Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Swansea

+17
Dunkels King
NickFazer
terenceanne
bryan458
wessy
wanderlust
gloswhite
observer
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
MartinBWFC
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

41Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat 10 Nov - 21:01

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In truth I think all the elements of a genuinely competitive side are there but Phil seems unable to figure out how to use them properly. Most of all though the lack of goals is killing us and it really shouldn't be happening. We created an awful lot of chances today but no one was on the end of the final ball far too often while it looked to me like the strikers were almost afraid to shoot when they did have the chance. Sammy did a great job but to all intents and purposes he was on his own in the final third all day. That HAS to stop and frankly the lack of confidence shown by our attacking players must be laid at the manager's door.

I find myself agreeing with Martin, I think there are some good currently unemployed managers out there who would look at our current squad and see real potential. We already know we can play much better than this thanks to how we started the season and our failure to do so for so long can'r be laid anywhere but at Phil's feet. It's time for a change.

42Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat 10 Nov - 21:04

LPP do you honestly think this team has a striker up to leading the line in this league? Two unproven at this level and one 36 year old?

Who are these good out of work managers who’d take this job? Bruce, for example, has never taken a job without strong financial support.

43Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat 10 Nov - 21:26

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y wrote:LPP do you honestly think this team has a striker up to leading the line in this league? Two unproven at this level and one 36 year old?

Who are these good out of work managers who’d take this job? Bruce, for example, has never taken a job without strong financial support.
Honestly TROY I think Doidge COULD do it with better support from midfield. I also think that Magennis has ability but that confidence has become an all pervading issue for practically everyone. Personally I don't know exactly who would take the job but whether or not there's a lot of money in the pot might be less of an issue than you might think. For one thing our situation is well known to both the fans and the wider footballing community so expectations have been lowered accordingly. Keeping us up from here would be deemed a success and doing so could only bolster a manager's reputation. I believe Bruce could do it but he's not alone. I honestly think we have the quality to stay up but Phil's run out of ideas and belief which shows in both his team selections and his tactical approach. I wish we didn't need to change manager, I hate to see anyone sacked but in truth I don't think we can afford to go on as we are.

44Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat 10 Nov - 21:46

As I said earlier changing manager is probably the only option we have, but Martin’s notion that good managers will be queuing up is nonsense.

45Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat 10 Nov - 22:16

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ken's next pep talk to the fans should be interesting.

46Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sat 10 Nov - 22:29

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Why are we hammering strikers who only play for twenty minutes max? you need to play into form so Doidge has no chance he needs to play regularly in a settled side same for any striker. The three we are judging may not be good enough, however they have only played as one up front or a cameo last 10 minutes? hardly fair to judge.

47Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 0:19

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

By and large I have supported Parky so far but his inability to pick a settled side has a lot to do with our predicament imo. The constant wholesale changes don't give the team any opportunity to gel and those plcked know there is a fifty fifty chance they will be on the bench for the next game.

Set your stall out Parky and  pick eleven for the next six games and stick with it, injuries and suspensions permitting. Most successful teams have settled linev ups ffs.

48Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 6:09

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Do you think some of the players are just going through the motions due to the (alleged) ongoing problem with wages being paid on time ? I don't get how we can go from getting great results against West Brom and Derby, and come back from 2-0 down at Preston, to the shit we have seen in the last half dozen games. I watched some of the game on iPlayer yesterday at work and I really had to switch it off. We are abysmal. I have never seen us look so shit as we do at the moment, not even last season where we spent 99% of the season in the bottom three.

49Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 8:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:As I said earlier changing manager is probably the only option we have, but Martin’s notion that good managers will be queuing up is nonsense.

I don't think there will be big name managers queuing up, but there will be good managers after the job.

There will be plenty of good managers in Leagues 1 & 2 who will see Bolton as a massive step up. And that's exactly what we need, a manager who knows players in the lower leagues and can spot the ones who can play at a higher level.

Any manager that brings just a tiny bit of success to Bolton can virtually write his own ticket for his next job.

50Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 9:15

wessy wrote:Why are we hammering strikers who only play for twenty minutes max? you need to play into form so Doidge has no chance he needs to play regularly in a settled side same for any striker. The three we are judging may not be good enough, however they have only played as one up front or a cameo last 10 minutes? hardly fair to judge.

Just to be clear, I like doidge I think he should be starting - but he is unproven. And my point was more to say that I don’t think it’s a given that Parkinson has all the tools at his disposal to have a mid table side. If we scrape survival it’s another superb achievement.

51Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 9:16

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:As I said earlier changing manager is probably the only option we have, but Martin’s notion that good managers will be queuing up is nonsense.

I don't think there will be big name managers queuing up, but there will be good managers after the job.

There will be plenty of good managers in Leagues 1 & 2 who will see Bolton as a massive step up. And that's exactly what we need, a manager who knows players in the lower leagues and can spot the ones who can play at a higher level.

Any manager that brings just a tiny bit of success to Bolton can virtually write his own ticket for his next job.

Difficult to say, but I remember the list of names when Parky was appointed. Can’t see it being too different now to be honest, if anything we had more potential as a top league one side than a basket case championship side.

52Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 10:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I knew before i set out from home yesterday that we would get beat and they didn't disappoint! Parky has to go now, 1 win in 13 and 4 home games without a goal. KA has to act now during the international break.
There may not be big name managers clamouring for the job but it's that bad now we just need anyone in, a change of voice as the players are being stifled. No one apart from Oztumer wants to show for the ball and pass forward, the rest are just happy to pass sideways and backwards, their confidence is shot to pieces by negative tactics and not having a settled team.

The formation at home doesn't help either, why can't Parky see a 4231 at home is just too defensive? We haven't scored at home for 4 games now and i can't see where the next goal is coming from. If Ameobi hadn't played yesterday then we wouldn't have had a shot on target all game.

I also heard for the first time abuse aimed at the Andersons yesterday coming from knobhead corner and it's only going to get more toxic if Parky stays. The 4 tickets for £10 worked well didn't it KA? Fans wont come for even a fiver with the negative dross being served up at the moment.

53Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 11:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Difficult to say, but I remember the list of names when Parky was appointed. Can’t see it being too different now to be honest, if anything we had more potential as a top league one side than a basket case championship side.

The list is always the same for any Championship club sacking their manager, and sadly most clubs pick from that list.

We need to find a lower league manager with a bit of style. I have no idea who is manager at the following clubs - Accrington, Luton, Colchester, Tranmere etc but all are doing well on limited budgets and gates. And no one can deny the Cowley brothers have done an amazing job at Lincoln.

Would any of the current managers of those clubs turn down the Bolton job? I doubt it.

54Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 11:25

Natasha Whittam wrote:

And no one can deny the Cowley brothers have done an amazing job at Lincoln.

Heavily linked with the Ipswich job in the summer, instead they extended their contracts to 2022, personally I doubt we could attract them. I do agree with you though, much prefer us to take a gamble on a lower league manager than pick up the likes of Cotterill for instance.

55Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 11:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Heavily linked with the Ipswich job in the summer, instead they extended their contracts to 2022, personally I doubt we could attract them.

I only put that in to excite Martin.

56Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 11:41

Crying into his Parky out bedsheet now no doubt.

57Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 11:46

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Dunkels King wrote: I don't get how we can go from getting great results against West Brom and Derby, and come back from 2-0 down at Preston, to the shit we have seen in the last half dozen games. 

Agreed....and went to Reading to see us comfortably superior in that match too. Came away from that game thinking that our season was going to be stress-free.
Our new signings looked a step up from the players we discarded, there seemed to be a plan, everyone knew their role and carried it out confidently. What has happened since?

58Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 12:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Our new signings looked a step up from the players we discarded, there seemed to be a plan, everyone knew their role and carried it out confidently. What has happened since?

5 changes every week happened.

59Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 15:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Considering it was supposed to be a day celebrating grown men going to war and dying for their countries I thought some of the Swansea players were nothing short of fucking pathetic, rolling around as though they'd been shot.

But with that mini rant out the way, I thought Parkinson's assistant made some good points on the radio before the match. You just can't win unless you're winning basically.

We've had managers that set up positively, to win matches then when we got battered, it was his fault because we're too open, and we need a McCarthy, Pulis type - someone to steady the ship, organise the defence etc. Well at the minute, that's exactly the sort of manager we've got. It ain't working right now, no doubt about it, but if we were playing the other extreme style and getting the same results, Parky would be just the guy people would be wanting us to bring in.

60Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun 11 Nov - 16:00

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:

We've had managers that set up positively, to win matches then when we got battered, it was his fault because we're too open, and we need a McCarthy, Pulis type - someone to steady the ship, organise the defence etc. Well at the minute, that's exactly the sort of manager we've got. It ain't working right now, no doubt about it, but if we were playing the other extreme style and getting the same results, Parky would be just the guy people would be wanting us to bring in.

You're not seriously comparing Parkinson to McCarthy or Pulis are you? I have seen no defensive organisation, nor have I seen any type of organisation, and to say that what we need is another Parkinson type well that's just laughable, tell me this, how many Championship clubs will be clamouring for Parkinson's leadership?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum