Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should we Holdon to Holden?

+15
JAH
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Sluffy
Lbj
NickFazer
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 07:00

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:According to The Sun. USA will pay Holden's wages while he's injured and this will free up some money for Dougie to recruit Jay Spearing! A bit of good news, hope it's true. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This would be great news for a change! Let's try and bring Spearing back for our first game at Burnley. A big ask I know!

22Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 07:14

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If the US will pay his wages it's great news for a club like us! He'll be out for 6 months. Might even figure in our run in. What a fairy tale it will be to come back from injury and help us reach the Prem. I would want him to retire from internationals tho if he wants a new contract the following season.

23Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 07:37

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Look at it another way, If you were poorly how would you feel if your boss sacked you?

24Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 08:05

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Triumph wrote:Look at it another way, If you were poorly how would you feel if your boss sacked you?
Good point, it wouldn't make us the most attractive club to sign for either.

25Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 08:43

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll only get injured again , he was once a top player but his body can't take it anymore, i'd see what the medical people say before making any decisions .

26Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 08:46

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This must be where the unexpected cash has come from.

27Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 11:31

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BoltonTillIDie wrote:According to The Sun. USA will pay Holden's wages while he's injured and this will free up some money for Dougie to recruit Jay Spearing! A bit of good news, hope it's true. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That would be grand news if true ..... I have never heard of a case like that.  So if Rooney gets injured playing for England the FA would pay his wages..... sounds to good to be true.  But the USA is diferent of course...money no object.

28Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 12:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a strange arrangement but I assume both the club and the USA Association are obliged to take out insurance so one or the other will pay - not the club. Which is why he should remain on the books.

29Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 15:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sorry but this is madness:-

Stuart Holden will sign a new one-year deal with Bolton this week, after receiving assurances over his future from Wanderers bosses.

Trotters chairman Phil Gartside has reportedly spoken to Holden and the club look set to honour a signed agreement, meaning the player will spend at least another 12 months at the Reebok Stadium.

30Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 15:24

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Atleast we're not paying for the wages!

31Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 15:26

aaron_bwfc wrote:Sorry but this is madness:-

Stuart Holden will sign a new one-year deal with Bolton this week, after receiving assurances over his future from Wanderers bosses.

Trotters chairman Phil Gartside has reportedly spoken to Holden and the club look set to honour a signed agreement, meaning the player will spend at least another 12 months at the Reebok Stadium.

'the club look set to honour a signed agreement,' If something's been signed and we backed out, Holden would probably have a case for 'breach of contract' or something to that effect, plus if the USA are subsidising his wages then our losses are minimal.

If the shoe was on the other foot and Holden hasn't got injured, and then decided to back out of the agreement and sign for another club we'd be moaning about a lack of loyalty. Works both ways for me, had the club not made any sort of agreement to sign him before the injury I'd have no problem with backing out now. As it is I think it's only right they honour it.

Obviously I've no idea, but I do wonder whether Coye's medical staff are partly to blame for bringing him back against Villa too early. He had another 18 months out after that, was his rehab mishandled by the club?

32Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 16:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Sorry but this is madness:-

I really don't see what the problem is Aaron.

He's costing nothing so it's not as if our money is being tied up by Holden as being the reason we can't afford other players.
He'll be a great free ambassador for the club anyway and if he ever does get back to playing he'll be as loyal as they come.

33Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 16:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He will be costing us something, i don't see any conformation that USA will pay his whole wage or even any of it.

I would have thought they would be covering his treatment costs and the like but to pay his contract seems very unusual.

34Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 16:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:He will be costing us something, i don't see any conformation that USA will pay his whole wage or even any of it.

I would have thought they would be covering his treatment costs and the like but to pay his contract seems very unusual.

I would be gobsmacked if the club hadn't got every player insured up to the eyeballs.

35Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 18:48

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He will have his own insurance I would have thought.

36Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 18:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're all deluded if you think this is costing BWFC nothing.

Any other club would have walked away from this, we owe the player nothing - we've pissed away millions on his wages already. It's players like Holden and Sean Davis that are half the reason we are so much in debt.

37Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 19:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's players like Holden and Sean Davis that are half the reason we are so much in debt.

I don't think it's fair to put Davis and Holden in the same bracket.

We'd have gone down a year earlier without Holden. He was phenomenal when fit and will have been on a pittance for a while.

Davis was on £30,000 a week for three years, played three matches and wouldn't have been that good if he was fit.

38Should we Holdon to Holden? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we Holdon to Holden? Wed Jul 31 2013, 19:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are both the same - injury prone players who took a shit load of money from us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum