Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derby 0-0 Bolton

+27
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
Bolton Nuts
Keegan
Reebok_Rebel
CAMPO
bryan458
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
gloswhite
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
wessy
Numpty 28723
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
White84
rammywhite
Culcheth_White
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
cairocuz
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

101Derby 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 0-0 Bolton Wed Mar 12 2014, 15:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
I suspect you're more miffed because you're a Burnley fan CD.

Bloody hell Wanderlust, give me a bit of credit.

I'm not miffed at all.

I'd be miffed if I was a Bolton fan for reasons that I and quite a few others on this thread have stated.
 Very Happy

102Derby 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 0-0 Bolton Wed Mar 12 2014, 16:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Hobson's choice I would imagine, there was no one else other than that kid Hall.

Wheater took a knock towards the end of Saturdays game so it seemed sensible to me to bench him for a game just 3 days later particularly when he's just brought in a player Hutton, who needs to play games, and for who we must be paying a reasonable bit of the large weekly wedge he's on.

Not much point risking Wheater for a full game and making things worse if he didn't have to.

I doubt he would have played at all if we had been losing late in the game and only came on because Freedman likes to close out the game with three centre backs.

That's my thinking anyway.  

I did also think that he would go to 4-5-1 for this match but as I didn't say it yesterday I'm not claiming any credit for that one.

If he's carrying a knock then he shouldn't be on the bench......considering that you had three centre backs on the pitch.

Bolton could have won that, Derby have gone to pot.

Mason?

Illness stopped Joe Mason starting today. Other absentees Eagles (eye infection) and Lonergan (ear infection) - Marc Iles (Bolton News - twitter)

Wheater - Not fully fit player in - named as sub and comes on for just four minutes at the end, due to no other regular first team defender being available - shocker!

103Derby 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 0-0 Bolton Wed Mar 12 2014, 23:29

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well if that information is true Sluffy, it wraps everything up.

It's not a good point any longer, it's a great point.

104Derby 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 0-0 Bolton Thu Mar 13 2014, 00:36

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've renewed my season ticket.Wtf am I gonna do on Saturday watch a match on Sky or BT then go shopping in Asda with the mrs NO THANKS!

105Derby 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 0-0 Bolton Thu Mar 13 2014, 00:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:I've renewed my season ticket.Wtf am I gonna do on Saturday watch a match on Sky or BT then go shopping in Asda with the mrs NO THANKS!
 Fair point 84 lol!

106Derby 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 0-0 Bolton Thu Mar 13 2014, 00:49

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fucking sacrilege shopping where Burnden used to stand.Watching all the hamsters on there hamster wheels,walking up the aisles with their lists n calculators I'd rather eat glass.So wanderers no matter how bad they may play is still a better option.Then when they do turn on the style it's as sweet as a virgins honey pot LOL.

107Derby 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 0-0 Bolton Thu Mar 13 2014, 06:58

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

White84 wrote:I've renewed my season ticket.Wtf am I gonna do on Saturday watch a match on Sky or BT then go shopping in Asda with the mrs NO THANKS!

I'm with you White- I've shelled out as well. Without the home matches I'd be in Aldi, walking the dog, and having to learn how to use the Dyson!

108Derby 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 0-0 Bolton Fri Mar 14 2014, 11:07

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's all mentality really..... commentators at the game suggested that just a little bit of attacking gumption and we could have easily nicked that game.
We would have bagged four in a row and everyone on here would be talking about running the table. Just something to look forward to...hope....even some fun.
But now it's midtable mediocrity at best....we might run quite a few games and get close to a playoff spot but the wrong mentality like this Derby game will leave us a few ponts short.....if only  Sad  Sad

109Derby 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 0-0 Bolton Fri Mar 14 2014, 11:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But we tried to play 442 albeit with Moritz in for the injured Mason and Beckford not ready. If Beckford had been able to play alongside Juke it might have been a different story as he has the pace to get forward quickly.
Fact is Derby pushed us back forcing Dougie to abandon any thoughts of 442 in the second half.
442 isn't a magic formula and some teams are good enough and smart enough to use 451 to control the midfield as Derby did with Martin running the line on his own. The difference was that Derby's midfielders were good enough to get up to support Martin.
Whereas Moritz couldn't get forward to support Juke.
There was a defensive mindset and maybe that's what prevented Moritz pushing on more, but if we had more control over the middle of the park, we'd have got forward more.

110Derby 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 15 2014, 15:14

frankboy

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Do we have chat guys ?

111Derby 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Derby 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 15 2014, 16:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

frankboy wrote:Do we have chat guys ?

Yes we do Frank - why are you posting in the Derby thread though?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum