Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Swansea

+17
Dunkels King
NickFazer
terenceanne
bryan458
wessy
wanderlust
gloswhite
observer
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
MartinBWFC
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 17:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hi Peter,

The problem with the January transfer window is that the transfer price for players are a lot more inflated.

I doubt we have even very little money and I can't see us being able to afford anyone in January and we will most likely be reliant on some short term loan deals if we can tempt anyone to join us.

Parkinson is changing the team so much where he isn't giving the team time to gel together.

This is a big problem for me as players need game time together to get things going.

It shows as desperation with him chopping and changing and shows he hasn't a clue.

I find it odd that the assistant has done the pre match interview this game so maybe he is up for the chop perhaps?

22Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 17:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You know its serious when even the commentators are saying that we would be better off without him.

23Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 17:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Missed the game as I’m in Thailand area for a month or so, but the result was expected. Did they show anything that suggested that we can overcome Anderson ‘s chronic lack of investment or is it all doom and gloom and blaming parky for not working miracles with a weak hand?

24Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Missed the game as I’m in Thailand for a month

Don't start coming on here bragging you shitbag!

We have to wait ill next August before we can spend a month there!

Where are you? Very Happy

25Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 0-1 Swansea City

Team News

Phil Parkinson made two changes from the starting eleven that lined up against Aston Villa, seeing Sammy Ameobi return for Craig Noone and Mark Beevers came in for David Wheater.

First Half

The first chance of the game came on 14 minutes, as a deflected Swansea shot fell to Oli McBurnie. The forward unleashed an effort on goal from close range but Mark Beevers put his body on the line to block it.

The resulting corner saw a well worked move from Graham Potter’s side nearly catch out the Whites, before it fell to midfielder Barrie McKay 25 yards away from the goal.

He produced a thunderbolt like strike which sailed into the top left corner, a wonder goal from former Nottingham Forest man.

Ten minutes later and Joe Williams played in Erhun Oztumer, who took range from the edge of the area but saw his effort fly inches away from the back of the net.

Swansea responded with a chance of their own, as a Dan James cross found Bersant Celina unmarked in the area with the goal at his mercy.

However, the tricky midfielder saw his shot fly over the crossbar.

With seven minutes to go in the first period, Sammy Ameobi nearly had Wanderers back in the game.

The Nigerian wide man drifted into the middle of the pitch and smashed the crossbar from all of 25 yards, leaving goalkeeper Mulder rooted to the spot.

In added time, Oztumer and Donaldson combined on the counter attack, before the Jamaican international hit a curled effort from just outside the area which had the keeper beat, but just missed the target.

Second Half

Six minutes after the restart and Wanderers should have had their equaliser.

Will Buckley teed up Andrew Taylor, as the fullback delivered a low driven cross into Joe Williams.

The tenacious midfielder couldn’t get it out of his feet, but his touch found Amoebi at the back post, but his effort went wide of the mark from six yards.

Oztumer went onto dispossess Leroy Fer in the middle of the pitch on the 55th minute and run at the Swansea defence at pace.

After opening up onto his left foot, he took effort at Mulder’s goal but couldn’t beat the man in between the sticks.

Ameobi was causing havoc once again after returning to the Wanderers lineup, cutting in from the right flank in his trademark fashion before stinging Mulder’s gloves from 25 yards.

Twelve minutes left on the clock and Ameobi was at it again from distance, following a bit of intricate passing play between Williams and himself.

The effort whistled just over the Swans’ crossbar.

Heading into the last bit of action in the clash and second half substitute Craig Noone nicked the ball off Wilfried Bony on the edge of the Swansea area, to then go perilously close with his right foot to equalising for Wanderers.

Phil Parkinson’s men kept banging on the door for the equaliser until the end of proceedings, but Graham Potter’s men saw it out until the final whistle.

Full Time

Wanderers XI: Alnwick (C), Taylor (Doidge 81), Lowe, Beevers, Oztumer, Donaldson (Magennis 67), Ameobi, Buckley (Noone 67), Hobbs, Olkowski, J.Williams,

Unused substitutes: Matthews, Vela, Grounds, Wheater

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

26Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:14

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A team constantly being changed usually means a team in crisis and that is what we are.

The first thing i look for when placing a bet is a settled team. PP does not know his best 11 despite being months into the season. And if one up front produces the statistics that we presently have, then surely playing two up front at home can only show an improvement our goals for are an embarrassment.

27Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agreed Wessy. our 'tactics' seems to choke off any freedom of play in the last third, always seemingly holding the players back for the counter-attack.

28Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:33

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:You know its serious when even the commentators are saying that we would be better off without him.
What did the comms say Glos?

29Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:36

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The only memorable thing about todays game was Ameobi's shot against the crossbar. Two things struck me about todays game.
Firstly, how easy it is to play against us. All you need is  mobility- get your players up and down the park and you can contain a toothless Bolton. They're like the Italian army- rather go backwards than forwards.
The second thing , and I think todays game confirms this, is that we really have a set of mediocre plyers. It's no wonder that other clubs have shown them the door. Few of them can control a ball, tackle cleanly or pass over any distance. So many long balls went directly to their players or out for goalkicks.  We have hardly any shots from distance- and that's what we need as we have no guile in the box.
As regards our 'strikers' - they might have been good once but now they're just industrious carthorses and even the addition of Doidge doesn't help matters.
The way we are now I don't think we'll score a dozen goals before the end of the season. We simply can't rely on our 'strikers' to score.
Unless a miracle happens we have found our correct and justified place in the league table and we'll be in the same place at the end of the season

Last edited by rammywhite on Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:39; edited 2 times in total

30Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The manager has to go.

No quality, no spirit, no urgency, no fucking goals.

This squad have had every attacking instinct slowly squeezed out of them with this shitty defensive mentality.

But fuck me, for a defensive team we a fucking crap at defending. Even Olkowski seems to have lowered himself to default BWFC standards.

We miss Karl Henry big time. We don't have a leader, it's just 11 strangers running around like headless chickens.

Henry, Morais & Le Fondre all released and not a single replacement is fit to lace their boots.

Come on Ken, get rid of Parky tonight. Don't give him another transfer window to bring in even more dross.

31Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:40

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not really much to add from my last few weeks comments, apart from congratulations Parky on making history !!!

32Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:46

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:The manager has to go.

This squad have had every attacking instinct slowly squeezed out of them with this shitty defensive mentality.

But fuck me, for a defensive team we a fucking crap at defending. Even Olkowski seems to have lowered himself to default BWFC standards.

We miss Karl Henry big time. We don't have a leader, it's just 11 strangers running around like headless chickens.

Henry, Morais & Le Fondre all released and not a single replacement is fit to lace their boots.

Come on Ken, get rid of Parky tonight. Don't give him another transfer window to bring in even more dross.
Don't hold back Nat... tell us what you really think! (and you are right)

33Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 19:03

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

IMO
Parky has now moved to next to bottom of the BWFC managers League table, replacing Coyle next to bottom, just ahead of Dougie.

Are BWFC going for the record of how many of the shitist managers they can employ in one decade ?????

34Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 19:03

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cannot disagree with any of those statements, and to add to the ineptness why was Alnwick captain? how can he control play? why does Magennis take throw ins when he should be on the end of them? all down to a clueless manager with no idea on how to change things.

35Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 19:24

Depressing, and difficult to see how it gets any better with the options available and no chance of investment. Parky and his team have done an outstanding job for the club both on and off the pitch, but it can’t get any worse at this point and a change may at least bring some energy back to the club short term?

Clutching at straws though to be honest, attracting a decent manager to a basket case club will be nigh on impossible.

Think we’re screwed.

36Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 19:41

I think the real player we’re missing is Madine, Donaldson not up to it for me.

37Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 20:05

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm not sure what can be done at this point.
As for this game we were beaten by a world class blast....but they didn't kill us otherwise.
We were better with Ameobi in the side. Beevers distribution from the back is laughable. I lost track of how many times it was hoofed right out of play or nowhere near a white shirt.
And we still insist on back passing to the keeper who then hoofs it up the park. Turning over possession right away.
Change of manager would be best but only if we get somebody with forward thinking ideas. 
As others have said...who would want the job.

38Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 20:21

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:Change of manager would be best but only if we get somebody with forward thinking ideas. 
There won't be a shortage of good managers wanting the job, we need a manager that can organise and drill them, a leader, a tactician and a manager that can make changes in game, there's plenty out there that will do a much better job than Parkinson has.

39Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 20:25

MartinBWFC wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Change of manager would be best but only if we get somebody with forward thinking ideas. 
There won't be a shortage of good managers wanting the job, we need a manager that can organise and drill them, a leader, a tactician and a manager that can make changes in game, there's plenty out there that will do a much better job than Parkinson has.

Who exactly do you think is going to want this job?

40Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat Nov 10 2018, 20:49

Silence is deafening as always Martin, you’re just a load of hot air.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum