a Burton player appears to go past Beevers (who was our last defender) as though he simply wasn't there. Dreadful defending.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum