Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taliban to Court Marshall Raghead For Chopping Marines Head Off!!

+5
Natasha Whittam
kennster
scottjames30
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think so!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I don't think so!!
I'm not sure what has happened but isn't this the same thing SK?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t5952-marine-guilty-of-killing-do-you-agree

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Similar, it's a cynical post about role reversal!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Similar, it's a cynical post about role reversal!!
Fair enough Very Happy 

No you're right, but do you really want your troops representing Britain to be held to the same standards as the Taliban? They're not in any other regard so why this? I'd like to think as a society we're well ahead of them so why would that be important?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

See the other topic re. Trench!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
No you're right, but do you really want your troops representing Britain to be held to the same standards as the Taliban? They're not in any other regard so why this? I'd like to think as a society we're well ahead of them so why would that be important?
After six weeks in action your weak opinion would change.

Why? It's got nothing to do with first hand experience it's my perception of what a hero is.

Im not denying they're brave. But bravery and heroism are different things IMO.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Why? It's got nothing to do with first hand experience it's my perception of what a hero is.

Im not denying they're brave. But bravery and heroism are different things IMO.
So tell me what you class as a hero then?

Why? What would that prove? I respect their profession, but no more than I respect Doctors for instance. The armies not something I'd ever want to do because I don't believe in any of the causes that they fight for these days.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Why? What would that prove? I respect their profession, but no more than I respect Doctors for instance. The armies not something I'd ever want to do because I don't believe in any of the causes that they fight for these days.
Because you've said you don't class our soldiers as hero's, I just wanted to know what you did class as a hero that's all?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Will you be wearing a white poppy on Sunday 74?

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Why? What would that prove? I respect their profession, but no more than I respect Doctors for instance. The armies not something I'd ever want to do because I don't believe in any of the causes that they fight for these days.
Because you've said you don't class our soldiers as hero's, I just wanted to know what you did class as a hero that's all?
WW2 veterans, Doctors, that pilot who landed a plane full of people in the Hudson river etc etc etc that sort of thing.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A cheesy song isn't going to change my opinion.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The British Army do not serve the poeple of this country. 

Can someone explain how shooting at civilians in Northern Ireland helped this country? How did the Falklands war help the average man on the street? Why did we invade Iraq when they didn't have any intent to attack the West? Why are we fighting the Taliban when they have nothing to do with us and don't pose a threat to this country? 

I will wear a poppy to remember the brave men who died in WW1 and WW2, I don't respect the army after that period.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

scottjames30 wrote:
They serve the 1% in this country, the army don't represent my beliefs and values. Anyone who believes that the army represents them are stupid.

kennster wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
They serve the 1% in this country, the army don't represent my beliefs and values. Anyone who believes that the army represents them are stupid.
Fucking prick.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think you've nailed it there breadman. The Army allows the situation in this country whereby they themselves can be slagged off because they defend free speech!!
Simple as!!

they defend free speech!! 

You sound like an American. How exactly are the army defending our right to free speech at the moment? The Taliban will never take over this country and enforce their laws and half the countries in the world don't allow free speech are we about to invade all of them for fear they come and attack us?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum