Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last night of the proms...

+2
aaron_bwfc
Michael Bolton
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Last night of the proms... Empty Last night of the proms... Sat Sep 07 2013, 22:30

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What a load of bollocks eh?

2Last night of the proms... Empty Re: Last night of the proms... Sat Sep 07 2013, 23:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A whole night dedicated to classical music, not my kind of thing.

Can't say the first night of the proms interested in me so the last night certainly didn't.

3Last night of the proms... Empty Re: Last night of the proms... Sun Sep 08 2013, 09:42

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Depends what's your bag. There's some stuff that's easy on the ear and there's some heavy and sometimes depressing stuff. It's here and it ain't going away. The Proms is a British institution and they have a similar season at the Bridgewater Hall with the Halle Orchestra. I've been to classical music events and done it by selection of music being played.
Many years ago when I was at school we had to listen to all that Classical stuff in music, then we had a change of music teacher. Enter Cream and Fleetwood Mac, Peter Green's version. Somehow Mr Hornby managed to turn Classical music into Classic Rock!! 10/10.

4Last night of the proms... Empty Re: Last night of the proms... Sun Sep 08 2013, 09:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Went to it a few years ago and basically it was a piss up, some pleasant enough classical music winding up with the rampant nationalism of Land of Hope and Glory. Good night out although I was glad I wasn't paying for the tickets.

5Last night of the proms... Empty Re: Last night of the proms... Sun Sep 08 2013, 19:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I like it

6Last night of the proms... Empty Re: Last night of the proms... Sun Sep 08 2013, 22:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I like it
I'm with you Glos. Shame on the Philistines.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum