Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton

+25
gloswhite
wessy
Copper Dragon
observer
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
Barryjw
Triumph
doffcocker
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
kennster
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
Norpig
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Tigermin
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
karlypants
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

101Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Tue Oct 08 2013, 18:24

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

102Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Tue Oct 08 2013, 18:38

chipbutty wrote:If the manager could see (as everyone else could) that the team hadn't got a winger who could cross the ball so signs one, then I don't think that this could in anyway be described as a 'Great move'/
What a stupid thing to say. Just about every position on the pitch was touted as needing a signing, the most pressing appeared to be ST and CB. With Eagles, CYL and Hall a winger was one of the last places fans were suggesting so in no way was a winger clearly needed. 

Even if what you are saying is true (it isn't) then he's still done a good job to find a player that fits our tight budget, who nobody rated and who has come in and done a good job. It's finding the right player not just filling the position ie United needed a CM who could create and pass a ball like Fabregas, they ended up with Feillaini, that's a bad move, Feeney however is looking like a good one, and the manager should be given credit for that.

103Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Tue Oct 08 2013, 18:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
chipbutty wrote:If the manager could see (as everyone else could) that the team hadn't got a winger who could cross the ball so signs one, then I don't think that this could in anyway be described as a 'Great move'/
What a stupid thing to say. Just about every position on the pitch was touted as needing a signing, the most pressing appeared to be ST and CB. With Eagles, CYL and Hall a winger was one of the last places fans were suggesting so in no way was a winger clearly needed. 

Even if what you are saying is true (it isn't) then he's still done a good job to find a player that fits our tight budget, who nobody rated and who has come in and done a good job. It's finding the right player not just filling the position ie United needed a CM who could create and pass a ball like Fabregas, they ended up with Feillaini, that's a bad move, Feeney however is looking like a good one, and the manager should be given credit for that.
Nailed it for me.

104Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Wed Oct 09 2013, 10:52

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

If you wish to be taken seriously, learn not to insult others with a different view.

105Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Wed Oct 09 2013, 11:20

Not sure if I'd class that as an insult. But I do apologise if you were offended by what I said.

I don't think it was a particularly well thought out comment though.

106Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Wed Oct 09 2013, 11:46

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I fear this win may have been a flash in the pan. 

Both our goals were 'lucky' - down to crap defending more than amazing teamwork and individual skill. 

Beckfords finish was nice but he would never have been allowed to be in that position by a better defense.

107Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Wed Oct 09 2013, 11:59

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I fear this win may have been a flash in the pan. 

Both our goals were 'lucky' - down to crap defending more than amazing teamwork and individual skill. 

Beckfords finish was nice but he would never have been allowed to be in that position by a better defense.
Most of the goals we have let in recently have been down to crap defending more than amazing teamwork and individual skill!

Comforting to know we are not alone in this respect.

108Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Wed Oct 09 2013, 14:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the end of the day we've played two teams that will be challenging for promotion come May - Forest & Blackburn. Both hammered us.

Coyle turned us from a half decent team into a load of shite and Dougie has kept the ship steady with yet more shite.

Nothing has changed for me, Dougie is still clueless and should still be out the door.

109Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Wed Oct 09 2013, 14:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What about QPR, Blackpool, Reading You don't think they'll challenge.

110Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Wed Oct 09 2013, 14:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh and Burnley, who are top of the league.

111Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 10 2013, 23:56

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Oh and Burnley, who are top of the league.
Only QPR out of that quartet will be there at the death. Problem is we'll be fighting at the other end unless we get rid of Dougie the clown. I see he's back to singing the praises of Knightmare again tonight in the BEN. God give me strength does the man never learn? ::mad::

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum