Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Burnley

+18
rammywhite
observer
jayjay23
gloswhite
Bolton Nuts
Mr Magoo
Tigermin
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
JonnyRandom
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 19:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fans want to see 100% effort, Eagles doesn't give it. He should be dropped for the Forest game.

62Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 19:29

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

People booing Eagles and cheering when he got subbed are wankers imo. He could do with being rested for a few games though. The same with the ironic cheers when Bogdan caught the ball. Fucking pricks.

Good result and a much needed three points though.

63Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 19:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These ponces are being paid huge amounts of cash and some of them can't even do the basics. They deserve booing - I have no doubt it worked today as we went on to win.

64Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 19:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:People booing Eagles and cheering when he got subbed are wankers imo. He could do with being rested for a few games though. The same with the ironic cheers when Bogdan caught the ball. Fucking pricks.

Good result and a much needed three points though.

:agree:

65Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 19:33

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's playing shit at the moment. He doesn't deserve abuse though because he's been our best player for most of this season. He definitely should be rested for a couple games now though.

66Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 19:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:He's playing shit at the moment. He doesn't deserve abuse though because he's been our best player for most of this season. He definitely should be rested for a couple games now though.

Of course he deserves abuse, he's playing like a tosser.

67Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 19:36

They don't deserve booing and it doesn't help anything, just embarrassing to hear to be honest. Some fans need to get a grip, absolutely pathetic.

On the plus side we got the result (just about) De Ridder looked good although he needs to work on his final ball, Dawson showed us what a competent center back plays like and Craig Davies looks useful.

Also thought Pratley and Spearing had good games, but we need a ball carrier in there to link up play a bit better too often in the first half Sordell and Eagles were getting the ball deep with their backs to goal and we'd go nowhere, looking forward to Mavies getting back in.

Thought Lee livened up second half too, good cross for Davies's header, he's one of our few creative players.

68Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 19:39

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Of course he deserves abuse, he's playing like a tosser.

Dean Holdsworth made a fucking career at Bolton doing that and you fucking love the twat.

69Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 19:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:They don't deserve booing and it doesn't help anything, just embarrassing to hear to be honest. Some fans need to get a grip, absolutely pathetic.

spot on.

70Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 20:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

Dean Holdsworth made a fucking career at Bolton doing that and you fucking love the twat.

But he gave 100% effort. That's the difference.

71Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 20:26

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Did he fuck. He obviously fooled you though.

72Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 20:58

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

JonnyRandom wrote:Eagles needs to be dropped. He was awful and hasnt played well for a while. De ridder looked really good and i was impressed with c davies when he come on. Hes strong and quick. Caused them so many problems when he came on

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Happy with the win, the game itself was mostly forgettable. Three points in the bag, roll on Forest away!

73Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 21:49

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nobody mentioned Dawson so far ..... I thought he did well for the first game....won every header..... Him & Wheater should do the job we need when the time comes.
People boo Eagles but at least he tries stuff IMO .....
Can't complain too much about the result today.
The midfield hasn't got much creativity for some reason. We looked a lot sharper when Boyo Davo and Ngog came on...... so based on that Doogie will drop them for the next game. Well a good day overall.

74Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 21:55

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think c davies and sordell upfront could be very dangerous and hope to see it at some point!

75Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 22:00

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:Do you think that we'll see 20,000 plus for this one?

Just short of 20,000 I've just noticed.

It was a shame to see the empty seats (understandable in the home ends) but I believe that we could have sold the rest of the upper tier.

I don't know if it's because Burnley didn't want to take more tickets or if Bolton didn't want to give more tickets to us. I would have thought that it was the former rather than the latter.

76Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 23:09

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We started badly, not terribly but no where near good enough. But I thought that by the end of the first half we were just about the better team. The pattern of play continued until they scored, we just didn't have enough attacking force up front, Chungy wasn't playing great, Eagles was poor, Sordell got no support, De Ridder however was impressive.

They didn't deserve to go ahead, and Bogdan messed up pretty much the only thing he had to do for the whole game. Obviously there were other factors, but Bogdan wasn't good enough there. We were unlucky to be down but it forced Dougie into making changes to help what had been the problem the whole game, the attack.

I get why De Ridder came off, would have left Sordell on and taken off Eagles myself but I don't agree with pantomime booing.

We then looked really dangerous, and Chungy finally showed why hes still an important player, setting up a great assist for C.Davies who finished fantastically (but headers don't count of course). Got lucky with N'gogs goal coming from the Spearing scuffed shot, but I thought we thoroughly deserved to win the game, we were the best team at every point after the initial 10 mins.

Things to take from the game:

- Dougies signings look great, Dawson, De Ridder and C.Davies were the 3 best players.

- The defense looked a lot stronger, they made almost no goal threat to us.

- Zat knight has no distribution ability, the one ground pass he tried to make forward he gave straight to them, his ariel clearances almost always go to the opposition. Wheater and Dawson will make us a hell of a lot stronger.

- C.Davies is what we need! hes a hard worker, looked like he really wanted it AND was enjoying it. Hes physical, fast, can head and judging from his past is good with his feet, almost got a second goal which was build from some great play.

- At home we should play 4-4-2, or at least have two strikers on, my vote would be C.Davies and Sordell.

- Time to give Lonergan a go.

- Lets not get too excited, Burnley didn't exactly play well, but they are near the top and to be honest a 2-0 victory to us wouldn't have been overly flattering.

77Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 23:27

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

'I get why De Ridder came off, would have left Sordell on and taken off Eagles'

Even though De Ridder did fade a bit in the second half I thought that your manager was right to take Sordell off. He was largely anonymous for much of the game, yes he may not have been given much service but I believe Austin would have had a field day with the balls that De Ridder was putting over.

I really don't think that it was a cunning move by Freedman to throw the three forwards on, more like he went for broke after being a goal down.

78Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sat Feb 09 2013, 23:34

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:'I get why De Ridder came off, would have left Sordell on and taken off Eagles'

Even though De Ridder did fade a bit in the second half I thought that your manager was right to take Sordell off. He was largely anonymous for much of the game, yes he may not have been given much service but I believe Austin would have had a field day with the balls that De Ridder was putting over.

I really don't think that it was a cunning move by Freedman to throw the three forwards on, more like he went for broke after being a goal down.

Yeah I agree that Sordell went missing. But hes done that before in games and still got a goal. When he gets a chance he finishes well, and Eagles had been poor all game, thats why Id have kept Sordell on.

But it worked out in the end so I can't complain Very Happy

79Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sun Feb 10 2013, 16:36

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I agree that Doogie threw subs on in desperation not because of tactical skills..... we always seem to play better when subs come on.....so why not start the game that way?
You have to wonder about football managers ..... It's beyond me most of the time how they come to decisions. What seems to make sense to the average fan takes the so-called professionals weeks or months or never to implement.

80Bolton 2-1 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Burnley Sun Feb 10 2013, 16:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The classic we win in spite of him, we lose because of him line.

:facepalm:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum