Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+26
Whitesince63
Norpig
boltonbonce
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
gloswhite
wessy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
observer
xmiles
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Nigelbwfc
bryan458
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 50]

941Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 17 2022, 10:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone know if we still have a foreign scouting system? I guess Kacha was scouted abroad although that's not certain given his Arsenal connection.
I was just thinking that all the rumours so far seem to suggest we're fishing in a very small pond and if Evatt is concerned about the transfer budgets of other teams and is serious about building a team that can compete to climb up the leagues shouldn't we be expanding the search beyond recycled Brits?

942Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 17 2022, 11:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Does anyone know if we still have a foreign scouting system? I guess Kacha was scouted abroad although that's not certain given his Arsenal connection.
I was just thinking that all the rumours so far seem to suggest we're fishing in a very small pond and if Evatt is concerned about the transfer budgets of other teams and is serious about building a team that can compete to climb up the leagues shouldn't we be expanding the search beyond recycled Brits?

Well seeing Doyle was said to be our scout for Ireland then I very much doubt we have!

Kachunga wasn't scouted abroad by us, he was at Huddersfield with the bloke who is our analytical expert (the one who went on to be in the backroom of the England team before he joined us).

Of course it would be ideal to have a worldwide, tip top, scouting team but as always it comes down to money and as Bob and myself keep saying we don't believe FV are flush with it at the moment.

I would imagine the club would have agents sending them videos of their clients from abroad but even then there most be a great cost of bringing them over here for trials and keeping them happy if we did sign them if they had no connections in this country and/or could not speak the language or fit with our culture etc.

I would think the way to go for now is the way we have already with Kachunga and Dadi, namely foreign players already assimilated and at home in this country already.

943Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed May 18 2022, 13:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm wondering if the goalie in question is Jake Turner? The lad grew up at BWFC and was released to Newcastle when we were on our knees, but now that the Geordies are gazillionaires they won't be renewing his contract this summer.
I was quite impressed with him when he was here playing for the kids and given that he knows the club well, maybe a return is on the cards?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure his distribution is as good as his shot-stopping though and Evatt will want a ball player.
Still, he's 23 now so who knows?

944Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed May 18 2022, 22:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

945Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 19 2022, 00:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm glad Fossey looks to be on his way here and hopefully for a reasonable fee. Still think we need more quality and steel if we're going to compete for promotion though. A goalie would be useful too.

946Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 19 2022, 08:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Delfouneso must be chuffed he can pretend to be a footballer for another year or two.

947Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri May 20 2022, 10:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any inside info on potential targets - or transfer budget Biggie?

948Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri May 20 2022, 11:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saw on twitter earlier we have been linked to another Coventry City young striker called Fabio Tavares.

Fantastic name, sounds like he should be running a nightclub in Miami rather than playing for Coventry  Very Happy

949Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri May 20 2022, 11:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

950Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri May 20 2022, 14:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh dear. He's only young but this looks very much like a B team move - but Evatt did imply that the B team would be there to compete for a starting spot so maybe he'll develop?

951Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon May 23 2022, 10:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see why there are rumours about us (and others) being linked with Ayoub Assal, the kid from Wimbledon.
He's quick, looks after the ball well, scores 1 in 4 games, draws a lot of fouls, sees a pass...altogether a tidy and nippy winger (not dissimilar to Diddy) Smile

He is a lightweight 20 year old but doesn't seem to have any problem with getting stuck in and after Wimbledon were relegated there may be a deal to be done but others will want him.

Highlights of his 20/21 season here:

952Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 26 2022, 01:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best wishes to Matty Alexander as he moves on - hopefully to find a club. Right decision, but the lad will always be remembered for his clean sheet against Cov.

953Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon May 30 2022, 00:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt has signed some players - presumably for the B team - but hasn't announced them yet. Moreover he reckons progress is being made with others.
The suspense is killing me!

954Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon May 30 2022, 00:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Evatt has signed some players - presumably for the B team - but hasn't announced them yet. Moreover he reckons progress is being made with others.
The suspense is killing me!

You must have missed this posted on the Nuts Twitter site by Mr I.T.K. himself, Biggie.

955Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon May 30 2022, 09:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saw it and was duly amused.

956Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 31 2022, 15:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not much happening is there?  :tumbleweed:

957Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 31 2022, 15:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope! What's happening with Fossey and Trafford?

958Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 31 2022, 17:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Nope! What's happening with Fossey and Trafford?
...erm....that'll be not much Smile

959Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 01 2022, 13:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its probably complete bollocks but someone on twitter says Fossey to be announced tomorrow as well as Troy Parrott! Now he'd be a great signing!

960Transfer rumours ! - Page 48 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 01 2022, 15:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Its probably complete bollocks but someone on twitter says Fossey to be announced tomorrow as well as Troy Parrott! Now he'd be a great signing!
Is Troy a pretty boy then? My obese parrot died last week. It's a huge weight off my shoulders.

I've got more. But I don't want to cause any more Nuts departures.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum