Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Freedman start with Beckford on saturday ( Burnley A).

+7
wanderlust
Barryjw
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
scottjames30
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Will he start on the pitch, or the bench.

Will Freedman start with Beckford on saturday ( Burnley A). - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Will Freedman start with Beckford on saturday ( Burnley A). - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]
Will Freedman start with Beckford on saturday ( Burnley A). - Page 2 Vote_lcap90%Will Freedman start with Beckford on saturday ( Burnley A). - Page 2 Vote_rcap 90% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:I think it's great that he gave Lee a month extra off, then says "he isn't were I want him to be fitness wise".

Ha ha, it's very Coyle-esque.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I would like to see Ngog upfront on his own

The aim of football is to score goals. Please stop WUMing.

I can't even remember the last time we had genuine pace on the wings, Hall offers that Im excited to see how he does. Hall will be a decent signing I reckon.

What team would you select?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What formation did we play there last season with Coyle ?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I would like to see Ngog upfront on his own

The aim of football is to score goals. Please stop WUMing.

This is ngogs season, this Is when he goes from boy to man.

We will all be calling him n'goal by Christmas

Boggersbelief wrote:I would like to see Ngog upfront on his own but Sordell has looked lively so it will be him.

Bogdan 
Bap - knight - wheater - tierney
Hall - medo - pratley - lester/odelusi
Eagles 
Sordell

That is a team that will shit on the rednecks.

Good team, mine's quite close to that but I'd put N'gog in for Eagles and Eagles on the left now we know Lee's not fit enough.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's a good shout actually. Although I think Dougie will give lester and odelusi a chance

scottjames30 wrote:What formation did we play there last season with Coyle ?

4-4-2 with Sordell and Kevin Davies up front.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Although he has time to develop i've not been impressed by what i've seen from Odelusi yet.
Interesting nothing has been seen of O'Halloran, surprised he's still at the club. Not impressed with him either.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:What team would you select?

If I had to pick from the shite available today it would have to be:

Lonergan

White Baptiste Wheater Tierney

Lee Medo Andrews Eagles

Sordell Beckford

But if I was manager (as I should be) I'd make sure I had a central defender and central midfielder signed by the weekend to replace Wheater & Andrews.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who would you have bought?

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:What team would you select?

If I had to pick from the shite available today it would have to be:

Lonergan

White  Baptiste  Wheater  Tierney

Lee  Medo  Andrews  Eagles

Sordell  Beckford

But if I was manager (as I should be) I'd make sure I had a central defender and central midfielder signed by the weekend to replace Wheater & Andrews.

As the Moritz signing was cancelled and it's been quiet for a while, I think it's reasonably safe to assume there's no money/budget left until players are moved out. Every fan wants Andrews/Mears/Mills replaced, finding someone to take them is another matter.

Anyway I'd play Pratley over Andrews and N'gog behind Sordell but otherwise I'd be willing to experiment with the backline you suggest.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Who would you have bought?

Fuck knows, I'm not a scout.

But if I was manager of a football club I'd be out every night watching players, and so would my scouts.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Anyway I'd play Pratley over Andrews and N'gog behind Sordell but otherwise I'd be willing to experiment with the backline you suggest.

The trouble is Doogie clearly rates Knight, you don't make a reserve player your captain.

Incredible.

Only two people in the world rate Zat Knight, unfortunately they've both been managers of BWFC.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Who would you have bought?

Fuck knows, I'm not a scout.

But if I was manager of a football club I'd be out every night watching players, and so would my scouts.

True. We must be the only club where the manager and scouts don't watch any football.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

True. We must be the only club where the manager and scouts don't watch any football.

It's not just about watching players, it's about being able to convince them BWFC was the best place for them.

Can you imagine Doogie trying to tempt you to sign for him?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i don't know for sure but if what you're suggesting is true surely we'd be having countless deals go astray time and time again a la Crystal Palace this summer.

He's convinced some good players to come here, well respected players who've had other offers and some like Medo who most thought we had no chance with.

so i think that allegation is nonsense really.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well i don't know for sure but if what you're suggesting is true surely we'd be having countless deals go astray time and time again a la Crystal Palace this summer.

He's convinced some good players to come here, well respected players who've had other offers and some like Medo who most thought we had no chance with.

so i think that allegation is nonsense really.

No one else was in for Medo. Time will tell whether there was a reason for it.

Do you agree or disagree that the defence looks crap?

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's not just about watching players, it's about being able to convince them BWFC was the best place for them.

This is drivel, even by your standards. Beckford (the signing you've been most pleased with) said the manager was one of the main reasons he came, taking a big wage cut in the process it should be added.

Baptiste had premier league interest, Kamara's premier league quality and all the youngsters who've relocated on the strength of Dougie selling the club to them.

He's done an excellent job of convincing players to come to us, and to although we're still lacking I don't think this has been a bad transfer window by any means. Add a centre back (and a centre mid if Holden's injured) and I think we've done well.

Finances stopping more signings is the only thing we have any evidence of.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

It's not just about watching players, it's about being able to convince them BWFC was the best place for them.

How Dougie convinced Beckford that he'd actually get game time and quality service is beyond me, so he must have some fancy patter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum