Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Forum layout changes

Forum layout changes

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 18:00

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Here on Bolton Nuts, the admin team are dedicated to making the forum a better place to be, and are always trying to come up with new ways and ideas to help move the forum forward.

With that said, over the next few days we will be making a few changes in order to give the forum a fresh new feel.

We will try our very best to ensure we have a smooth transition, however we can't guarantee that everything will be perfect right away.

Should you encounter any problems, please let one of the admins know so we can fix the problem as soon as possible.

All feedback is welcome, and if you have any ideas of your own, please feel free to make suggestions below.

Thank you for your time and patience.

The Bolton Nuts admin team.

2 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 18:08

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Don't like change.

3 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 18:14

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You don’t like this or you don’t like change in general?

4 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 18:15

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
WTF. What's been going on!? My own personal thread is in a right state. Paint and rubbish all over the place. If you're going to do things up, leave it tidy afterwards.
If any of my slippers are missing, or  you've damaged my teddy, Mr Beasley, there'll be hell to pay.
I have a friend who used to watch Z cars, and is therefore shit hot when it comes to matters of the law, so I'd watch it if I were you.
Now we know why you wanted donations! I'll bet Sluffy got a new commode out of it too.
Outrageous!

5 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 18:16

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
:shit:

6 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 18:18

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I fought in two world wars for you. I lied about my height.

7 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 18:22

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Will we be having a banner?

8 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 18:33

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Now Creamline are updating their website as well. I can't log in. This is beyond the pale.

9 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 18:39

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’m saying nowt to that one Bonce. Very Happy

10 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 19:04

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hate this. It's a Wanderers Ways clone.

I'm off until you restore the old look.

11 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 19:12

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Hate this. It's a Wanderers Ways clone.

Now look what you've done. Shocked

12 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 19:14

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well I did say we are looking to improve the forum, with you off, it looks like we have achieved it

13 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 19:21

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
There was nothing wrong with the last one, i don't like change either

14 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 19:22

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Well I did say we are looking to improve the forum, with you off, it looks like we have achieved it

15 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 19:26

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

16 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 19:37

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's a work in progress guys, be patient...

17 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 19:40

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Leeds_Trotter wrote:

:rofl:

18 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 20:22

gloswhite

Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Really don't like having the poster on the right. It feels strange to read the comment, and then look to see who made it.
Can we have the poster, as before, on the left?

19 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 20:29

gloswhite

Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Also, Having the title of a post the same colour, format, and size, the same, doesn't work. We need the topic title to stand out, from the name of the originator. I think the red and blue worked well. or how about italicizing the poster ?

20 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 20:34

gloswhite

Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
While I'm at it, do we really need to press the 'Go' button after we have already chosen which forum we want. The old system was better for this.

Can we have a decent set of icons/emoticons instead of the ragtag bunch we have ?

Otherwise, change is good  Very Happy

21 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 20:43

gloswhite

Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Just noticed, whats wrong with the avatars. Is the aspect ratio correct ? My sign looks like a blue Billy Bunter, which reflects well for myself, but not the club's badge

22 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 20:45

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@gloswhite wrote:While I'm at it, do we really need to press the 'Go' button after we have already chosen which forum we want. The old system was better for this.

Can we have a decent set of icons/emoticons instead of the ragtag bunch we have ?

Otherwise, change is good  Very Happy

I'm currently looking into getting more emoticons, that's the next thing on my to do list.

23 Re: Forum layout changes on Tue Sep 25 2018, 21:44

gloswhite

Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Good man

24 Re: Forum layout changes on Wed Sep 26 2018, 02:10

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Sorry guys but this is God awful. Please put it back to how it was. One of the things that I most liked about the forum is how easy it was to read and navigate around it. This doesn't work at all for me.

25 Re: Forum layout changes on Wed Sep 26 2018, 09:18

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't come on for one night and look what happens  Very Happy

26 Re: Forum layout changes on Wed Sep 26 2018, 09:21

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
it looks ok to me by the way, i did do a double take when i first logged on this morning but it doesn't look that much different to me.

27 Re: Forum layout changes on Wed Sep 26 2018, 09:27

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
one thing i would change - a bigger logo on the main page would be better  :good:

28 Re: Forum layout changes on Wed Sep 26 2018, 09:52

Sluffy

Admin

I'm not around much at the moment so although I knew a change of layout was on the way I was as surprised as most people to find out that it had been done, I had thought we were going to give a few days notice of it happening to allow people to expect a change and possibly not to 'knee-jerk' to it quite as much as they seem to have.

It's certainly not the finished article and updates and tweaks will take place to improve the look and layout, so give us a chance please.

I quite like Wanderers Ways new look and I don't think it would be such a bad idea if we could achieve freshening up our forum as they have seemed to have done imo.

I've certainly not had any time to find my way about the forum so I can't really comment on that but I do think from a visual point of view there are things we can do to enhance what we've done so far, such as removing the tiny margins we seem to have, replace the black background to white where it is showing behind our banner at the top of the page, and I think if we can also change the pale blue background behind the posts to white, it would help significantly in making the site look much 'crisper'.

Ok, the new look is not to everybody's taste but I've been through numerous forum changes in my time and disliked everyone of them BUT after some time I gradually got used to them - then some years later moaned like hell when things were changed again because I had grown to like the changes that I originally hated!

As far as I understand it, everything we had and could do before, is still available to us, we just need to get use to everything again.

Let us all give it a chance but if you are having trouble with anything about the new look please just say on here what it is and we will try our best to sort it out for you.

Thanks.

29 Re: Forum layout changes on Wed Sep 26 2018, 11:38

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Just my opinion... but the old format was easier to read.  This new version seems wider to scan and to me, is much more difficult to comprehend.

30 Re: Forum layout changes on Wed Sep 26 2018, 13:04

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Looks fine to me.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum