Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gravity - The film, not the thing that stops us floating off into space.

+12
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Norpig
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster try Veep. If you liked The Thick of It I am sure you will like this too.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw the pilot of Veep and wasn't particularly taken with it tbh. 

other shows like Eastbound and down and community people rave about and I clearly don't get the appeal.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parks and recreation is a fave of mine at the moment.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:Parks and recreation is a fave of mine at the moment.

I liked the first two seasons but it started to wear a bit thin in the third series and I have stopped watching it. The characters seem very two dimensional and most of them, including Leslie Knopes, are quite irritating.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Parks and recreation is a fave of mine at the moment.

I liked the first two seasons but it started to wear a bit thin in the third series and I have stopped watching it. The characters seem very two dimensional and most of them, including Leslie Knopes, are quite irritating.
You're right,it has become tiresome,but it's better than most. Can't get enough 'Curb' though.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think "Gravity" was a vehicle to earn awards instead of a good time at the movies.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Keegan wrote:I think "Gravity" was a vehicle to earn awards instead of a good time at the movies.

Now you are confusing it with Avatar.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

xmiles wrote:Now you are comparing it with Avatar.

Fixed.

Off topic again, but as Doffcocker brought up TV series is anybody watching House of Cards? I'm mid way through the second series and it's excellent, Kevin Spacey is genius.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Keegan wrote:
xmiles wrote:Now you are comparing it with Avatar.

Fixed.

Laughing 

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Off topic again, but as Doffcocker brought up TV series is anybody watching House of Cards? I'm mid way through the second series and it's excellent, Kevin Spacey is genius.

I haven't seen House of Cards, but I know that too has a top rating on imdb.

I agree about Kevin Spacey. He's fantastic in American Beauty, which is probably my favourite film. He's also brilliant at the end of Seven where he plays (SPOILER ALERT) the killer.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:I think "Gravity" was a vehicle to earn awards instead of a good time at the movies.

Clearly the Jamaican Gravity had been edited.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Off topic again, but as Doffcocker brought up TV series is anybody watching House of Cards? I'm mid way through the second series and it's excellent, Kevin Spacey is genius.

I agree about Kevin Spacey. He's fantastic in American Beauty, which is probably my favourite film. He's also brilliant at the end of Seven where he plays (SPOILER ALERT) the killer.

That was another show I just couldn't get into. Lasted about 5 episodes but I couldn't bare the 4th wall breaking any longer.

big fan of spacey though.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not Freaks & Geeks is it Hipster.

(p.s. you still owe me £32)

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

doffcocker wrote:

I mentioned it in the "Film & TV" thread. I've finished the 2nd season and I think it is very good. Predictable, but good.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I can assure you that I saw the American Gravity. They could have called it Gravitas and had the same effect. The film was designed to show off Sandra Bullocks figure and the excellent maintenance work of her plastic surgeon with George Clooney's famed boyish good looks thrown in for good measure. Throw in an orchestra and computer nerds skilled in CGI and that's that. A much better movie is Spike Jonze's "Her".

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:

I can assure you that I saw the American Gravity. They could have called it Gravitas and had the same effect. The film was designed to show off Sandra Bullocks figure and the excellent maintenance work of her plastic surgeon with George Clooney's famed boyish good looks thrown in for good measure. Throw in an orchestra and computer nerds skilled in CGI and that's that. A much better movie is Spike Jonze's "Her".

What a load of bullocks. Are you saying women with hot bodies and good looking men never go into space?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

I mentioned it in the "Film & TV" thread. I've finished the 2nd season and I think it is very good. Predictable, but good.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Agree about HER, loved that film.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Life of PI was one that alot of critics seemed to rave about, didn't see what all the fuss was about really.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:What a load of bullocks. Are you saying women with hot bodies and good looking men never go into space?

Exactly. That's a load of Sandra Bullocks, to be precise.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:Life of PI was one that alot of critics seemed to rave about, didn't see what all the fuss was about really.

Agreed. Tried reading the book as well but gave up after about 100 pages.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum