Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should we Holdon to Holden?

+15
JAH
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Sluffy
Lbj
NickFazer
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 14:46

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Excuse the pun I couldn't resist. Anyway like the title says should we keep hold of Holden, or is it time to part ways?

We could try and see if Holden will agree some sort of Mutal Termination for the club and pay him off and use the freed up wage budget on getting someone else in.

We could release him on a free and pay off all his wages and again use the freed up wage budget on getting someone else in.

Or we could keep hold of him for another year since he has just signed a new one year deal and let him go after that.

Or we can keep on helping him and one day hope he will get back into the white shirt and be the player he once was.

2Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 14:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Give him one more chance, I think if he gets injured again he'll retire anyway

3Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 14:53

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:Give him one more chance, I think if he gets injured again he'll retire anyway

Is it worth paying up all his wages again just for him to do a Sean Davis?

4Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 14:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I stated a while ago that I doubted he'd ever get back to his best whilst hoping he did. Time to wave bye bye I think. Sad but he won't be the first sportsman to have a promising career fucked up by injury!

5Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 14:56

Waving goodbye will involve paying out his contract anyway, it's six of one half a dozen of the other. He'd be mad to agree to a mutual termination when it's probably the last contract he'll get.

6Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 14:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's utter mental that he wasn't cut loose at the end of last season.

7Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 15:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I  Would like to know how a young, extremely fit sportsman can be injured so often.

8Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 15:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

would we get an insurance payment if he ends up having to retire? His premiums must be higher than a boy racers.

9Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 15:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If the money works out right to just do a mutual termination then let him go, IF he gets back from this injury which is very doubtful then he will be 29 going onto 30.

Sorry, he's nice bloke but time to cut our ties with Stuey.

10Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 15:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was given a one year contract as it was a gamble to see if he makes it back. Any club that would be interested in him would face the same gamble, so he won't command a fee. If it costs nothing to keep him (and it shouldn't assuming the cover is adequate) then it would be stupid to get rid.
If he doesn't make the grade, we've lost nothing.
If he does, we have a player who is potentially a match winner with no transfer fee and who will probably have a loyalty to BWFC running through his veins.
Keep - it's a can't lose situation.

11Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 15:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope he thinks (if thats his thing) about starting his coaching badges.

He seems like a very popular lad here and on the national team so I hope something works out for him.

Fingers crossed he can get back to playing but it looks like a very long road now.

12Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 15:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I hope he thinks (if thats his thing) about starting his coaching badges.

He seems like a very popular lad here and on the national team so I hope something works out for him.

Fingers crossed he can get back to playing but it looks like a very long road now.

That's a bonus of keeping him too - we get a free club ambassador and motivator for the youngsters Dougie is bringing on.

13Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 16:45

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I had serious doubts before Holden's latest serious injury, that he would ever get back to being the old Stuart Holden that we had previously. Two years out of the game, not many players ever get back after that amount of time with injury. The Championship is such a physical and demanding league as well.

After this latest setback, it will be 3 years out of the game and counting. It's really looking a very bleak future for Holden, playing wise.

If he does manage to get back to some kind of fitness, I would only risk having him at the club on a "pay as you play" contract.

14Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 16:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:I had serious doubts before Holden's latest serious injury, that he would ever get back to being the old Stuart Holden that we had previously. Two years out of the game, not many players ever get back after that amount of time with injury. The Championship is such a physical and demanding league as well.

After this latest setback, it will be 3 years out of the game and counting. It's really looking a very bleak future for Holden, playing wise.

If he does manage to get back to some kind of fitness, I would only risk having him at the club on a "pay as you play" contract.

As always, market forces will prevail. Basically if he looks anything like the player he was the club would have to take a view, especially if other clubs showed interest.

15Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 18:38

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There isn't any hurry to do anything right now, need to wait until the injury settles and then decide. Personally if it looks like another season out then as far as we are concerned it should be goodbye.

16Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 22:03

Lbj

Lbj
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

That contract cant of been signed with him in america, i thought it was just a gentlemans agreement?

17Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 22:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Signed before he left for the USA apparently according to our manager last night.

18Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Tue Jul 30 2013, 22:17

Lbj

Lbj
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

In that case I understand. One year is a small risk, he could have gone, had an amazing tournament and we lose him on a free.

19Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 01:15

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sorry to say Probably Stu & Mark Davo should be shown the door at this point.  Neither will ever get back to form .... and a full season out of either is not a good bet.  I like both players....if fact our best midfielders...but no use to us.

20Should we Holdon to Holden? Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 01:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to The Sun. USA will pay Holden's wages while he's injured and this will free up some money for Dougie to recruit Jay Spearing! A bit of good news, hope it's true. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum