Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will We Come Good?

+20
Swintonwhite89
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
Jamster26
Triumph
Leeds_Trotter
Sgt. Bash
JonnyRandom
Tigermin
Bernard Dennis Park
NickFazer
scottjames30
observer
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Norpig
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Will we come good?

Will We Come Good? Vote_lcap59%Will We Come Good? Vote_rcap 59% [ 16 ]
Will We Come Good? Vote_lcap41%Will We Come Good? Vote_rcap 41% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Will We Come Good? Empty Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After last weeks victory over Burnley I'd actually had a bit of hope for the future. Foolish I know, but there you go.

But after witnessing our performance yesterday it really is as clear as day - we aren't very good. For all Dougie's big talk, for all the reputations of some players, for all the money spent - we really are a poor team. It's as if they don't train together.

Down the years we've had teams with individually worse players, but I don't think I've ever seen a squad of players so pisspoor together. Thinking about it, have we actually played well this season? We definitely haven't played anyone off the park, but I can't even remember a decent performance. Perhaps Cardiff at home maybe?

What do you think? Do you have any hope? Can we make the play-offs? If not, will we storm the league next season?

I can't see it.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Mon Feb 18 2013, 13:10; edited 1 time in total

2Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:09

There's always hope Natasha. We're not good enough right now but if DF can keep the majority of these players together, get Holden & Wheater fit, add one or two in the Summer I really feel we'll be where Cardiff are this time next year.

3Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I have hope but I have all but ruled out a play off spot this season, however I have hope we can do the business next season.....don't ask me why I just do.

But DF has to stop being a negative fucker away from home, the players were like a bunch of strangers with each other yesterday.

4Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're better than we were at the beginning of the season . I do think we overestimate the ability of some of our players and at the same time underestimate the quality of other teams, but even so we're slowly turning it around and heading in the right direction. I'm not sure if the pace of change can be accelerated although I hope that with a few minor tweaks we could be a force in this division. I think we'll come good but when that happens is open to question.

5Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we have no chance of play-offs this season but if DF can wheel and deal in the summer and we can keep the likes of Holden and Mavies we should be a lot better next season.

When DF went to Palace they were near the bottom, he kept them up and they have looked a good side this season so i see no reason why he can't do it again.

We have some good attacking options, we need to tighten up the defence but there are signs of this happening already so yes i am cautiously optimistic that next season will see an improvement

6Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well after yesterdays result we find ourselves 12 points from the play offs but with a game in hand (which is the Peterborough game).

7Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Statistically we still have a chance ..... that's about all.
A sensible approach is to put us down to lose all our away games and win our home games ...the draws will average out. I can't be arsed to calculate it but then see how many points that works out to.
On a side note should we pull off a miracle just imagine what Utd, City and the like will do to this lot ..... I don't want to be the laughing stock of the Prem.

8Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm honestly not fussed about "making the playoffs."

clearly we're well off the pace, and with a new manager who's still tinkering it's unlikely.

so I just don't worry about it.

9Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:55

Will you come good? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

10Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:57

If we were to win at Derby we'd still have a slight chance of the play-offs - after Derby 4 of the next 5 games are at home - and the away game is at Barnsley. All winnable.

11Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I would like to see us push for the playoffs, just because it means we've son something, although the chances of that are negligible. Imagine the chaos that would ensue if we actually got into the playoff, and more so if we got promoted.

12Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:46

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Owen Owen Owen wrote:If we were to win at Derby we'd still have a slight chance of the play-offs - after Derby 4 of the next 5 games are at home - and the away game is at Barnsley. All winnable.
Win the next 5 and DF will be forgiven by the fans. Still like what he has done during the transfer window... only wish that he played Medo, Sordell and Ngog/CDavis upfront. Wish we had a way to get Knight on the bench and I'm still not convinced that Bogdan won't parry the ball into oncoming strikers. A lot to wish for but yes, doable... and maybe Nat will be wrong about DF. Only time will tell... and it's too early to call for his head. Nat is totally correct that he is acting too much like OC and sticking to his Plan A... which by the way does not work. We have the players... we need them to be inspired and to work harder.

13Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we will come good again, but in a couple of years when all the soft arse shitbags get out of our club.

CD, looks a handful and if DF can offload the overpaid tossers, then bring in more CD type players we will be a good team again.

Wheater must be due back soon FFS ?

DF will prove how good he is in the summer, then we will see a different team at the start of next season.

14Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:56

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There needs to be improvement in what remains of this season, if we finish strongly then we can build on that. I think the play offs have been out of reach since the Watford game but we need to get in the top 10 at least.

15Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 17:59

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scottjames30 wrote:Wheater must be due back soon FFS ?

On the bench yesterday.

16Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:then bring in more CD type players we will be a good team again.

I'm not sure cross-dressers are the answer.

17Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:then bring in more CD type players we will be a good team again.

I'm not sure cross-dressers are the answer.

Ronaldo's a cross-dresser. affraid

18Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:23

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

SKD up front on his own with no back up against a team we should thrash,no we wont come good. If he starts again next week I will walk out before kick off and post my season ticket back to the club.

19Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:SKD up front on his own with no back up against a team we should thrash,no we wont come good. If he starts again next week I will walk out before kick off and post my season ticket back to the club.

He won't start with SKD up on his own.

He wouldn't , would he ?

20Will We Come Good? Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:49

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There is no such thing as a "Winnable" game for us. Have we dominated anybody for a complete game yet in this division? We made Barnsely look like Barca at home.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum