Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gravity - The film, not the thing that stops us floating off into space.

+12
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Norpig
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:And what did your missus think?
She was still waiting for the plot to begin when the film ended - she likes a good courtroom battle, mystery, thriller or detective story - anything with a fast-moving plot and plenty of twists.
She also commented that Sandra Bullock's tits have shrunk in recent years "but that happens to everyone" - although you wouldn't know with my missus whose jugs resolutely refuse to move south despite her age and remain one of her key assets in the boardroom.
But overall she was pleased we didn't go to see Grand Budapest Hotel which she and her mate Debbie had already decided would be too arty-farty purely on the basis that I'd like to see it. Wankers.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:And what did your missus think?
She was still waiting for the plot to begin when the film ended - she likes a good courtroom battle, mystery, thriller or detective story - anything with a fast-moving plot and plenty of twists.
She also commented that Sandra Bullock's tits have shrunk in recent years "but that happens to everyone" - although you wouldn't know with my missus whose jugs resolutely refuse to move south despite her age and remain one of her key assets in the boardroom.
But overall she was pleased we didn't go to see Grand Budapest Hotel which she and her mate Debbie had already decided would be too arty-farty purely on the basis that I'd like to see it. Wankers.

All The Presidents Men/Zodiac spring to mind. Two of my favourites.

Really looking forward to Grand Budapest myself huge Wes Anderson fan.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading this thread you can tell who are pompous wankers in real life.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Reading this thread you can tell who are pompous wankers in real life.

This really forwards the discussion.

Rolling Eyes

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

This really forwards the discussion.

Rolling Eyes

People always do this on "favourite film" threads. They pan the successful films in favour of crap films no one saw just to appear cool.

Gravity was a magnificent looking film, with a simple but effective story.

Idiots.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bit cynical, I would never lie about how i felt about a film for "cool" points. 

Gravity just didn't resonate with me, shame because Cuaron directed Children of Men which is a masterpiece and he directed Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban which was superb too. Clearly he's not that great of a writer. 

Maybe people just don't share your view Nat.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Maybe people just don't share your view Nat.

Wasn't Gravity up for Oscars? It appears the people who count do share my view.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you believe the Oscars define greatness then sure. But i repeat films are subjective so it's a bit of an asinine debate.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote: But i repeat films are subjective so it's a bit of an asinine debate.

Stop it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If you believe the Oscars define greatness then sure.

That's a bit like saying the X-Factor winner isn't the best singer in the country.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hello, is anybody there.

Whittam, love......listen.

Gravity might have that fit Clooney bloke that you lot all drool over in it, but it is a poor film.

It's nowhere near as good as Weekend At Bernie's and it's definitely no Hot Tub Time Machine.

Time to stop voting with your hormones and leave the serious critic stuff to us blokes.  :good:

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Has anybody seen the West Wing?

I mentioned ages ago that I bought it and I'm still only halfway into the second series.

To be fair I can see why it's highly regarded. It's very witty, I'm just not interested in American Politics. I don't know why I bought it.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

doffcocker wrote:Has anybody seen the West Wing?

I mentioned ages ago that I bought it and I'm still only halfway into the second series.

To be fair I can see why it's highly regarded. It's very witty, I'm just not interested in American Politics. I don't know why I bought it.

I couldn't get into West Wing either. Like you I can see why people rate it but for me it's just not as good as The Wire and The Sopranos. West Wing doesn't have stories or characters that I am that interested in or care about.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd seen the Matrix once before very briefly and thought it looked awful. I've been determined for a while to give it a proper go which is what I did last night, and it's even shitter than I first thought.

The "real world" is actually just a hoax controlled by computers. I got that. The rest was just a complete blur. Keanu Reeves character started off interesting but quickly became boring. Laurence Fishburne was the same. Hugo Weaving was obviously the villain of the piece, but I couldn't work out what it was that he wanted or what that they were all fighting about. Then there was Carrie-Anne Moss who's obviously just there to look good.

I wouldn't just say this is overrated, it's an abominable film.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'd seen the Matrix once before very briefly and thought it looked awful. I've been determined for a while to give it a proper go which is what I did last night, and it's even shitter than I first thought.

The "real world" is actually just a hoax controlled by computers. I got that. The rest was just a complete blur. Keanu Reeves character started off interesting but quickly became boring. Laurence Fishburne was the same. Hugo Weaving was obviously the villain of the piece, but I couldn't work out what it was that he wanted or what that they were all fighting about. Then there was Carrie-Anne Moss who's obviously just there to look good.

I wouldn't just say this is overrated, it's an abominable film.

I look forward to your review of "To Kill A Mockingbird", another new film.

I'm looking forward to it.

That Gregory Peck bloke was ace in Twilight.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the Matrix is great, but it is overrated. In reality it's just a rip off of the Anime Ghost in the Shell which is a serious masterpiece. 

Inception is the most overrated film in the last few years for me, another anime rip off.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the best films I've seen in a long time came out on DVD this week. 'Nebraska'. It's a gem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum