Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holden Injured - VIDEO

+14
Lbj
JonnyRandom
Sluffy
Jamster26
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Triumph
Norpig
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
observer
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 4 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue 30 Jul - 14:06

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:Good point that Sluffy, I'd imagine we would need around £1 million in compensation to cover Holden's salary, providing he has signed a new 12 month deal.

Really be surprised if the club was paying him £20,000 a week whilst his fitness was still so questionable?
I'm not sure tbh, I have read somewhere recently that Holden was going to be signing his new 12 month deal on the same terms as previously, which I believe was around £25k a week. I hope this isn't true, btw.

62Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 4 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue 30 Jul - 14:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's 28 on Thursday, will be close to 29 when he return, I'll give him one last chance.

63Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 4 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue 30 Jul - 14:07

aaron_bwfc wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:Good point that Sluffy, I'd imagine we would need around £1 million in compensation to cover Holden's salary, providing he has signed a new 12 month deal.

Really be surprised if the club was paying him £20,000 a week whilst his fitness was still so questionable?

I wouldn't, how much was sean davis on, he never kicked a ball when he was with us.

True but Sean Davis never renewed a contract, he was signed whilst he was perfectly fit he and us got really unlucky with that because he was a decent player.

Holden hadn't played in 2 years, clubs were never going to be rushing to sign him up, so  surely the club didn't offer him £20,000 a week. A good contract from our POV would have been on a small wage initially, with clauses for extensions and a pay rise should he play a certain number of games.

Obviously this is the club that's paying Matt Mills and Keith Andrews a combined £45,000 a week so there's every chance you're right.

64Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 4 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue 30 Jul - 14:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be stunned if the contract wasn't incentivised based on number of games.

65Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 4 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue 30 Jul - 14:17

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I seem to remember a few years ago clubs making a fuss about players injured on international duty. At the time I think the fuss was about lack on insurance cover taken out by African countries and some other small fish.
I suspect that the USA may not come in to this category. The USA is a land where litigation is a way of life and bearing in mind the private healthcare system over there I'm sure all of their squad will be adequately covered Indemnifying the parent clubs - I hope!

66Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 4 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue 30 Jul - 14:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:It's just typical that this injury curse happens to our best player, if it was Keith Andrews no one would give a shit.

Steady, he hasn't been our best player for about 3 years.

67Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 4 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue 30 Jul - 14:23

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hes always been our best player, regardless of injury

68Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 4 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue 30 Jul - 14:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:It's just typical that this injury curse happens to our best player, if it was Keith Andrews no one would give a shit.

Steady, he hasn't been our best player for about 3 years.

True, but he was our player with the most untapped potential in many respects. I guess we have to be philosophical about it and chalk it down to another "what might have been" if we'd got the best out of him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum