Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Peterborough

+7
Bolton Nuts
terenceanne
boltonbonce
wessy
Cajunboy
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Thu 15 Sep - 1:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's is going on with the Posh?

They started the season off with an impressive comeback away win at Cheltenham scoring 3 goals in 13 minutes after trailing 2 nil at HT, then battered Morecambe 3 nil followed by an excellent 2 nil away win at Plymouth in the EFL Cup only to be beaten by the same team 3 days later in the league.

Undeterred, they then smashed Sheff Wednesday 2 nil and Lincoln 4 nil to go second in the league.

And then the wheels fell off.

It started in the next game away at Derby. Thomson got sent off and yet the Posh managed to take the lead, but eventually the extra man paid off for Derby and they nicked it with goals on 88 and 91 minutes.

Posh took the lead again away at Plymouth but again ended up losing by the odd goal despite dominating possession - and on Tuesday were turned over by Fleetwood who only had 8 shots to Posh's 21 - but one of Fleetwood's went in (Josh Vela)

There is no doubt that Posh can play and when it comes together they can beat anyone in this league, but something's not been quite right in the last three games. Whatever that is they'll be desperate to put it right against us as they have quality players and are considered genuine promotion contenders.
It could be argued that they've just had bad luck recently - they certainly competed in the games they narrowly lost all being by a single goal.

Talent-wise, there's nothing between the two teams but there is a bit of player history as Ricardo Santos, Lloyd Isgrove, Kieran Sadlier and Kyle Dempsey have all played for Peterborough in recent years.

So which Posh will turn up? For that matter, which BWFC will turn up?

I can't see Evatt starting this one with both George and MJ playing so it'll be interesting to see how Evatt plays his horses for courses card.

Heart says we're going to be brilliant and win. Head says a draw.

2Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Thu 15 Sep - 8:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm thinking a draw as well Lusty, they started this season on fire and will be one of the favourites to go up.

I agree on Thomason as well, i can see him playing to stiffen up the midfield and protect the back 3.

3Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Thu 15 Sep - 9:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'm thinking a draw as well Lusty, they started this season on fire and will be one of the favourites to go up.

I agree on Thomason as well, i can see him playing to stiffen up the midfield and protect the back 3.
I was thinking that Evatt might not start him, given their style of play and Evatt's rotation. Could be a mistake mate - we'll see.

4Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Fri 16 Sep - 13:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gone for a 2-1 win on the predictor comp so may be heart over head  Very Happy

5Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Fri 16 Sep - 14:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon we might win this.

Don't know where the goals are coming from, probably not Charles or Kachunga. A Trafford brace is probably more likely.

2-0 to Bolton.

6Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Fri 16 Sep - 15:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I reckon we might win this.

Don't know where the goals are coming from, probably not Charles or Kachunga. A Trafford brace is probably more likely.

2-0 to Bolton.
Aaaaaaaaaarrrggggh - the kiss of death!

Why can't you just go with "we'll get dicked" - usually works for us.

7Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Fri 16 Sep - 15:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know what wanderlust wrote, but as he's quoted me I'm assuming it's a response to my post.

Can someone please inform wanderlust that he has been on ignore for 3 years now, he may not have noticed, but I've not responded directly to a single post he's made in that time.

When I receive an apology by PM I will remove him from my ignore list.

8Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Fri 16 Sep - 19:04

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well looking on the Posh forum even most of their fans think we’ll win. I agree, we’re turning into a good team and whatever Evatt’s getting into them is working and we just need the strikers to contribute more to win more comfortably. I do hope Evatt sticks with George T and MJ in the middle as they look strong both forward and back and it would be a shame to split them up. I’m not sure Peterborough are all that or they wouldn’t have been relegated. Their front two look ok but I’m not impressed with the others. I’ll go for a win to Wanderers 3-1.

Lusty, was that you on the Posh site lulling their fans into a bit of false confidence? If not there’s another Wanderlust lurking!! 🤔

9Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Fri 16 Sep - 21:35

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I think it's time to make a few changes.

Jones Santos Johnstone have the back 3 sewn up.

Bradley and John should make up the wing backs.

Across the middle

Dempsey MJ Thomasson (Lee needs a rest)

Dapo Charles

But the key thing is make the impact subs that work.

Dadi, Bakayoko, Sadlier can all make an impact if they get 25 mins each.

I brought John in because he is a key creative player for us and his decision madding is better than Iredale (as good as Iredale is). Might be nice to see Isgrove on the right for 15 mins with John dropping into a back 4 and Dapo dropping to left wing.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat 17 Sep - 14:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

11Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat 17 Sep - 15:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Posh have made several changes and gone 433 for the first time this season.
Pretty obvious they know our WBs will try to get forward and have set up to exploit the gaps behind with pacy wide men.
They are also pressing when we try to play out and having some joy.
They're definitely having the better of things - it's ominous.

12Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat 17 Sep - 15:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Evatt has got the tactics all wrong - not helped by some wayward passing from the players.
He needs to react, but he's a stubborn bugger.

13Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat 17 Sep - 17:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finally he got strikers on the pitch and we got a goal - a bit jammy, but I'll take that.

Question for anyone at the game - was there a strong wind from one end of the pitch? Going off the shape of some of the passes it looked like it.

14Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat 17 Sep - 17:18

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Probably Bonce.

That vegan diet can be lethal.

15Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat 17 Sep - 17:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Probably Bonce.

That vegan diet can be lethal.
Smile

16Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat 17 Sep - 18:34

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Didn't notice any wind issue, It was a spoiler of a game they came out quicker and better than us for about 25 minutes without bothering Trafford. last 20 minutes of the first half we seemed to get up to speed creating a gilt edged chance that Bradley missed then hit the post.

We dominated the second half again wasting two real chances early on, it was a real battle of a game won with a fluke from Dapo but a deserved win.

17Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat 17 Sep - 18:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sky highlights don't show Bradley's shot, Dempsey's chance or the save from Iredale.

18Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat 17 Sep - 18:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't the game I was expecting at all - McCann benched Marriott for some reason and changed the system to frustrate us. They got stuck in and TBF it worked for a long time but as the game wore on I was expecting him to switch it up. He didn't, Evatt did and that was the difference.
It was noticeable that Thomason was again in the trenches with MJ and they stood up to the attempts to physically bully us and the dark arts in general - last season we would have crumbled.
Santos again worried me when he was pressed.

19Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat 17 Sep - 18:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Smile
Bloody cheek. I backed Dutch Decoy at 20/1. Unplaced. Crying or Very sad

Frustrating game today, but three points in the bag, so I'm happy enough.

20Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat 17 Sep - 20:39

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It might be my imagination, but every time Sadlier comes on, we instantly look like a better team - just saying. 
Hard slog today but three points in the bag. Good effort by all.
No keeper on the bench again - that's an accident waiting to happen - If Pep is Ian's inspiration, then notice Pep had two keepers on the bench today - maybe he knows somat.
Onwards.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum