Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holden Injured - VIDEO

+14
Lbj
JonnyRandom
Sluffy
Jamster26
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Triumph
Norpig
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
observer
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 08:01

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:
Lbj wrote:A year
So hes going to be paid for a year. For nothing
Know its not his fault, but that could pay for Spearing.
Weve got to think Short term to get out of this league. Could just have not paid Stu, helped him recover though, and then if he proved his fitness, offer him a deal, but now we're paying, 25k? A week, while he cant do anything!
Really feel for the lad, because hes such a nice fella, but its pissing money away.

Players are insured against serious injury- so we'll only be paying part of his wages and an insurance company will be paying a large proportion -so it's not quite as bad as it sounds(financially at least).
But I reckon that's his playing days over. Too many surgical intrusions means his knees will be cut to shreds.
It would take a brave insurance company to insure Holden before his latest injury. I hope your right, but I'm not too sure.

42Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 08:06

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Out for a season at least. :-(

43Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 08:49

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We're due abit of luck...

44Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Gutted for the lad, this guarantees us never seeing him play alongside Mavies again.

45Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Am I missing something here, when did Holden get his new contract?

46Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:33

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We have needed another midfielder for ages even before this Holden mess. Still need a bloke to put his foot on the ball and ease the pressure on the defense.
Holden will be 28 when he comes back .....Mark Davo can't string two games together without getting injured......  We are stuck with both I'm afraid....and we can't afford it...but there you have it.

47Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:Am I missing something here, when did Holden get his new contract?

I don't think he has, I am sure the messages coming out of the club whilst he was at this competition was it was verbally agreed but hadn't actually signed until he got back from america.

48Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

I don't think he has, I am sure the messages coming out of the club whilst he was at this competition was it was verbally agreed but hadn't actually signed until he got back from america.

Surely the club aren't going to honour it?

49Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:41

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No choice now.

50Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:42

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You never know but I would be shocked if they still let him sign it now.

Gartside and the board want fucking shooting if he is allowed to sign it.

51Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was under the impression that Dougie confirmed he had signed a contract during the fans forum

52Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I was under the impression that Dougie confirmed he had signed a contract during the fans forum
+1

Also he knackered himself on international duty so I would think the US footy authority's insurance would pay a chunk of money towards Holdens wages whilst he can't play for us.

53Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 12:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll still be rehabbing when this contract is up.

54Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 12:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's pure madness that he wasn't put a pay-as-you-play contract.

Is it any wonder we're £135m in debt?

55Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 12:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe he was?

No one knows the contract details.

56Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 13:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think his contract was renewed before he went away - seem to remember something about a 1 year extension - which seemed perfectly logical at the time as Stuey was well on the way to recovery after his stint out on loan.
It would have been madness to not renew his contract or to give him a lengthy contract, so a year seemed reasonable. As to the specific terms: they come down to what is realistically negotiable as opposed to what Seething in Preston would have liked in her imaginary and unrelentingly negative world.

57Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 13:39

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:I was under the impression that Dougie confirmed he had signed a contract during the fans forum
+1

Also he knackered himself on international duty so I would think the US footy authority's insurance would pay a chunk of money towards Holdens wages whilst he can't play for us.
Good point that Sluffy, I'd imagine we would need around £1 million in compensation to cover Holden's salary, providing he has signed a new 12 month deal.

58Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 13:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's just typical that this injury curse happens to our best player, if it was Keith Andrews no one would give a shit.

59Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 13:58

Culcheth_White wrote:Good point that Sluffy, I'd imagine we would need around £1 million in compensation to cover Holden's salary, providing he has signed a new 12 month deal.

Really be surprised if the club was paying him £20,000 a week whilst his fitness was still so questionable?

60Holden Injured - VIDEO - Page 3 Empty Re: Holden Injured - VIDEO Tue Jul 30 2013, 14:00

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

bwfc1874 wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:Good point that Sluffy, I'd imagine we would need around £1 million in compensation to cover Holden's salary, providing he has signed a new 12 month deal.

Really be surprised if the club was paying him £20,000 a week whilst his fitness was still so questionable?

I wouldn't, how much was sean davis on, he never kicked a ball when he was with us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum