Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Debt: Is It Too Easy To Avoid Paying?

+10
rammywhite
Bernard Dennis Park
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
WhiteBic
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
summercummings
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Apologies for being a bit naive here- but I'm quite a recent poster on this site- and in lots of threads I see this mysterious person called 'Amos' being mentioned.
Can some one please tell me who he is- I haven't a clue at the minute.
Also- is he fair game for anyone to have a go at?

He's actually an ok guy, but he's told some stories in the past that have lead to some classic threads on various forums over the years.

Off the top of my head:

Shagged Natalie Imbruglia
Had to flee the UK due to unpaid debts
Father jailed for stealing money from the Council
Gave his only daughter to a South African dictator then met her by chance 20 years later in Milton Keynes
Various suicides and serious illnesses in his family

Bernard Dennis Park is his best friend, he can probably complete the list.

Is it true? Probably not, but highly amusing.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

@ Natasha - debts should be paid whenever possible. But sometimes one can have too much debt, sometimes of their not own accord - should as having a mortgage and a credit or two and then suddenly losing a job and income drops to the very bare minimum. That is not teh fault of the debtor and sometimes the only road for them is to go through various companies that help with reduced payments or IVA's or sometimes teh course would be being declared bankrupt which can lat from a period of 6 months to 6 years. Again not everything is clear cut - yes the old proverb does stand that one should only spend with what they have got.

I have sympathy for people who lose their jobs and can't pay the mortgage - but in most cases the bank takes the house back and flogs it (often at a profit), so no one other than the debtor loses out.

No, it's Directors I hate, the ones that know they are going under but still keep spending the cash knowing full well they won't have to pay any back. They should change the law so that the assets of any Director of a folded company can be sold to pay off the company debts. It's amazing how many people I meet that have just gone bust but are still living in mansions and driving fancy cars.

I can see where you are coming from, and it a point it does make sense. But the problem is a sole trader such Joe Bloggs trading as (or Joe Bloggs t/a...) this can happen whereas as a Limited company is treated as a different entity and as such treated like an separate individual. In this case the Director of the company is paid by the company and as such cannot be the debtor, just like rest of the staff cannot be treated as the debtor!!! Again this in the simplistic form...

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:He's a liar.

If I am a liar - why am I back in the UK, for the next few months working, living and renting......

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Apologies for being a bit naive here- but I'm quite a recent poster on this site- and in lots of threads I see this mysterious person called 'Amos' being mentioned.
Can some one please tell me who he is- I haven't a clue at the minute.
Also- is he fair game for anyone to have a go at?

He's actually an ok guy, but he's told some stories in the past that have lead to some classic threads on various forums over the years.

Off the top of my head:

Not quite, but I met a few of the Neighbours cast - but Natasha's quirky reasoning means because I met equals I shagged. I did, however date an Australian woman who was friends with a Neighbours actor.
Not quite. I left the UK due to gaining a job in The Netherlands, it was just handy than when moving to another country, one doesn't have to continue paying debts due to the differening financial laws in each of the EU countries! But I paid them off a couple of years ago and due to circumstances with current girlfriend currently back in the UK - although still working for the same company I was working for in The Netherlands for the last 15 months.
True but it wasn't Bolton Council. Long story and mentioned on a previous forum so no point repeating myself
Gave his only daughter to a South African dictator then met her by chance 20 years later in Milton Keynes
Factually incorrect on the most part. Wasn't a South African Dictator but my daughters grandparents (the then girlfriends parents) But its a hell of a long story which I won't go into, yet again! Highly regarded thread on BA - if its still there
various illnesses- only 3 which are noted on forums in the past[/b]

Must be joking - I'd rather see him get locked in Amsterdam's sleaziest gay place for the rest of his life and be used as a cum-dump for the gays of the world!

True but exaggerated by some to sound more US soapish than actually is.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love you Chris.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't forget the drink driving and wishing cancer on people.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 wrote:I'd rather see him get locked in Amsterdam's sleaziest gay place

Your bedroom? You pervert.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Don't forget the drink driving and wishing cancer on people.

You mean:
Conviction code: 1731
Date of Conviction: 10/2/2004
Offence Code: DR10 (driving under the influrnce)
Date of Offence: 5/2/2004
Fine £100
Disqualification Period: 9 months

Stays on driving licence for 11 years and the conviction stays on record until 11 years after death.

And the death threat was during the feuding period between Natasha and I, and it was only towards Natasha which has long beenn since resolved.

Now what about your drug-driving, Bernard?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I'd rather see him get locked in Amsterdam's sleaziest gay place

Your bedroom? You pervert.

You are the prevert for thinking that!!!

And anyway how can my bedroom be in Amsterdam when I have never lived in Amsterdam!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Oh and lets not forget you getting fired from your last job because someone reported your internet activities.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Oh and lets not forget you getting fired from your last job because someone reported your internet activities.

That is a complete lie, which you dreamt up because someone TRIED to get me fired but failed, as I had already handed in my resignation, and accepted a new job!!!

But funnily enopugh, it sound very simialr to what happend to Big-Sharps of late - someone reporting him to his company over his personal usage of the internet! You sure, it wasn't you, now that you brought it up?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Oh and lets not forget you getting fired from your last job because someone reported your internet activities.

And then his company gave him a fat pay off even though they had grounds to dismiss Shocked

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes because me and Sharps don't get on. You've got me there.

Didn't you think it was Sluffy in the end? I might still have the pm actually.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Oh and lets not forget the whole Jitka situation. Poor woman.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It probably was sluffy to be honest, or Aaron.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

And then his company gave him a fat pay off even though they had grounds to dismiss Shocked

In fact the way it turned out was good for me. I handed my notice in on 1 September 2011, I then came to the UK for a visit for 2 weeks. During that period 2 things happened at work:-
1. It was announced that most of the work was moving to London and that over a period of 18 months the size of the office would be reduced by 60%.
2. Someone tried to complain about me - but failed. I know it failed because I was told what had happened and the person went through the wrong departments. The person actually contacted London IT department and not HR!!!! the IT did a check and nothing out of the oprdinary was spotted and as such the claim was laid to rest!

As I was a well respected member of the 73 people who worked in teh office oit was decided that my resignation would be ignored but a great redundancy package was offered as I and 9 other were first pulled out of the hat. I didn't lose a days pay and I went straight from 1 job to another and I actually made money through redundancy.

But basically as I acted first, I unofficially resigned. BTW the number of people left in the Amsterdam office is now 28!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So the company was downsizing, but instead of accepting your resignation and not having to pay you a bean, they decided to offer you a brilliant redundancy package. Yes, I can imagine that happening in the real world.

lol!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The being well respected part made me laugh the most.

bwfc71 wrote:

Off the top of my head:

Not quite, but I met a few of the Neighbours cast - but Natasha's quirky reasoning means because I met equals I shagged. I did, however date an Australian woman who was friends with a Neighbours actor.
Not quite. I left the UK due to gaining a job in The Netherlands, it was just handy than when moving to another country, one doesn't have to continue paying debts due to the differening financial laws in each of the EU countries! But I paid them off a couple of years ago and due to circumstances with current girlfriend currently back in the UK - although still working for the same company I was working for in The Netherlands for the last 15 months.
True but it wasn't Bolton Council. Long story and mentioned on a previous forum so no point repeating myself
Factually incorrect on the most part. Wasn't a South African Dictator but my daughters grandparents (the then girlfriends parents) But its a hell of a long story which I won't go into, yet again! Highly regarded thread on BA - if its still there
various illnesses- only 3 which are noted on forums in the past[/b]

Must be joking - I'd rather see him get locked in Amsterdam's sleaziest gay place for the rest of his life and be used as a cum-dump for the gays of the world!

True but exaggerated by some to sound more US soapish than actually is.

[/quote]

Absolutely fucking hilarious! Your Dad's a criminal, you did a bunk to avoid paying your debts, you gave up your daughter, got sacked from your job, imagined shagging a soap star and made up various other things. This thread has made my day!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum