Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman?

+3
Lofty_Love
Culcheth_White
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Empty Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Sat Dec 01 2012, 18:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Played for Bury today.

The point of interest though is that he was allowed to play in an FA Cup game, which rules him out for playing for us in that competition this season - usually a very good indicator that the player is not really wanted back by his club.

Obviously something is not right between the club and him.

Another Coyle master signing!

Thanks Owen.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just as soon as Dougie loaned Wylde out to the massive Bury, I guessed his days were numbered.

Wylde will be shipped out in January, with about another half dozen or so, thank god!

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hes 21, he won't be shipped out.

Give him a break, Joe Riley is the same age and is meant to be at Swindon but was told he wouldn't get a game and everyone on here seems to love him as a great future prospect.

Bury is a good place for Wylde to be right now imo. A good manager, and he should get a good crack at the first team. Its only the league below us now..

Im not saying Wylde is or will be a great player because I don't know, never seen him play, but anyone who has played almost 40 games for Rangers by the age of 21 can't be terrible.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Hes 21, he won't be shipped out.

Give him a break, Joe Riley is the same age and is meant to be at Swindon but was told he wouldn't get a game and everyone on here seems to love him as a great future prospect.

Bury is a good place for Wylde to be right now imo. A good manager, and he should get a good crack at the first team. Its only the league below us now..

Im not saying Wylde is or will be a great player because I don't know, never seen him play, but anyone who has played almost 40 games for Rangers by the age of 21 can't be terrible.

At 21 you're no longer a prospect, you're either good enough for the Championship or you're not.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

At 21 you're no longer a prospect, you're either good enough for the Championship or you're not.

Players reach their peak at 21 do they?

Hes young and cost us nothing at all.

Coyle clearly never though he was going to be a first team remember when he signed him since we only bid 100k before Rangers went bust. The mistake he made though was going on in the media that we couldn't get clearance for him, he was clearly never going to play him and was just making excuses. But it made fans think he was some kind of wonderkid we weren't being allowed to play when in fact he was just a free signing, with cheap wages and has potential.

The worst that could possibly happen is we sell him and we will make a profit, I can't really understand any complaining about this signing. Coyle may have left us with some duff/inexperienced players in other areas, but he didn't on the wing.

Hes clearly not going to be better than Eagles, Petrov or Chungy at 21.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen you say, no player is finished developing at 21.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

George Best played for Ireland at 17 ....Ronaldo, Pele and Messi .....seemed half decent players before being 21 ..... just saying.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:Hes 21, he won't be shipped out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:George Best played for Ireland at 17 ....Ronaldo, Pele and Messi .....seemed half decent players before being 21 ..... just saying.

what!? so Wylde won't be the next messi! shit signing...

Cantona was in Leeds reserves at 26...

10Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Empty Re: Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Sun Dec 02 2012, 12:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen you say, no player is finished developing at 21.

Where did I say he had finished developing?

My point is both Riley & Wylde are 21 years old, at this level with the awful team we have they would be playing week in, week out if any of the last three managers thought they were any good.

If a 21 year old right back isn't in front of Tyrone Mears in the pecking order he's never going to be good enough.

11Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Empty Re: Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Sun Dec 02 2012, 12:57

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Where did I say he had finished developing?

My point is both Riley & Wylde are 21 years old, at this level with the awful team we have they would be playing week in, week out if any of the last three managers thought they were any good.

If a 21 year old right back isn't in front of Tyrone Mears in the pecking order he's never going to be good enough.

Well you have just changed the person we were talking about..

Should Wylde be better than than Petrov, Eagles or Chungy? at 21?

Wilfred Zaha wouldn't start before Eagles.

Last edited by Lofty_Love on Sun Dec 02 2012, 13:00; edited 1 time in total

12Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Empty Re: Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Sun Dec 02 2012, 12:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

Well you have just changed the person we were talking about..

Should Wylde be better than than Petrov, Eagles or Chungy? at 21?

Eagles no, he's our best player. I don't rate Lee at all, waste of space in my opinion and Petrov struggles to even make the squad. So yes, if a 21 year old winger had potential he would be making the squad at least.

13Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Empty Re: Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Sun Dec 02 2012, 13:16

terenceanne wrote:George Best played for Ireland at 17 ....Ronaldo, Pele and Messi .....seemed half decent players before being 21 ..... just saying.

I know you're just saying, but that is completely irrelevant.

The fact some of the best players ever were good at 17 is great, but has no baring on Gregg Wylde and his development.

14Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Empty Re: Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Sun Dec 02 2012, 13:17

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Eagles no, he's our best player. I don't rate Lee at all, waste of space in my opinion and Petrov struggles to even make the squad. So yes, if a 21 year old winger had potential he would be making the squad at least.

Well I don't agree with your view on Chung and Petrov so I guess well never agree on this one.

Chung is one of our most creative players, and Petrov is very experienced and has put in some good performances.

Anyway my point wasn't that I think he will ever get in the first team, as I said I have no idea as ive never seen him play. My point is he can't possibly be a bad signing as there is no way in hell we will make a loss from his sale if he doesn't end up playing for us. And he wasn't never mean't to be put straight into the first team.

15Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Empty Re: Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Sun Dec 02 2012, 14:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Some might have a differnt view but I thought Lee was a disgrace when he came on yesterday, not an ounce of effort in him and didn't look the slightest bit interested.

16Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Empty Re: Greg Wylde not wanted by Freedman? Sun Dec 02 2012, 18:37

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

From being a regular in the Scottish Prem, at Rangers, he's now playing for Bury! Now I wonder why the Scottish Premier league is called a "pub league"!

If Wylde was that good, he would have attracted a far superior team than Bury!

From what I heard, we couldn't get a club to take Wylde off our hands, until the mighty Bury came along!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum