Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has Azreal been sacked as well as his hero Coyle?

+4
chris_bwfc
jayjay23
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Looks as though as Az is out of a job!

Well I guess if you had no inkling the manager was being sacked (two days after telling anyone that would listen to him that Coyle was here for the long term!) nor that the owner had overruled Gartside and order the sacking and had to learn about weeks later on another fans forum from Chris Amos of all people(!) – then he’s clearly not got the foggiest idea what is going on around him really as he!

- Here Az, read it for yourself if you didn’t believe ‘Scoop’ Amos! - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Better luck with your next job!

Vacancy: Club Journalist

Reporting to the Communications Director, this is an excellent opportunity to join a great team at Bolton Wanderers

The Communications Department is responsible for all club media related matters, providing content across a range of platforms, including social media, club website, matchday publications and Wanderers Player.

You should possess:

- Excellent communication and customer service skills, be a strong team player, have a flexible approach to working hours, a proven track record of confidentiality, work on own initiative and work within the health and safety guidelines as set out in the club’s health and safety manual.

- NCTJ qualifications or a relevant media-related degree.

Main duties include:

- To provide audio visual and written content for all club media outlets, including the official club website, social media, matchday programme plus other club-associated requirements.

- Responsible for matchday media and audio visual packages to be aired on matchday.

- Content provider for Wanderers Player.

- Content provider for matchday programme, written articles.

- Content provider pre and post-match.

- Taking on further responsibilities within the department when called upon and assisting other departments with material and public relations matters.

- Responsible for new media content, Facebook and Twitter.

- Responsible for written and audio coverage of the reserves and academy.

Hours: 37 hours minimum per week with a flexible approach to working hours.

Closing Date: Monday 12 November

Salary: £15,000

For an application form and further details please contact Esther Elize (HR Assistant): - 01204 673767

• Human Resources Department, BWFC, Reebok Stadium, Burnden Way, Lostock, Bolton, BL6 6JW

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:16; edited 2 times in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shame on Azreal. He claimed he was his own man, sadly he wasn't.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't get what the OP is on about. Learn about it weeks later on a fans forum? What? Explain.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Can you change the AS in the title to HAS please. It bugs me a bit. Sorry.

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

jayjay23 wrote:Can you change the AS in the title to HAS please. It bugs me a bit. Sorry.
lol! :agree:

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Azreal contacted a number of BWFC forums (not all of them by any means!) asking for a meet up with people who I assume he thought were opinion leaders on them.

He purported himself to be some self appointed voice of the fans, who somehow convinced Phil Gartside to offer him a paid job as some sort of 'representative of the fans', to somehow give 'us' the fans an insight as to how the club is run and the 'club' a better understanding of how the fans feel and how better they could communicate with us.

Apart from the blindingly obvious fact that no one fan can represent the whole range of fans opinions and beliefs, his impartiality was instantly compromised the moment that Azreal became in effect a paid employee of the club (despite whatever way he implied he was not).

Az did actually met two posters from ww and assured them that Coyle was well regarded by the club and would remain in his position for the foreseeable future (a thread was started on ww following this meeting and 'revelation' about Coyle not leaving anytime soon).

Two days later Coyle was sacked!

Az disappeared from all forums for several days after the sacking but reappeared again on ba, telling everyone what a splendid job he had done at the club (apart from as the first team manager!). In the course of the thread our very own Chris Amos pointed out to him that if Coyle had done such a wonderful job then why had Eddie Davies overruled Gartside and instructed him to sack him - to which Az was completely unaware of - and somewhat doubting that such action had indeed been done.

The source of the story about Gartside being instructed to sack Coyle was from Alan Nixon, Coyle's close friend and mouthpiece.

I guess it is up to each individual to believe the story or not but there is an acknowledged history between Coyle and Nixon, it was printed in the national press and the club as not tried to deny it - so it seems to be very believable to me.

I posted this thread as a bit of a piss take really - I don't really believe he is the Wanderers £15,000 reporter whose job is being advertised but it is clear that whatever credibility he likes to think he has by being associated with the club is completely non existent as he clearly as no idea as to what is truly happening within it and the likes of Chris who lives in The Netherlands as a better idea of what’s going on than Mr Gartside’s self appointed (and paid!) sidekick has!

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:32; edited 1 time in total

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chris_bwfc wrote:
jayjay23 wrote:Can you change the AS in the title to HAS please. It bugs me a bit. Sorry.
lol! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm actually a chef at the Reebok, all hotdogs get personally spat on by myself before being sent up to the Whittam box. Nothing personal Tasha, It's just you're rich and I am not! #Jealous Twisted Evil

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't eaten a hotdog since "that incident" with Fat Sam.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Looks as though as Az is out of a job!

Well I guess if you had no inkling the manager was being sacked (two days after telling anyone that would listen to him that Coyle was here for the long term!) nor that the owner had overruled Gartside and order the sacking and had to learn about weeks later on another fans forum from Chris Amos of all people(!)

The cheek of it!!!

But thanks for the name-check, twice, Sluff-meister!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But, to be honestly fair, I do have some insider knowledge as well (all I can say is that I have known someone on my FB page for over 10 years and this person is connected to someone on the board, by marriage!)

azreal88

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Interesting thread, but not exactly accurate.

If anyone on here had met me, they'd know that I also think one person can't represent the fan base - but then I did say that, Sluffy, and said the best idea was to get some kind of fan organisation going.

I've not been 'sacked', though I have been busy. As I said on WW at the time, my understanding was that Coyle would be in charge for a good while, but the Millwall result and the following meeting changed that. As I understand it, Eddie didn't overrule anyone, but then I wasn't at the meeting and Nicko does indeed have a history with Owen - but then that would seem to indicate that I wasn't misinformed, if Eddie (who only deals with Phil) was the person who made the decision and everyone at the club was working with the assumption Owen was staying put. Which way around do you want it? Was I misinformed, or did Eddie make a decision and overrule everyone?

I stand by my point that Owen did good at the club as well as bad, and that there's no point pretending the development side of things had nothing to do with Coyle's management. Coyle was judged on more than just the first 11 results, as will Dougie be.

it's a bit disappointing that you seem to have gone into 'gloat mode' when I made a genuine attempt to involve you in getting more access and input for fans, especially when you seem even less informed about what I'm doing than you say I am about the club. Maybe that would change if you'd actually spoken to me about it, rather than declining the invitation.

As I pointed out to Nat on another forum, you guys have my email address (I think you also have my phone number), so you could simply have asked me what was going on.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Az. I sent you a text before the sacking. What did PG think of my idea? You didn't reply.

Also, I totally get where you are coming from on the above. If Davies came in and overruled at the last minute and the assumption at the club and the deal between PG and Coyle was that he would remain at the club then your information was accurate and as current as it possibly could be, not your fault things then changed.

Can you confirm something for me too. Is the Phil Gartside twitter account genuine. I always think the answers to fans questions are disconcertingly vague.

Many Thanks

azreal88

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Phil does post on Twitter, yes - though there could also be a fake one, I dunno. The one most people follow is genuine.

I never got a text off you, mate - didn't realise you had my number. Checked my emails and texts and have nothing from you in either.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

In one breath you say contact you if I /we want to know what is going on at the club and in the next you say you /no one knew that Coyle was about to be sacked less than 48 hours after you were proclaiming to being very much ITK that Coyle was here for the duration!

You can't be ITK and NOT ITK at the same time - can you – it’s got to be one or the other!

As they say, actions speak louder than words - you obviously had absolutely no idea whatsoever as to what was happening over the biggest Wanderers story in months, dear old Amos had to tell you what happened in the end!!!

As you know I did put your offer of a meet up and discussion with you to the people behind this site.

I think the lack of ANYBODY’S interest in doing so speaks volumes!

Funny how you've also been "busy" since the sacking of Coyle and the appointment of Freedman - the very time that fans really did want to know what was going on at the club – a very inappropriate time to go missing for someone so passionate about "getting more access and input [to the club] for fans"!

I think we'll take our chances with the clubs 'cub' reporter when appointed, at least we'll know they are openly in the clubs pay!

azreal88

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

It's interesting that you ignored the question of which way you want it, but never mind - there's more important things.

I have indeed been busy, and you had my email address if you want to ask me anything (or have me ask things) - you chose not to contact me, so fair enough.

It is a shame nobody on here was interested in getting any form of fans group sorted out, but your apathy regarding that isn't true of others I've met with - so yes, I've been rather busy. If you guys change your minds, at any stage, let me know.

It's not actually my job to give out information, but I did offer to ask questions if people wanted me to. Unfortunately Owen was sacked before I could do that with him, I'm happy to do so with Dougie. I would like to get out any information that people want, if it's possible to do it - but, as I say, you didn't use the contact details I gave you; that is hardly my fault.

If you're not interested in any of this sort of stuff, then I have no issue with that. Personally, I am, so I'll work on it and see what I can do. As I originally said, that might be as simple as going and asking a question for someone - or it might be articles, community work, fans groups etc. If I do get sacked, I'll be sure to let you know Wink

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

azreal88 wrote:

It is a shame nobody on here was interested in getting any form of fans group sorted out, but your apathy regarding that isn't true of others I've met with

Fans groups are the biggest waste of time ever, particularly at a club like Bolton where the fans love to argue with each other more than the opposition.

azreal88

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Natasha Whittam wrote:
azreal88 wrote:

It is a shame nobody on here was interested in getting any form of fans group sorted out, but your apathy regarding that isn't true of others I've met with

Fans groups are the biggest waste of time ever, particularly at a club like Bolton where the fans love to argue with each other more than the opposition.

And that's fine if that's your position, Nat. I actually think arguing in a fans group is useful, because it means you get all views rather than just one or two.

Nobody has to be involved. It doesn't even need to exist - but there does seem to be plenty of desire for it.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just keep doing what you're doing Az. Sluffy. Why are you being negative and critical of him for what seems to be no real reason?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum