Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Muamba hits out!

+10
terenceanne
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
guest66
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Wed Dec 04 2013, 19:28

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He was pissed off with himself for giving the ball away, the same reason he held his hands up to the fans.

Fair play to him for admitting he made a mistake, unlike Dougie.

22Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Thu Dec 05 2013, 00:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seems these tweets were the real deal...

" I don't really want a job or role at the club. I just want the team to do well."

23Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Thu Dec 05 2013, 12:36

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Muamba was better than the current bunch IMO ...... but that's not saying much I grant you.

As for the Board being idiots.... tell me something I don't know.

24Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Thu Dec 05 2013, 14:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote: tell me something I don't know.
Leonard Nimoy served as a sergeant in the United States Army from 1953 to 1955.

25Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Thu Dec 05 2013, 15:15

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He was also the only one who was friends with william shatner all the others did not like James T Kirk.

26Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Fri Dec 06 2013, 10:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:He was also the only one who was friends with william shatner all the others did not like James T Kirk.
And William Shatner is only 4 days older than Leonard Nimoy.

27Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Fri Dec 06 2013, 11:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Freedman says Twitter comments are ‘unhelpful’
.8:00am Friday 6th December 2013 in Latest .

Freedman says Twitter comments are ‘unhelpful’ DOUGIE Freedman has branded Twitter comments on ex-midfielder Fabrice Muamba account earlier this week as “unhelpful” – but accepts they are par for the course for the modern day manager.

Comments appeared on the social network site after Tuesday’s defeat against Huddersfield, describing members of the boardroom as “a bunch of idiots” and accusing the current squad of having too many average players.

A national newspaper report published yesterday insinuated the row could have spilled over from last summer, when Muamba was released by the club following the expiry of his contract.

But the controversial comments have caused a stir – particularly, says Freedman, after the support offered to the former England Under-21 man after his dramatic collapse at White Hart Lane, and subsequent recovery.

“This tweeting thing seems to be the rage and you’re going to get ex-players and employees of the club putting their opinion out there,” manager said.

“It’s disappointing and particularly in this case because I know how fond the chairman is of Fabrice and when the situation came about, he was by his bedside.

“He’s really upset by the comment because of what has gone on in the past but as far as I’m concerned, ex-players and employees of the club chipping in when they shouldn’t seems to be common these days.

"It’s something you have got to deal with and I know the rules.”

Gartside was quoted in The Sun newspaper yesterday disputing the claim that Muamba is owed part of his signing on fee from a £5.75million move from Birmingham City in 2008.

“We paid Fabrice 15, 16 months when it should have been a year, so he got more than he was contractually entitled to,” he said.

“The comments are very strange when I think back to holding his hand in hospital.”

Freedman has distanced himself from the row – and never managed Muamba – but admits he is not a fan of the modern trend for former players or supporters criticising their club online.

“Ex-players always seem to be saying you should be doing this, or that, and that’s fantastic. But when you try to put it into reality, it never works.

Should we be playing two strikers? No, we shouldn’t be playing two strikers.

“Ten thousands fans have four thousand opinions and you’ve got to try and stand above that and make your own decisions. I think we do that here.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Fri Dec 06 2013, 11:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman wrote:“Should we be playing two strikers? No, we shouldn’t be playing two strikers.

“Ten thousands fans have four thousand opinions and you’ve got to try and stand above that and make your own decisions. I think we do that here.”
I'm really starting to like Dougie Freedman. He's so stupid it's become funny.

29Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Fri Dec 06 2013, 12:13

"Ten thousands fans have four thousand opinions...(etc)"

Oh god, what a fucktard.........

We've got our very own George Dubbya.......

30Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Fri Dec 06 2013, 14:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Big game on Saturday for him. He needs to get the fans behind him for it as best he can. The main complaint with regards to his approach is over-cautiousness.

“Should we be playing two strikers? No, we shouldn’t be playing two strikers."

Was this a good thing to say? Well, no is the answer to that.

31Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Fri Dec 06 2013, 14:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One striker is fine providing he gets loads of support arriving from midfield....unfortunately half our midfield won't cross the halfway line.

32Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Fri Dec 06 2013, 15:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So if what he is saying is true, and he has also said Mason will be starting, I guess Beckford wont be starting on Saturday...

33Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Fri Dec 06 2013, 15:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He could go for 4 - 1 - 4 - 1 although I'd be both pleased and gobsmacked at the same time.
Mason is after all more of an attacking midfielder than a striker.
Doubt he'll drop Beckford.

34Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Fri Dec 06 2013, 18:37

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Leave Douggie alone I want him to carry on doing exactly what he has been. That's the quickest way to get rid of him. Fortunately he's too stupid or too arrogant to try something different. Just like Coyle he'll go down believing he was right and everyone else was wrong.Unbelievable really.

35Muamba hits out! - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba hits out! Fri Dec 06 2013, 18:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Leave Douggie alone I want him to carry on doing exactly what he has been. That's the quickest way to get rid of him.
Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum