Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club debt rises to £163.8 million!!!

+23
wanderlust
xmiles
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
rammywhite
observer
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
NickFazer
karlypants
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Jack Russell
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Sluffy
Triumph
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting stuff Rammy. Thanks for the input. Not boring at all. If I were a betting man then my money would be on Uncle Eddie being the major shareholder in Fildraw.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Interesting stuff Rammy. Thanks for the input. Not boring at all. If I were a betting man then my money would be on Uncle Eddie being the major shareholder in Fildraw.

I'm 100% certain that he is- but it's  Bermudan private company and getting stuff on it isn't easy

There's a Fildraw Road in the IoM and a company registered there called Fildraw Ltd- so its quite clearly an Eddy -owned corporation.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Interesting stuff Rammy. Thanks for the input. Not boring at all. If I were a betting man then my money would be on Uncle Eddie being the major shareholder in Fildraw.

I'm 100% certain that he is- but it's  Bermudan private company and getting stuff on it isn't easy

Tell me about it and everyone thought that Switzerland used to be bad for collating information!!!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thank you Rammy - I'm sure most of us would love to read your other 20 more significant points though.

Also try googling Fildraw and the Virgin Islands.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Banks of the Croal wrote:RIGHT, all this debt talk was really making me despair.

So this afternoon, while every fucker else was getting pissed.

I decided to prepare, a plan and a Cunning one at that.

All Nutters, those with the balls to execute this plan (Nat is also welcome) i really hope she will be involved, as she will have a major role to play, if all goes well.

I'm planning to storm The Reebok after the game against Blackpool, take it by surprise, not many people,fans, Police and hopefully Stewards about.

Then install a new Crack Management and Financial Team

Breadman... Chairman.

Natasha ... Manager.

Scott ... Assistant Manager.

Doffy ... Head Coach.

Angry Dad ... Fitness Coach and Head of Security.

Wander ... Public Liaison Manager.

RT... Deputy Public Liaison Manager

Karly ... Press Spokesman.

Magoo ... Catering Manager.

BWFC71 ... Transport Coordinator

Boltonbonce... New Announcer.

Culcheth White ... Head of Ticketing and Media.

Are you all behind me fellow nutters. Shocked

I want to be President .....so that I can fire all the above when it suits me.....thanks.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The club can only be sold if someone wants to buy it (I'm sure i didn't need to say that)

And they will only do that if it's a viable business. And you can see from the "glory days" in the premier league and the UEFA where we lost millions that it's not. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

You can never put in place an American system into football, way too many teams, far too much variety (europe, asia, south america etc etc) no college/university system, no desire or need from above for a salary cap, will never ever ever happen. And losing is acceptable in the USA there are plenty of franchises that have been absolutely abysmal for many many many years.

Aye .... I said massive changes would not happen in my life time ...some of the reasons you list.
30 years from now though how could all the teams in division two and down possibly survive? 
There are many franchises in the USA that have losing records on the field...but they don't lose money....the owners pocket that for the most part.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:RIGHT, all this debt talk was really making me despair.

All Nutters, those with the balls to execute this plan (Nat is also welcome) i really hope she will be involved, as she will have a major role to play, if all goes well.

I'm planning to storm The Reebok after the game against Blackpool, take it by surprise, not many people,fans, Police and hopefully Stewards about.

Breadman... Chairman.

Natasha ... Manager.

Doffy ... Head Coach.

When Nat gets the sack in a couple of weeks, does this mean that I get to take over as Manager?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done Chris & Rammy et al for cutting through the smokescreen to get to the heart of the matter.

There are a few things that stand out as unusual, but overall it looks as though the club have intentionally laid out the accounts to maximise the paper loss.

Some serious investments there, the scale of which massively outweigh the impact of player cost and savings so a revised balance sheet would make interesting reading and perhaps put it into perspective.

Even so, Dougie still has plenty more work to do.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:That's it!

We need a rugby club to share the operating costs with us.

(And obviously Coyle's astute financial management of first team affairs would have helped them too....)
WARRIOR = Wigan Athletic's Revenue Relies Immensely On Rugby  Very Happy

scottjames30 wrote:

Breadman... Chairman.

Natasha ... Manager.

Doffy ... Head Coach.

When Nat gets the sack in a couple of weeks, does this mean that I get to take over as Manager?

Yes.

If I'm being Chairman (cheers, Banksy), I'll give Whittam a month and about £500k to turn it round, then when she blows it all on Nugent and shoes, I'll sack her and you can take over.

You can even have a painted space with your name on in the car park for the caravan.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Amos, are you ok ?

I am fine, just ever so miffed pissed off that whenever Sluffy gets a chance he has a sly dig at me or basically tells everyone I am a mental-case, especially when it comes to the speculation of the club's finances.

Thing is, if he had read the full accounts, like I did, then he would have come to the same conclusions as what I and a couple of others had done, but instead slags me off as not knowing what I am talking about, but, at the same time, agrees with the others!!!!

Anyway that was 2013... this is 2014 onwards and upwards bygones and all that!!!!
Speaking for myself, I appreciate your financial analysis and your posts.  Life is short and just be happy we're not being relegated (currently).  Wish for the New Year players like Dawson... and Dawson... and Dawson... perhaps McNaughton and Danns.  And if you want to make me really happy, wish for Knightmare to be wanted by someone else.  He's a really nice guy like Coyle, but like Coyle is destroying the morale on the club.  Happy New Year and please continue to post the financial analysis for us to try and understand what is going on in what is a complicated structural corporate matter.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Given these figures we are never going to get Dawson and that's why we were unable to sign him when we had him on loan.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

After today's debacle, they can shut the f,c king place down, far as i'm concerned and then all the namby f,cking pamby fans wont have to hear me curse and swear when we go 2-0 down.

Passionless shower of happy clappers.sat near me, can fuck off Sad

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Breadman... Chairman.

Natasha ... Manager.

Doffy ... Head Coach.

Yes.

If I'm being Chairman (cheers, Banksy), I'll give Whittam a month and about £500k to turn it round, then when she blows it all on Nugent and shoes, I'll sack her and you can take over.

You can even have a painted space with your name on in the car park for the caravan.

That'll mean the world to me, cheers, so when i'm pissed up in fan-zone I can stay and get even more pissed knowing that I can just walk back to my caravan, cheers Mr chairman.

I won't fail you, promise.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:

Breadman... Chairman.

Natasha ... Manager.

Doffy ... Head Coach.

Made me laugh that did!  Laughing 

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why are you laughing, he's calling you a bullshitter.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thanks to both Chris and Rammy for the explanations. I found them interesting to say the least. Even though we have two qualified people looking at the same figures, more or less, we still have slight differences of opinion. I think the club are hoping to defer any severe financial penalties by using smoke and mirrors, which I believe is ok for normal business as usual, but not for the eagled-eyed accountants from the Football authorities. Does this throw light on Dougie's push for youngsters, knowing we won't be able to buy for a couple of seasons, I wonder?.
As an aside, some years ago, I worked for the Board of Trade, (now Dept. of Trade and Industry), in the Statistics Division, and was always amazed at the monthly trading figures we put out, where 'factors' were used, which distorted the end figure enormously. I now take all statistics and financial figures  with a very large pinch of salt.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club have just bought a hotel and a sports fitness company. Surely we need room cleaners, waiters, kitchen staff and personal trainers as an urgent priority seeing as the footballing side of the business is now just a relatively small department in the scheme of things?

Happy to put myself forward as Maitre D instead of PR....

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:The club have just bought a hotel and a sports fitness company. Surely we need room cleaners, waiters, kitchen staff and personal trainers as an urgent priority seeing as the footballing side of the business is now just a relatively small department in the scheme of things?

Happy to put myself forward as Maitre D instead of PR....

They were already part owners through a joint venture-and they have bought out the other party to become sole owners. I think (from memory) that it was the De Vere group- part of the once mighty, now sadly reduced Greenall Whitley group.
So they've got all the staff in place already as it was bought as a going concern.
But there's no harm in applying. You never know......

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:This is going to be long and boring to some- but its about the clubs latest Accounts. I've been through them this morning with a fine tooth comb - and there are a lot of interesting things in there. Forgive me if this is a bit technical- but I'll make it as easy as I can.
 I'll give you just a few:

1) It cost us £2.3 m to get rid of Coyle and his mates

2) It has cost us £2.7 m in wages to loan some of our players out 

3 As regards whether we'll continue- the best evidence for me is that the auditor (Deloitte) makes no reference to any going concern issues at all in their auditors Report. They gave a clean report. Deloitte are no mugs (I worked for one of their competitors KPMG for years) - and they will have looked at this very carefully as its so easy to get sued if they get it wrong.

4) However the Directors go on at great length about the business as a 'going concern' in three places in the Accounts. They are clearly concerned and have drawn up serious looking contingency plans if we hit the cash flow skids

5)Gartside has seen his remuneration fall from over £800k to just over £400k. He's sharing our pain!!

6)There has to be a real issue about the FFP rules. A few years ago Portsmouth tried it on by separating loans between the football club and their holding company and the FA would have none of it. Look where they are now. Gartsides main tactic would be securitisation of season ticket sales- selling future receipts that we pay (probably for the next 5 years) to a finance company- and recognising much of the income now. Highly suspicious- Glasgow Rangers tried it- and look how much good it did them

7) Ownership of the club is really murky ( as BWFC71 correctly points out). Note 33 says its 95% owned by Fildraw- a Bermudan company. I've tried this morning to get data on them and failed- but I'll keep on trying.
However the loans are made by Moonshift which Eddy clearly owns ( with a beneficial interest- so there's something murky there). But Gartside says in the Directors Report that Eddy is the 'principal' shareholder in Burnden Leisure!!
I smell a rat here and I think we might still be in trouble. The accounts state that all plans are based on promotion in 13/14- so this season has already been written off  by the Board.

I could go on with about 20 more significant points from the accounts but I suspect you're bored already.

But, talking professionally, there are a lot of things in the Accounts which are hair raising.
Unlike what happens on the pitch.
Lecture over- but I for one have concerns about the future
So Rammy... what is the bottom line?  If you were trying to shelter monies and run a football club, what is most advantageous?  Where would you show the greatest loss for tax purposes?  What is the real bottom line for the football club taking out the one time costs of the buy-outs?  Do you think from these numbers that there is a chance that the club can break even when the last of the Coyle contracts (Knightmare, N'gog, etc) are off the books?  Hence, can the club break even, staying in the championship, for 2013-14?

I understand this may be difficult with the wheeling and dealing in the island country laden corporate world, but taking out the land holdings, the large contracts, etc, can this club break even next season when the parachute payments are gone?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum