Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derby 1-0 Bolton

+8
karlypants
Sluffy
Norpig
okocha
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

41Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 16:58

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

42Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 17:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's a GAME of football ffs!

One of is bonkers and at least I know the difference between real life and a game - seems some of you clearly can't!

It's a game and that is all there is to it - unless you make it something it isn't by changing it in your heads...

...as Peggy Lee explains it in this song when she pops a few bubbles about things people over believe there is more to, than actually what there is...

The moral being enjoy the game (fire, circus, etc) but don't obsess about it.

It's still just a game (fire, circus, etc) at the end of the day - nothing more - no matter what you've made it into, in your heads.

43Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 18:27

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

44Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 18:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A song is just a song - you add your emotions to it and change it into what YOU want it to be - not what is actually there.

45Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 19:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The person who sings the song puts their emotions into it.

46Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 19:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can’t believe I’ve listened to that tune twice now…

47Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 19:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Piero must have pegged his nose to play parts of this tune. Very Happy

48Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 20:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see Man Utd beat Liverpool with two very late goals. Not that I care. It's only a game.
Good luck to those boys in the semi. Let's hope it's a great game and the best team win.

49Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 20:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:The person who sings the song puts their emotions into it.

Are they they same emotions as the person who wrote the song though?

For example this song...

Is it a love song or is it a stalker?

Apparently it was about being a stalker...

Sting wrote the song and was the one who first sang it.

At the end of 1983, in an interview with Annie Nightingale, Sting also revealed that "Every Breath You Take" was a song about unrequited love.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The song is just words on paper from the song writer.

The song is how the singer sings the words and presents their interpretation of the song (or rather how the record company tells them to).

The listener hears what he hears - or rather hears what he thinks or wants to hear - Peter Kay has made a living out of funny mis-hearings of song lyrics!

If someone hears the song at a certain moments in their life, they associate the song because of the memories it triggers - both good and bad.

I remember this song coming out just after a friends dad had suddenly died a few weeks before Christmas, she couldn't cope with it and went a bit funny - and you could see why - but it wasn't the songwriters intent, or the group singing it, it was the memories triggered by the song - it was how she heard the song that was personal to her and not the hundred of thousands who went out and bought the record and made it number one that Christmas or wherever it ended up.

My point being it isn't the words of any song or how any singer sings the song, it's how you as an individual want to remember it and what it means to you - and what it means to you isn't what it means to me and most others too.

The girl remembers her dad, the same song reminds me of the girl and not her dad, if you see what I mean - and it's still the same song but just triggers different memories.

Football is a GAME - it's the same game that kids play on the street - if your kids playing, it's important, if your kids not playing it's irrelevant - it still is a GAME whether you invest emotions into it or not.

I'm only trying to talk in 'songs' as a response to Cajun talking to me in the medium of songs.

I'm not out to piss on anyone's chips, merely just to show you that the GAME, the song, the slippers are just a game, a song, some slippers and they don't morph into something else - it's YOU who individually change what it is to YORSELF because of YOUR emotions - the game, the song, the slippers remain as they have always been.

50Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 21:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:A song is just a song - you add your emotions to it and change it into what YOU want it to be - not what is actually there.

New ringtone sorted! Very Happy

51Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 22:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

52Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Sun Mar 17 2024, 23:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's a GAME whether people want to accept it or not!!!

Definition
The beautiful game
phrase
BRITISH

Soccer.

Wiki
The Beautiful Game

"The Beautiful Game" (Portuguese: o jogo bonito) is a nickname for association football. It was popularised by Brazilian footballer Pelé, though the exact origin of the phrase is disputed. Stuart Hall, an English football commentator, used it as far back as 1958. Hall admired Peter Doherty when he went to see Manchester City play at Maine Road and used the term "The Beautiful Game" to describe Doherty's style of play.

Goal magazine
Explained: Why is football called the beautiful game?

Football, futbol, le foot, soccer - however term you call it by, it is considered the world's beautiful game

Football is considered the world's greatest sport and "the beautiful game".

There is no set universal explanation of exactly why football is referred to as the beautiful game, but it is widely accepted that the sport is so beloved for its sheer unpredictability, ability to bring communities together through fanhood and how visually pleasing an excellent game of football can be.

When Saturday Comes
The beautiful game: Pelé, Didi and the origins of football’s most tiresome cliche

The term did not originate in football, however. Victorian newspapers described billiards, lacrosse and cricket as the “beautiful game” before association football was codified. In 1863, shortly after the formation of the Football Association, Bell’s Life in London published a letter from Rugby School stating that rugby, not football, was “the most beautiful game that science can produce”.

Early uses of the phrase with reference to football generally described a performance rather than the game itself, in the manner of “Aston Villa have played some beautiful games this season”, and “Wolstenholme played his customary beautiful game”. Its first application to describe the game as a whole is generally attributed to HE Bates, the author of Darling Buds Of May. Writing in the Sunday Times in 1952, in an article headlined Brains in the Feet, Bates explained his opinion that “football is the most beautiful game in the world”. “I think we sometimes forget, or take for granted, the unique beauty of this game,” he wrote. “It is the only game in the world played with the feet. In its simplicity it makes a mockery of all the complicated paraphernalia of golf, or even the sly and contradictory subtleties of cricket.”

Broadcaster Stuart Hall subsequently claimed to have been the first to call football “the beautiful game” in his BBC radio match reports, although he has of course since been discredited in various ways. But the pioneering football journalist Jimmy Catton had used the phrase long before Bates and Hall. Catton wrote about “the spread of such a beautiful game as association football” in the Athletic News in August 1913.

GAME
noun

An activity that one engages in for amusement or fun.

::FU::

53Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 00:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I save my passions for real life not on games.

Football isn't my religion, even if it is yours.

We know your passion is "correcting" everyone, but what is your religion? 

7th Day Pedantist, Church of Moron, Buddiknowbestism or Confusionisn?

54Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 00:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I save my passions for real life not on games.

Football isn't my religion, even if it is yours.

We know your passion is "correcting" everyone, but what is your religion? 

7th Day Pedantist, Church of Moron, Buddiknowbestism or Confusionisn?

It's The Laughter at Wanderlust's Bullshit.

Surprising how quickly it's grown - but then again you're the one who keeps on giving - and long may you do so!

Hallelujah, brother!

Amen.

:rofl:

55Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 09:19

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I see Man Utd beat Liverpool with two very late goals. Not that I care. It's only a game.
Good luck to those boys in the semi. Let's hope it's a great game and the best team win.
I hope that was tongue-in-cheek, Boncey.

No way could I ever set aside a lifelong distaste for Man U and everything it stands for?

P.S. Lady B and I met Stuart Hall once. Long before his fall from grace, he sat with us when we were having a pre-match meal in the Exec Club at Burnden. Neither of us took to him.

56Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 09:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote: Very Happy

Laughing

57Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 09:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I see Man Utd beat Liverpool with two very late goals. Not that I care. It's only a game.

No way could I ever set aside a lifelong distaste for Man U and everything it stands for?

P.S. Lady B and I met Stuart Hall once. Long before his fall from grace, he sat with us when we were having a pre-match meal in the Exec Club at Burnden. Neither of us took to him.

The nonce has downsized and renting an ex council house off friend apparently...

58Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 10:02

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:

The nonce has downsized and renting an ex council house off friend apparently...

When that story was written Super Ken was working wonders at BWFC. He'd got the ship off the rocks and it was sailing back into the Championship at the first attempt. I wonder where Super Ken is berthed now.

59Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 10:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
karlypants wrote:

When that story was written Super Ken was working wonders at BWFC. He'd got the ship off the rocks and it was sailing back into the Championship at the first attempt. I wonder where Super Ken is berthed now.

Would you have him back? Shocked

Back in November he was linked with Reading. Not a clue what he's up to now...

60Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 10:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Tongue in cheek indeed. I've had to keep my radio turned off so far today.
Radio Manure, or talkSPORT as it likes to be known, prattles on about them even at their low points, so a jammy cup win against Liverpool will no doubt open the floodgates.
I'm enjoying some old episodes of Just A Minute on Audible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum