Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Peterborough

+7
Bolton Nuts
terenceanne
boltonbonce
wessy
Cajunboy
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 1-0 Peterborough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat Sep 17 2022, 23:02

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Decent performance against a good side who tend to dominate even in the games they lose. They didn't dominate us and they stopped to some new lows to disrupt play and started time wasting in the 6th minute.

They kicked and threw the ball away about 17 or 18 times in total and didn't get pulled up once. Our player tapped it away and was already more or less in the swing of kicking it as the whistle went, and our man got a yellow card.

We had Bradley miss a sitter.
We hit the post twice.
Stone Wall penalty denied.
The Iredale missed a sitter.
Then a couple more near misses.
The goal was always coming, even without the deflection.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

22Bolton 1-0 Peterborough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat Sep 17 2022, 23:02

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I think Evatt took my wisdom on board (aside from Declan John, but he dropped Lee for Dempsey, and used Baka, Sads, Dapo and Bod as impact subs) and it seemed to work. And yet I still think we can go up a few gears.

Deserved the win but needed more polish.
Some of the decision makimg from Charles with where to run and when to play the ball was strange at best. His through ball for Bradley though.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

23Bolton 1-0 Peterborough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat Sep 17 2022, 23:42

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes, the pass to Bradley was class.

Dapo kept giving the ball away when he came on, but ultimately he scored the goal that won us the game!

24Bolton 1-0 Peterborough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sat Sep 17 2022, 23:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Posh were a dirty cynical team and came to spoil it and scrap. We wouldn't have won a game like that in previous seasons. Lucky goal in the end but we deserved it.

As for the ref, i think he was quite possibly the worst i've seen for a long while!

25Bolton 1-0 Peterborough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sun Sep 18 2022, 05:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't know what wanderlust wrote, but as he's quoted me I'm assuming it's a response to my post.

Can someone please inform wanderlust that he has been on ignore for 3 years now, he may not have noticed, but I've not responded directly to a single post he's made in that time.

When I receive an apology by PM I will remove him from my ignore list.
Cool! Is that how "ignore" works i.e. you can see quotes but not comments?

And does it work if we create a quote from scratch using the quote function in the tool bar?

Let's see...

Natasha Whittam wrote:Grow up FFS Smile

26Bolton 1-0 Peterborough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sun Sep 18 2022, 06:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince6 wrote:Lusty, was that you on the Posh site lulling their fans into a bit of false confidence? If not there’s another Wanderlust lurking!! 🤔
I often check out the opposition fan sites as you tend to get a better understanding of what they're about and there's no point in winding them up as they don't take it well so I tend to keep it to BWFC team news, concerns, current form and deal with disinformation e.g. the Posh guy who expected Beck would be starting.
I was on the Vital Lincoln site last August? during the game thread and made the mistake of typing "Sarcevic scores" (turned out to be the winner) and was immediately (30 seconds) banned by the dickhead admin. Unfortunately, Vital a group of fan sites hosted on a single server/database so the ban was applied to all of them due to their lazy programming (effectively each site was a subdivision of a single database) even though every other site I visited thanked me for my input and we left on good terms. The host "couldn't do anything about it" despite receiving messages from three other site admins asking for me to be reinstated (although I know that they really only had to change the admin permissions to a lower level or create a superadmin but that would have involved effort and maybe cost on their behalf Smile )
Generally, most fan sites are welcoming, appreciate the input/info and I leave on good terms with them regardless of the result. But not Lincoln it seems.

You catch more flies with sugar than vinegar as my mum used to say.

I see you comment on BN but TBH I only read Iles' hype to see what fans of other clubs are reading which makes it easier to understand why some sets of fans see us as fancy dans with loadsamoney and overconfidence.

27Bolton 1-0 Peterborough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sun Sep 18 2022, 10:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree on other fans sites Lusty, it’s easy to see how other fans are thinking but I find sometimes it takes so long to be accepted by the admin that the games passed. Like you, if I do post it’s always respectfully to the other club, which to be fair I try to be on all sites, including Wanderers ones although it’s sometimes hard with the clique on Wanderersways just insulting all the time!! 😉

Often the other fans don’t engage, as I think only one did for you yesterday but sometimes you can hold a decent discussion. To be fair to Posh fans yesterday the majority of realists accepted that Wanderers were the better team and deserved to win, so we shouldn’t complain too much. 🤗

28Bolton 1-0 Peterborough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Sun Sep 18 2022, 10:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Often the other fans don’t engage, as I think only one did for you yesterday but sometimes you can hold a decent discussion.
TBF I was quoted twice and got a "thank you" after the game ended Smile  ....but some sites are much more open as you say. I think it was Oxford where I was grilled by about a dozen or so of them wanting to know everything about every player - friendly bunch but demanding.

29Bolton 1-0 Peterborough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Mon Sep 19 2022, 10:31

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
TBF I was quoted twice and got a "thank you" after the game ended Smile  ....but some sites are much more open as you say. I think it was Oxford where I was grilled by about a dozen or so of them wanting to know everything about every player - friendly bunch but demanding.
Sorry Lusty, two fans then!! 🤗

30Bolton 1-0 Peterborough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Peterborough Tue Sep 20 2022, 13:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sorry Lusty, two fans then!! 🤗
You do me a disservice sir! It was three - which is about 30% of the contributors Very Happy

Shouldn't laugh really - when you consider this site.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum