Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holden Injured - VIDEO

+14
Lbj
JonnyRandom
Sluffy
Jamster26
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Triumph
Norpig
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
observer
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 12:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Douglas out.

22Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 16:14

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

When will the curse end?

23Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 16:23

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think stu is actually cursed, I blame him for our demise, we have only gone backward since he joined

24Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 16:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Nothing to do with Coyle, Megson and Sammy Lee then? Shocked 

25Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 16:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No. It's definitely stu holdens curse

26Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 18:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

27Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Torn his anterior cruciate ligament.

Such a shame, time to hang up his boots I think

28Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Following a scan the club can announce that Stuart Holden has been diagnosed with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

29Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Boggersbelief wrote:Torn his anterior cruciate ligament.

Such a shame, time to hang up his boots I think

Christ that sounds bad, how long does that usually keep players out for?

30Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:23

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He wont play again now

31Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the very least the whole season

32Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:24

Lbj

Lbj
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

A year
So hes going to be paid for a year. For nothing
Know its not his fault, but that could pay for Spearing.
Weve got to think Short term to get out of this league. Could just have not paid Stu, helped him recover though, and then if he proved his fitness, offer him a deal, but now we're paying, 25k? A week, while he cant do anything!
Really feel for the lad, because hes such a nice fella, but its pissing money away.

33Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's just tweeted - @stuholden: I will rise again! Big love and thanks to all the @officialbwfc and @ussoccer supporters

34Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:30

Lbj

Lbj
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Its painful, weve seen our midfield decimated in the past 2 years, first Muamba, now Stu, and Mavies is made of glass! So we have to put up with Keith Andrews! Talk about bad luck.

35Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll be out for 6 months at the very least.

Surely the board will stump up the cash for spearing, also saw that mark Davies will be back before christmas! Just trying to think of some positives

36Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:38

Lbj

Lbj
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Still leaves us with Pratley, Medo, Gregus, Vela and Andrews for centre mid, best prospect weve got is Luke Woodland and hes the same as Mavies. If we dont get Spearing, its not looking pretty.

37Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Mon Jul 29 2013, 23:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Midfield of hall - medo - pratley - chungy will have to do for now.

We need a creative midfielder desperately

38Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 06:25

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lbj wrote:A year
So hes going to be paid for a year. For nothing
Know its not his fault, but that could pay for Spearing.
Weve got to think Short term to get out of this league. Could just have not paid Stu, helped him recover though, and then if he proved his fitness, offer him a deal, but now we're paying, 25k? A week, while he cant do anything!
Really feel for the lad, because hes such a nice fella, but its pissing money away.

Players are insured against serious injury- so we'll only be paying part of his wages and an insurance company will be paying a large proportion -so it's not quite as bad as it sounds(financially at least).
But I reckon that's his playing days over. Too many surgical intrusions means his knees will be cut to shreds.

39Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 06:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor lad. My youngest got ACL damage last year playing rugby and he's still easing himself back into sport. I reckon that on top of Stuey's previous injuries it might just be a step too far for him now.

I can't think of a more compelling case to move heaven and earth to get Jay back now. Sadly Liverpool will know it and are not reknowned for doing us any favours. Nonetheless I imagine that the club are on the case since Stuey's injury even though we haven't got a pot to piss in.

40Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 07:47

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well, I had my doubts that this was going to be just a minor injury, especially with Holden's history with serious knee injuries. 

Jurgen Klinsmann is obviously not medically qualified, but no doubt he's seen this type of injury many times over his playing and managerial career.

Holden won't be playing for us again, unfortunately, we can pretty much right off this season now, by the time he's so called fully recovered.

It's a pity the club didn't wait until they had the results of his MRI scan, before giving Holden another 12 month deal. Harsh I know. As another poster mentioned, Holden's salary could have been used for Spearing. More money wasted, which we can't afford to lose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum