Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club debt rises to £163.8 million!!!

+23
wanderlust
xmiles
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
rammywhite
observer
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
NickFazer
karlypants
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Jack Russell
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Sluffy
Triumph
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Reading have shown you can get promoted to the PL and get relegated again without crippling the club.

On a separate note, would anyone really care if BWFC went bust and had to re-start as FC Bolton in the Evo-Stik League? It would be a lot more fun than the current shite on offer.

I've been to watch Chorley a couple of times recently and the atmosphere there with 750 people on is far better than the Reebok with 15k on.

Yes, pet,I would care!!
I watch Ramsbottom United often when Bolton are playing away -and I don't want that to be the pinnacle of the Wanderer's aspirations.
It's good fun, a bit partisan - and you can take your dog with you if you want. Needless to say ,the football isn't scintillating

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Mr Amos - in these accounts do the club have to value the playing squad?

That would be a laugh if they do.

They haven't valued the players individually but as a net value.

2012 Net value of the squad was £49,750,000
2013 Net value of the squad is £14,100,000

A big difference!!!

2012  60 Players on the books
2013  59 Players on the books

Also noticed that BUrnden Leisure own the Freehold of the land which makes the asset worth even more than if it was Leasehold

As I understand it the players value is based on Historic cost less amortisation on a straight line basis over the life of the contract.
Players (unlike other non -current assets) are not valued at fair value( the other allowable method under UK company law and IAS(International accounting standards) as there is no efficient arms length market in which to value them.  When players are sold  any profit or loss will pass through the Income statement .
The write off for example on Fabrice will have passed through the income statement as an exceptional item less any insurance claim that was reimbursed to the club.
 It looks to me (and I've not had a chance yet to examine the Accounts) that there have been severe impairments in players values caused by relegation  - in other words the book value of each individual player has been examined ( with input from the auditors) and been reduced dramatically. One technical thing about this is that it affects the profit/loss of the club ,but has no impact on cash flows -therefore it's not as damaging as it might seem at first sight.
no offence to any of the above posters, they have explained it all well, but does anyone else tend to glaze over reading all this financial stuff? I don't understand half of it!  Embarassed

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can't believe we made a £50 million loss whilst Wigan Athletic have reported a net profit of £822,000 for the financial year ending May 31, 2013.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:I can't believe we made a £50 million loss whilst Wigan Athletic have reported a net profit of £822,000 for the financial year ending May 31, 2013.

Possibly they made more due to them being in the UEFA tournament?

Also don't forget that this is their first year being back in the Championship.

That's it!

We need a rugby club to share the operating costs with us.

(And obviously Coyle's astute financial management of first team affairs would have helped them too....)

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:I can't believe we made a £50 million loss whilst Wigan Athletic have reported a net profit of £822,000 for the financial year ending May 31, 2013.

Because they haven't moved into a brand new academy
Because they haven't bought out De Vere's for the running of the hotel
Because they haven't bought a sports educational company
Because they didn't have hyped over-priced mediocre players that had been bought by the previous two managers!!!
Because they didn't have a fall in revenue from sponsors or the set up of a completely brand new catering department (with Paul Heathcote!!!!)
Because they have 2 sports playing on their ground whilst ours stands idle when Bolton are not playing!!!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Because if Eddie walked away tomorrow, we wouldn't have all this debt to pay, we'd owe around 35-38 million over 6-8 years.

Calm the fuck down.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

On a separate note, would anyone really care if BWFC went bust and had to re-start as FC Bolton in the Evo-Stik League? It would be a lot more fun than the current shite on offer.

I would.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:

Because they haven't moved into a brand new academy
Because they haven't bought out De Vere's for the running of the hotel
Because they haven't bought a sports educational company
Because they didn't have hyped over-priced mediocre players that had been bought by the previous two managers!!!
Because they didn't have a fall in revenue from sponsors or the set up of a completely brand new catering department (with Paul Heathcote!!!!)
Because they have 2 sports playing on their ground whilst ours stands idle when Bolton are not playing!!!!
How much did we lose the previous year? We were losing the best part of £30 million a year when we were in the Premier. Wigan made a profit of over £4 million last year.

I hope your right with your views, but I'm not totally convinced, and the shit could well hit the fan one day.

I forgot to post this, this guy is a so called financial expert on the FFP
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bolton join Leicester, QPR & Blackburn who seem set for a transfer embargo next Dec if not promoted.

Last edited by Culcheth_White on Tue Dec 31 2013, 18:51; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I would.

Me too!

Natasha has been sniffing the evo-stick again!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Mr Amos - in these accounts do the club have to value the playing squad?

That would be a laugh if they do.

They haven't valued the players individually but as a net value.

2012 Net value of the squad was £49,750,000
2013 Net value of the squad is £14,100,000

A big difference!!!

2012  60 Players on the books
2013  59 Players on the books

Also noticed that BUrnden Leisure own the Freehold of the land which makes the asset worth even more than if it was Leasehold

As I understand it the players value is based on Historic cost less amortisation on a straight line basis over the life of the contract.
Players (unlike other non -current assets) are not valued at fair value( the other allowable method under UK company law and IAS(International accounting standards) as there is no efficient arms length market in which to value them.  When players are sold  any profit or loss will pass through the Income statement .
The write off for example on Fabrice will have passed through the income statement as an exceptional item less any insurance claim that was reimbursed to the club.
 It looks to me (and I've not had a chance yet to examine the Accounts) that there have been severe impairments in players values caused by relegation  - in other words the book value of each individual player has been examined ( with input from the auditors) and been reduced dramatically. One technical thing about this is that it affects the profit/loss of the club ,but has no impact on cash flows -therefore it's not as damaging as it might seem at first sight.
no offence to any of the above posters, they have explained it all well, but does anyone else tend to glaze over reading all this financial stuff? I don't understand half of it!  Embarassed

No offence taken Norpig- its just that I've spent 30 years working with stuff like this- so it's difficult to resist commenting. I'll shut up now

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Please don't shut up Rammy, I for one value highly your insight into the financial details of our club.

Contray to our Dutch financial expert on these matters who didn't even know that the name of the company that well over £100 millon of our debt is owed too, I know your comments to be well informed and accurate.

I think what the vast majority of people both on here and all the other forums and social media sites, as well as the old fashioned face to face chat about stuff miss, is that they see the club as a passion, whilst the true owners and investers see it as a business to be utilised to the full - and the two views are not necessarily compatable.

Yeah, cheers Rammy but Scott says we're ok and if Eddie crokes tomorrow, we'll actually be better off, so I'm not worried cos it's not like he's a clueless prick or anything......

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

RIGHT, all this debt talk was really making me despair.

So this afternoon, while every fucker else was getting pissed.

I decided to prepare, a plan and a Cunning one at that.

All Nutters, those with the balls to execute this plan (Nat is also welcome) i really hope she will be involved, as she will have a major role to play, if all goes well.

I'm planning to storm The Reebok after the game against Blackpool, take it by surprise, not many people,fans, Police and hopefully Stewards about.

Then install a new Crack Management and Financial Team

Breadman... Chairman.

Natasha ... Manager.

Scott ... Assistant Manager.

Doffy ... Head Coach.

Angry Dad ... Fitness Coach and Head of Security.

Wander ... Public Liaison Manager.

RT... Deputy Public Liaison Manager

Karly ... Press Spokesman.

Magoo ... Catering Manager.

BWFC71 ... Transport Coordinator

Boltonbonce... New Announcer.

Culcheth White ... Head of Ticketing and Media.

Are you all behind me fellow nutters. Shocked

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:
no offence to any of the above posters, they have explained it all well, but does anyone else tend to glaze over reading all this financial stuff? I don't understand half of it! 

I recently finished a degree in accountancy and much of what's published in the accounts goes straight over my head.
It's fucking dull stuff, but what RW is saying in lay man's terms is not every expense you see in the accounts is money the club has physically had to part with. When we buy a player, it's not taken straight out of the profit for that year, because it's an investment, rather than an ongoing cost. Instead the club looks at the player's value on a yearly basis, and any decreases are taken out of the profit for that year.
Along with the wage bill, this seems to be one of the biggest drains on profit.

It'd be interesting to know how Blackburn and Wolves valued their squads in light of being relegated.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Please don't shut up Rammy, I for one value highly your insight into the financial details of our club.

Contray to our Dutch financial expert on these matters who didn't even know that the name of the company that well over £100 millon of our debt is owed too, I know your comments to be well informed and accurate.

I think what the vast majority of people both on here and all the other forums and social media sites, as well as the old fashioned face to face chat about stuff miss, is that they see the club as a passion, whilst the true owners and investers see it as a business to be utilised to the full - and the two views are not necessarily compatable.

Sluffy,

I am getting sick to death of you dissin me.

I work in the ForEx Banking and previously in the Corporate Banking and before then Retail Banking - so guess what I have more knowledge of the industry in my little finger than what you will ever know!!!

You get your facts about Eddie from 4-4-2 Magazine which is a load of crock anyway - considering that Eddie also plays a part at Moonshift!!! Therefore whatever figure 4-4-2 says is actually wildly inaccurate!!!

You have no clue of the Banking and Investment industry and yet to take the view of one poster, and actually compromise the viewpoint of another poster of which the view of the poster, you agree with, is agreeing with!!!! Sounds a bit hypocritical!!!

Happy New Year, Sluffy!!!!

(and guess what posters this could be my last post knowing the animosity that Sluffy has towards me, personally speaking!!!)

Signing off -The Dutch one (although I am fucking British. Bolton and fucking bred!!!) - or should I say the mad one, the idiot, the crazy one - or any other statement that Sluffy likes to use to describe me!!! How childish is that from a Mod!!! And yet Sluffy likes to describe himself as the sensible one and as we are all "characters" then don't take it too seriously - but Sluffy does!!!

Place of Birth: Bolton, United Kingdom
Interests: Bolton Wanderers, Public Transport, Politics
Profession: BANKING (and have been in the industry since 1996!), Also have my own business and have shares in a Franchise

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That's quite an overreation BWFC71.

Drambuie does things that other sweet sickly drinks don't.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Guys just chill out a bit!  Smile 

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not had a drink tonight.

In fact stone cold sober as I was at home alone with Skype to better half. Cant wait to see her again next week!!!

Now going doing the airport run to pick parents up - good start to 2014!!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amos, are you ok ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum