Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will We Come Good?

+20
Swintonwhite89
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
Jamster26
Triumph
Leeds_Trotter
Sgt. Bash
JonnyRandom
Tigermin
Bernard Dennis Park
NickFazer
scottjames30
observer
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Norpig
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Will we come good?

Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Vote_lcap59%Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 59% [ 16 ]
Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Vote_lcap41%Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 41% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Mon Feb 18 2013, 15:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

By "come good" I interpreted it as meaning either get to a play off spot or get near this season. I am not expecting promotion this season, but assuming we come good this season I will be expecting it next season

42Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Mon Feb 18 2013, 15:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

some peoples expectations are laughable.

43Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Mon Feb 18 2013, 15:56

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I agree with Boon. We need to come good next season as there will be soom serious pressure to get us back in the prem. We have a good squad and I think with another transfer window DF will make his mark on the team. With a bit of luck we will be in the play offs next time around. I just can't believe we have failed to get back to back wins this season! Truely appauling form.

44Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Mon Feb 18 2013, 15:59

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah, that is really quite incredible how we've not managed that. We truly are one of a kind.

45Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Mon Feb 18 2013, 16:06

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this season is a shock for some of the players tbh, in this league they are right in your face battling for points,

Next season with a good pre season we could be up there, heart, guts and skill are what we need for next season.

COYWM, you fucking owe it us!

46Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Mon Feb 18 2013, 16:37

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When you have a player of Zaha's pace and technique, you can get away with the system that Dougie favours. You can put men behind the ball, pass it round, frustrate the opposition, and he'd do the rest. We don't have that at Bolton, so to date, we've been left with a tremendously dull and generally ineffectual brand of football. Additionally, I find Dougie's general judgement to be bizarre. Saturday's selection was just unforgivable. Even I didn't think he'd be stupid enough to bring KD back into the side.

There's three clubs like us in every Championship season. They expect to go straight back up, and when they don't, they find themselves saying "well it's gotta be next season" for years and years. Some even drop down yet another division. Considering how often this happens, there's every chance we won't be a PL club again for many years to come.

47Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Mon Feb 18 2013, 16:43

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Craig Davies could do the role that Zaha does if given the chance. He's certainly mobile and strong enough to be the one man up top.

48Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Mon Feb 18 2013, 16:53

Zaha plays on the wing, Glenn Murray was always the one up top.

49Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Mon Feb 18 2013, 16:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The players we have are just not that good and it's time the fans realised it. They are OK and under DF they've found a way to survive in this League so far, but we are still some considerable distance from playing like a team that will do really well. That will hopefully change, but I wouldn't expect too much from this lot for the time being.

50Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Mon Feb 18 2013, 16:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"will we come good" simple answer is no.

Not this season atleast

51Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Mon Feb 18 2013, 16:56

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Absolutely. There's a reason we were relegated from the Premier League.

52Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:41

This was posted by a Palace fan on another forum, thought it was quite interesting. Hope he's proved right

exhibitionist (Crystal Palace): Interesting reading on your boss - haven't seen you lot much but there are definite grounds for otimism, DF is unusually bright for a football man, personable yet ruthless, and he is a serious student of the game - has spent a lot of time developing his coaching approach in Italy. The start of our season apart, when injuries and brinkmanship in the transfer window meant we had an unbalanced and weak squad, the transformation DF made in our play was amazing - there was loads of criticism for him not bringing in creative players and being inflexible, insisting on superhuman fitness levels etc... then it all clicked and a few minor adjustments to the playing staff, combined with superior form and fitness of the players already there, and a balanced side with a system that suited it perfectly based on solidity in defence and midfield and pace and flexibility in attack, and we were a different team. If you lot finish in sub mid table this season there should be some tasty each way odds for you next season - I like Ollie but from what I've seen Doogie will be the better manager - just don't be too surprised when you're flying next season and Everton, Villa or someone similar come knocking.

53Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Thu Feb 21 2013, 17:12

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sounds about right from what we've heard from Dougie ourselves. He likes his teams to be well organised and fit. I'm positive next season, we'll be up near the top of the league.

54Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Fri Feb 22 2013, 11:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So give him time then.

55Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Fri Feb 22 2013, 12:36

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jamster26 wrote:Sounds about right from what we've heard from Dougie ourselves. He likes his teams to be well organised and fit. I'm positive next season, we'll be up near the top of the league.

Next season, I will expect no excuses - less than ripping the league a new arsehole and gaining promotion will be regarded as total failure that Freedman must pay for with his job.

his remit next season would be - premier league or sacked...

56Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Fri Feb 22 2013, 12:42

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Next season, I will expect no excuses - less than ripping the league a new arsehole and gaining promotion will be regarded as total failure that Freedman must pay for with his job.

his remit next season would be - premier league or sacked...

Why? How could you be disappointed with second place?

There isn't one single factor about us that means we should be ripping this league up next season. We don't have a huge transfer budget, we are cutting down our wage bill and we have a lot of average players.

Anything above sixth next season will be a success.

57Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Fri Feb 22 2013, 14:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

03/04

Leeds - Still no return
Leicester - Still no return
Wolves - Four years

04/05

Crystal Palace - Still no return
Norwich - Six years
Southampton - Seven years

05/06

Sunderland - One year
Birmingham - One year
West Brom - Two years

06/07

Watford - Still no return
Charlton Athletic - Still no return
Sheffield United - Still no return

07/08

Reading - Four years
Birmingham - One year
Derby - Still no return

08/09

Newcastle - One year
West Brom - One year
Middlesbrough - Still no return

09/10

Burnley - Still no return
Hull - Still no return
Portsmouth - Still no return

It takes the average relegated PL club years to get back up, which is worrying because anything other than a short stay outside of the Prem seems unimaginable to a lot of fans. I'm not saying this should factor in terms of expectation levels necessarily, but we have to drop the assumption that promotion can only ever be round the corner. We could well be here for the long haul.

58Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Fri Feb 22 2013, 14:30

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Was it 3 seasons last time we went down? And 1 the time before.

Before that we ended up going all the way down to the 4th division before we returned.

So who knows how long it will take.

We'll be back one day though.

59Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Fri Feb 22 2013, 14:40

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

At the start of the season, Our squad was looking like the best in the league by a mile, 90% of our fans expected us to murder any team put in front of us - the club failed, the level of expectation next season will be the same as the start of this one. what changed?

first of all the fans where saying we will win the league.
then it was 'we can make the play-offs'
now its maybe top 12
soon the fucking fans will be celebrating staying up.

what changed? what changed in the level of expectation from the start - the level is going down, mines not - I expect promotion, end of.

Almost all championship clubs with the wherewithal to do so - the remit of the manager is promotion, either through the play offs or directly.

60Will We Come Good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will We Come Good? Fri Feb 22 2013, 15:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:At the start of the season, Our squad was looking like the best in the league by a mile, 90% of our fans expected us to murder any team put in front of us - the club failed, the level of expectation next season will be the same as the start of this one. what changed?

first of all the fans where saying we will win the league.
then it was 'we can make the play-offs'
now its maybe top 12
soon the fucking fans will be celebrating staying up.

what changed? what changed in the level of expectation from the start - the level is going down, mines not - I expect promotion, end of.

Almost all championship clubs with the wherewithal to do so - the remit of the manager is promotion, either through the play offs or directly.

The only people that said that our squad looked good for promotion was the media - and half of them made their minds up before we released 15 players. Totally setting up OC for a fall - which duly happened. Most of the media know sweet FA about Bolton and still think of us in terms of a "hard-to-beat" long ball team and never gave us recognition for the good passing football we played even when we had the likes of Djorkieff, Anelka and Okocha gracing our ground - so they know nothing. Most fans turned a blind eye to the long overdue outflux of players, the decimation of the wage bill and the need to start again - because it's a lot more comfortable to avoid confronting the facts. Had they been paying attention to what was really happening, they wouldn't be so disappointed with our position and would be a lot more patient with our managers as we start over with a bunch of kids, no budget and a championship standard squad. We have to give the manager whatever time it takes to rebuild - and support the team throughout instead of bickering and trying to undermine the process with undue pressure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum