Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X

+8
okocha
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 50]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been nominated for House Speaker over the pond. Should I go?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I've been nominated for House Speaker over the pond. Should I go?

I'll drive you to the airport. And I won't even charge you £70.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'll drive you to the airport. And I won't even charge you £70.
Nat has a heart of gold. I'm filling up. Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 4 1f625

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

2:45 Doncaster 10 Jan 2023 Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 4 Sky-sports-racing

Betting Better With Sky Bet Maiden Hurdle
GBB Race | Class 4 | 4YO plus
Winner £4,901 - 11 declared to run

ISSUING AUTHORITY

Short price, no real value.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I must have a word with Wessy about hankies. I've just realised that I don't own any. It must be ten years since I used a genuine linen hanky, having gotten used to the paper tissue variety.
Anyone else use a genuine 'snotrag' as my dad used to call them?
You can't beat some soft linen on your nose.

I have a clean one everyday.

I have some lovely soft tartan ones too.Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 4 91ywo810

It's some years since I wore a cravat.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I thought one or two on here might appreciate this!

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Surely he has enough money!!!

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not sure if you’re a Matt Berry fan like me Bonce but I was just enjoying Season 1 Episode 2 of Toast Of London and thought of you. If you can find it on YouTube there’s a Brucie Bonus in it for you.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Not sure if you’re a Matt Berry fan like me Bonce but I was just enjoying Season 1 Episode 2 of Toast Of London and thought of you. If you can find it on YouTube there’s a Brucie Bonus in it for you.
Thanks Fin, I'm on it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This it? Razz

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:This it? Razz

😀 That’s the one. The transformation is revealed later in the episode

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:

😀 That’s the one. The transformation is revealed later in the episode
This went under my radar, so I've bought the first 3 series on DVD. cheers

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Over the pond, the seemingly interminable vote for Speaker of the House forced many Democrats to find ways to pass the time, leaving the GOP to fight amongst themselves. Congresswoman Katie Porter decided to catch up on her reading.

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 4 Katie-porter-house-19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

When I was a little and had to visit my dad's mother, I simply couldn't understand a word she said to me - true story.

Reason I mention this is by accident I found this YouTube video of two old blokes speaking in a Wigan dialect.

I would think that even as close as Wigan is to Bolton, that the dialect is still not that similar as to what my granny was speaking (my dad obviously could speak the dialect too) but close enough so that you could get an idea of how as a kid as I then was (I was about 10 when my grandma died) had absolutely no idea what the hell it was that she was saying to me!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:When I was a little and had to visit my dad's mother, I simply couldn't understand a word she said to me - true story.

Reason I mention this is by accident I found this YouTube video of two old blokes speaking in a Wigan dialect.

I would think that even as close as Wigan is to Bolton, that the dialect is still not that similar as to what my granny was speaking (my dad obviously could speak the dialect too) but close enough so that you could get an idea of how as a kid as I then was (I was about 10 when my grandma died) had absolutely no idea what the hell it was that she was saying to me!

It's amazing isn't it. I'm always defeated by strong dialects. This one is a corker.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Baffled a ten year old this evening when I explained that, when I was a kid I had to get up and push a button on the TV to change channels.
He couldn't get his head round it. I'm going to tell him about Izal toilet paper tomorrow.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big trouble here. I've just discovered that the ten year old I mentioned in an earlier post, has gone home with my stuffed Bagpuss. It was given to him without my knowledge. I'm spitting feathers.
He was just an old saggy cloth cat, baggy, and a bit loose at the seams, but Bonce loved him. Sad

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 4 1001_Bagpuss

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Baffled a ten year old this evening when I explained that, when I was a kid I had to get up and push a button on the TV to change channels.
He couldn't get his head round it. I'm going to tell him about Izal toilet paper tomorrow.

Lucky you!

When I was a kid we had to turn a dial on the side of the telly to change the channel - and there were only two channels back then the BBC (note NOT BBC 1 as BBC 2 only started in 1964) and Granada (did we call it ITV back then, I can't remember?),

Very much like this one in fact, and the screen was tiny as well! -

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 4 Vintage-mahogany-television-by-blaupunkt-wrke-gmbh-1950

Also the TV only broadcast at certain times of the day and ended each night with the National Anthem!

And (I kid you not) my grandad used newspapers tore into squares for toilet paper - and the toilets (were you had to pull the chain to flush it) were all outside of the house back then too!

All unthinkable these days but back then it was just normal to us all (well not the newspaper for toilet roll - probably grandad thought it was softer than Izal perhaps!).

And talking of toilets, my junior school's were outside and basically we all had to stand and piss up against the wall (as we did when we got a bit older in some of the older pubs around Bolton) with the gully draining it away to one end of the 'piss stones'.

And yes us kids, we really did have competitions to see who could piss highest up the wall!

Incredible when I think back how much things have changed in just my lifetime - in this instance all for the better!

Still happy days they were though!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum