Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Press vs Royals

+8
xmiles
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Cajunboy
karlypants
wanderlust
boltonbonce
okocha
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Tue Jan 14 2020, 13:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thing is, he failed. They got in before him, so he's wasted his time.

42Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Tue Jan 14 2020, 20:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'll wait for the next series of 'The Crown' for all the inside info.  Very Happy

43Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Tue Jan 14 2020, 22:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One of my old friends works at Wilton House where "The Crown" is filmed. He reckons Olivia Colman spends much of her time playing with the children on site and seems very natural and unaffected despite her recent successes on screen. Others are much more stand-offish.
 Helena Bonham Carter smiled at him and paid him a compliment about his Christmas pullover with the result that he went weak at the knees and tongue-tied. One of the very few women he'd describe as genuinely beautiful.
 He's been rubbing shoulders with royalty over the past few months but that little perk of the job has lost its gloss in the last few weeks and months for obvious reasons.....

44Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Tue Jan 14 2020, 22:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:One of my old friends works at Wilton House where "The Crown" is filmed. He reckons Olivia Colman spends much of her time playing with the children on site and seems very natural and unaffected despite her recent successes on screen. Others are much more stand-offish.
 Helena Bonham Carter smiled at him and paid him a compliment about his Christmas pullover with the result that he went weak at the knees and tongue-tied. One of the very few women he'd describe as genuinely beautiful.
 He's been rubbing shoulders with royalty over the past few months but that little perk of the job has lost its gloss in the last few weeks and months for obvious reasons.....
I like Bonham Carter, but why is part of her morning routine looking for a hedge through which to be dragged? Very Happy

45Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Wed Jan 15 2020, 16:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

She likes to be noticed, presumably.  Very Happy

46Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Wed Jan 15 2020, 17:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I like Bonham Carter, but why is part of her morning routine looking for a hedge through which to be dragged? Very Happy

Yes, she looks like your type.

Press vs Royals - Page 3 010AIW_Helena_Bonham_Carter_009

47Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Wed Jan 15 2020, 17:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really my type Nat. I've still got the hots for Louise Brooks.
Press vs Royals - Page 3 A4f675026a074e7f1ce24ad3da7e3b8c

48Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Wed Jan 15 2020, 18:55

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Surely the answer is that she tried to fit in with her partner, the eccentric Tim Burton....never good enough for her.....I see they're separated now and she has a new toyboy

Press vs Royals - Page 3 Z

Press vs Royals - Page 3 Helena-Bonham-Carter-and-Tim-Burton-main

49Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sat Jan 18 2020, 09:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

50Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sat Jan 18 2020, 19:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

51Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sun Jan 19 2020, 13:26

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:Fair play to them. They've given up the titles and will repay the money.
I would be very surprised if they have actually given up very much in the longer term. I also think th decision was taken away from them, rather than tehm deciding what they wanted.
In effect they have abdicated, and I can't help but wonder what is this strange effect that American divorcees have on our royalty  Very Happy

52Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sun Jan 19 2020, 16:11

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Completely wrong, Glos! Try reading a newspaper or TV analysis  that has no axe to grind. Start with this enlightening article......it's lengthy but well worth the time if you want the truth rather than a deliberate, nasty, unwarranted character assassination from the tabloids that have most to lose.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/19/there-is-a-reason-why-royals-demonised-but-wont-read-all-about-it-prince-harry-meghan-markle

53Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sun Jan 19 2020, 19:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:Completely wrong, Glos! Try reading a newspaper or TV analysis  that has no axe to grind. Start with this enlightening article......it's lengthy but well worth the time if you want the truth rather than a deliberate, nasty, unwarranted character assassination from the tabloids that have most to lose.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/19/there-is-a-reason-why-royals-demonised-but-wont-read-all-about-it-prince-harry-meghan-markle
Interesting article, (and I read it all) Very Happy
I'm aware the press are on their backs all the time. In truth I have no respect for the press, they are biased, cruel, and often disgraceful, in their pursuit of a 'story'.
My comments were about the financial side of things. Although they are supposedly giving back £2.4 million for the cottage,  they are retaining it with a 'commercial' rent, (his dad will pay it),. They will still be living on their celebrity, even though they are not allowed to use the 'Royal Highness' title. 
My comment about the decision being taken away from them was that there were two 'breakaway' royals telling the establishment what they wanted to do, which was quite clearly ignored behind the scenes, and seemingly supported by HM. The removal of any military ties shows how badly the 'firm' took it.
In summary, I have no problem with them leaving the royal circle, its their decision to make, but I feel the wake-up they received when their demands were refused should go some way to them realising that the British public does not owe them anything, nor will they pay just because they are titled, rather than entitled. Having said that, I hope they do well in the future.

54Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sun Jan 19 2020, 22:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Glos, isn't what you believe above still based on the slant the rabid newspapers with vested financial interests choose to assert? These snippets usually come from "a source" or "an insider"......never named.
Always fun to compare the headlines of each of the daily papers to see how different their interpretations of news can be, depending on whether they want to be fair or not.

55Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Mon Jan 20 2020, 18:57

An actor/singer called Lawrence Fox is the latest to tell us all the press coverage isn’t racist, and in fact Britain is the most lovely country in Europe and these things don’t really exist here.

Question is, how would he know? Should we not leave it to the people who are likely to experience racism to decide whether or not it exists?

56Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Mon Jan 20 2020, 19:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fantastic performance by lozza on QT.

Wound up all the right people.

57Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Mon Jan 20 2020, 20:10

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Have seen Laurence on Celebrity Gogglebox with his cousin, Emilia Fox. He comes across as a rather dim, foul-mouthed, crude, sneering yob. She, by contrast, is refined and delightful. 

I couldn't comment on whether the press are any more racist than Boris or Farage.....but the majority are indisputably heartless and vicious. 

You'd think that what the press did to Harry's mother would make them more sensitive to his concerns about his wife being treated in the same unfeeling way as Diana was. He has every right to be protective of Meghan and their baby son and to try to escape some of the media invective. 

Canada's press and society are a lot more fair-minded, respectful and sensitive. Most of us would lose our equilibrium and even our sanity, if hounded as grotesquely as Harry and Meghan have been by a sensation-seeking press that ignores all the wonderful charity work and good causes that the loving couple support.

58Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Mon Jan 20 2020, 20:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Fantastic performance by lozza on QT.

Wound up all the right people.
Fox's dream dinner guest would, he says, be Jordan Peterson. How anyone would want to spend an evening listening to that pompous prick is beyond me. 
He'd be in good company mind. Two people who can eat, and talk out of their arse at the same time.

59Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Mon Jan 20 2020, 20:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:Glos, isn't what you believe above still based on the slant the rabid newspapers with vested financial interests choose to assert? These snippets usually come from "a source" or "an insider"......never named.
Always fun to compare the headlines of each of the daily papers to see how different their interpretations of news can be, depending on whether they want to be fair or not.
I don't actually read the papers per se. I read a variety of topics from the news on line. I know they are basically the same, but I tend to get them from all over the place. As you say, its interesting to see what theories are expounded by some, and what others deem as the truth.  Its very hard to keep an open mind when someone is strongly agreeing with what you think though. 
I even read articles about Labour and the four stooges, (I don't count Lisa Nandy in that lot as she hasn't done anything wrong yet)  Very Happy

60Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Mon Jan 20 2020, 20:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Two people who can eat, and talk out of their arse at the same time.

Just like when you met Breadman for lunch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum