Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We don't score enough!

+11
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
karlypants
observer
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok_Rebel
gloswhite
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1We don't score enough! Empty We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 11:21

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I have not done the exact maths on this but I think Dougie is wrong to think we should be defending 1 goal leads. My fear is that after hearing him say that we need to change the system after we go a goal up means in future we will be bringing on Knight to go five at the back. This is a mistake.

Conceeding 1 goal is fine. Not a problem. nIts only scoring 1 (or less) that is an issue. Most games are not won by something to nil. You always have to assume that the other team are going to get something. A penalty, a corner, a mistake, or just decent forward play - anything could happen. 

The teams in the top six have between them conceeded an average of more than a goal per game. The reason they are up there near the top is because they score an average of 2 per game. Bolton are averaging 0.8 goals for, per game. Pathetic. Jordan Rhodes has scored more goals than the whol Bolton team.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 12:03

Agree with this, Dougie's caution may have helped to sure up the defence but the lack of chances we create could end up costing him his job. He needs to change it and fast, as you suggested on another topic I think one of Spearing or Medo needs to be dropped in favour of playing Danns in central midfield.

3We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 13:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i just made a post in the lessons learned thread that echoes both of these posts, we can't defend a 1-0 lead an the thought of shutting up shop as soon as we score is asking for trouble.

It might also help if he stopped picking the useless dog turd that is Ngog, quite possibly the worst striker to ever pull on a white shirt, even Jardlel scored a few goals!

4We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 13:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think Ngog has a mental block about scoring, and freezes instead of going for it. Either that or hes forgotten what hes on the bloody pitch for. Neither one lends it self to a high scoring role.

5We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 14:15

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whats craig davies done wrong? hes always at least looks like he can be arsed and has a half decent finish.

6We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 14:43

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We don't score enough? Well, that deduction really puts Sherlock Holmes out of a job doesn't it? :wtf2: 

You are right of course but the poster who thinks Dougie has shored up the defence must be smoking the same stuff Mr Freedman is. We are woeful at the back and a clean sheet at the reebok is rarer than finding one in a back street brothel because we have a defence that makes a sieve look like a solid brick wall. 

Craig Davies is a decent striker and on his day a really good one but he isn't the answer to the problems; at least not alone. What Dougie needs to do is change his way of thinking and accept that we're never going to win a game unless we start to attack a lot more. We have to stop trying to sit on a 1-0 lead and frankly with our back line I'd be nervous about it if we were 3-0 up with five minutes to play. A change in mentality and tactics is required and fast while we urgently need to look at getting some defenders who actually know how to defend. I'm not a Bogdan hater because I actually think he's a decent keeper and Lonergan is no better than him when they're both on form but right now it wouldn't matter if we had Peter Shilton or Peter Schmeichel between the sticks in their prime because even the best keepers need some help from the defenders and ours don't get any. Dougie should accept that and set out the stall to score at least two before even considering switching to a defensive pattern. If he can't or won't see that for himself then I'd say he has to go.

7We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 15:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've yet to start with two forwards and two wide players this season. This is despite our best run last season coming when we played Eagles on the right, Lee on the left and two of Sordell, Ngog and CDavies up front.
I guess Dougie's decided it just isn't clever and Italian enough for him.

Consequently, we've forever been short in either width or bodies at the top of the pitch, and never been consistently threatening.

8We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 15:42

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:We've yet to start with two forwards and two wide players this season. This is despite our best run last season coming when we played Eagles on the right, Lee on the left and two of Sordell, Ngog and CDavies up front.

Consequently, we've forever been short in either width or bodies at the top of the pitch, and never been consistently threatening.
Why tinker with success?  The fact is we miss Dawson... not just for his defensive ability and his ability to make Knightmare look decent, but for him being the de facto captain of the club.  With Kevin Davies gone, we have no leadership on the pitch!

9We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 15:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
doffcocker wrote:We've yet to start with two forwards and two wide players this season. This is despite our best run last season coming when we played Eagles on the right, Lee on the left and two of Sordell, Ngog and CDavies up front.

Why tinker with success?  The fact is we miss Dawson... not just for his defensive ability and his ability to make Knightmare look decent, but for him being the de facto captain of the club.  With Kevin Davies gone, we have no leadership on the pitch!
Dawson has so far featured in 2 league cup games, he has hardly even been on the bench so far this season.

Absolute shame we couldn't get him back, he really is wasted at West Brom!

10We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 15:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I blame the club for this for getting rid of Klasnic, we'd be top six if he was still here, he'd of put at least two away yesterday against Ipswich , we just don't score hardly any goals anymore.

11We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 16:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We'd be in a similar position with or without klasnic, that's not particulary his fault as neither him or beckford can do fuck all with a ball launched at them from the air when it's clear as day they score more goals with the ball played to their feet in and around the box.

Dougie wonders why we don't score enough, well start looking on your fucking style of football and it might suddenly hit home why beckfords only on 2 goals.

12We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 16:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beckford had two chances yesterday that Klasnic would've buried into the net.

13We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 16:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:Beckford had two chances yesterday that Klasnic would've buried into the net.
Which?

14We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 16:25

Surely not the Overhead kick, Klasnic wouldn't have got anywhere near it.

15We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 16:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He scored a few overheads while he was with us ::wtf:: 

16We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 16:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Surely not the Overhead kick, Klasnic wouldn't have got anywhere near it.
I don't know what he was smoking at the time but Scott's bonkers when it comes to Klasnic.
He had a good shot on him, but to think we'd have a goal for every half chance created this season with him in the team is nonsense.

17We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 16:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Klasnic would have a field day at this level

18We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 16:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why do Bolton fans not like goal scorers is beyond me, why ? are you scared of them.

19We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 16:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel sorry for Beckford, he's clearly got talent - a few times yesterday he actually got the ball played to his feet and looked dangerous.

But fucking hell Dougie, can't you see there is too much long ball? Can't you see Beckford doesn't want the ball played to his head? It's not fucking rocket science is it?

20We don't score enough! Empty Re: We don't score enough! Sun Oct 27 2013, 16:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe they're that shite they can't find his feet .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum