Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your favourite scary movie?

+9
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
doffcocker
Norpig
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What's your favourite scary movie? Empty What's your favourite scary movie? Thu Mar 20 2014, 20:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do like to watch a good scary movie. Always remember watching them as a kid, Freddy, Jason, reverend Kane, Pennywise etc.

So what's your favourite scary movie?

Mine is Poltergeist 2, purely for The Reverend Kane! A scary looking guy, Julian Beck. God is in his holy temple.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just realised I have previously done a thread on this. Doh!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t2452-what-s-your-favourite-scary-movie

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did enjoy some of the Nightmare On Elm Street movies, never got round to watching the more recent ones such as freddy vs jason?

Did enjoy the Scream series of films although not really scary.

Not a big film fan to be honest, I can't sit still for that long! Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the original Halloween still shits me up now, all that hiding behind doors and in cupboards and that mask!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Misery.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I spent quite a bit of time with Freddy, Jason and Chucky. Good times. I liked The Fly with Jeff Goldblum as well.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The original Nightmare on Elm Street Film used to keep me awake at night when I was a kid, even now it's still pretty scary.

However, I do have a recurring memory of a film about Zombies being locked in a cinema, and this film scaring me like nothing else.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The original Carrie was awesome - as was...  
What's your favourite scary movie? Abby_poster

I was too young to have seen this when I did but I remember it vividly in parts. I will be watching it again, though - and now you can too!

"Abby is a 1974 American blaxploitation horror film about a woman who is possessed by an African sex spirit. The film starred William H. Marshall, best known for portraying the lead role in Blacula, Terry Carter, and Carol Speed as the title character. It was directed by William Girdler, who co-wrote the film's story with screenwriter Gordon Cornell Layne.

The film was a financial success, grossing 4 million in a month, but was pulled from theaters after the film's distributor, American International Pictures, was accused of copyright violation by Warner Bros., which saw the film as being derivative of The Exorcist and filed a lawsuit against AIP. Girdler himself told the Louisville Courier Journal: "Sure, we made 'Abby' to come in on the shirttail of 'The Exorcist.'" The film is also inspired by 1968's Rosemary's Baby."

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Carrie is fantastic.

That mad christian woman terrifies the shite out of me.

10What's your favourite scary movie? Empty Re: What's your favourite scary movie? Fri Mar 21 2014, 11:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really a horror fan tend to avoid them tbh, I liked that Orphan and i liked "the descent" 

I saw the carrie remake recently and it was awful.

11What's your favourite scary movie? Empty Re: What's your favourite scary movie? Fri Mar 21 2014, 11:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Omen was quite spooky. The Rottweiler breed of dog really took off in the UK after it was featured in the film.

12What's your favourite scary movie? Empty Re: What's your favourite scary movie? Fri Mar 21 2014, 13:02

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Omen and OmenII were pretty good and always try to catch them when they are on - all the sequels and remakes afterwards forget them, absolute tosh!

I also like the original  Japanese The Ring trilogy are superb - far more psychological, and frightening, than the US remakes!

13What's your favourite scary movie? Empty Re: What's your favourite scary movie? Fri Mar 21 2014, 13:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I also like the original  Japanese The Ring trilogy are superb - far more psychological, and frightening, than the US remakes!
Ringu and Ringu 2!

Thought they were fab as well! Smile

14What's your favourite scary movie? Empty Re: What's your favourite scary movie? Fri Mar 21 2014, 14:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anything starring Norman Wisdom scares me shitless.

15What's your favourite scary movie? Empty Re: What's your favourite scary movie? Fri Mar 21 2014, 14:40

Reebok Trotter wrote:The Omen was quite spooky. The Rottweiler breed of dog really took off in the UK after it was featured in the film.

Flying Rottweilers.....?

I must have missed that bit. Is it in the Extended Director's cut?

16What's your favourite scary movie? Empty Re: What's your favourite scary movie? Fri Mar 21 2014, 16:27

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Deliverance.

17What's your favourite scary movie? Empty Re: What's your favourite scary movie? Fri Mar 21 2014, 16:35

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The Wicker Man remake with Nicholas Cage was pretty shite.

18What's your favourite scary movie? Empty Re: What's your favourite scary movie? Fri Mar 21 2014, 18:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Deliverance.

Brilliant film but I wouldn't describe it as scary. Salem's Lot was scary.

19What's your favourite scary movie? Empty Re: What's your favourite scary movie? Fri Mar 21 2014, 18:31

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Deliverance.

Brilliant film but I wouldn't describe it as scary. Salem's Lot was scary.
Not scary if having a bunch of Burnleys finest dry bum you is the norm around your way RT.

20What's your favourite scary movie? Empty Re: What's your favourite scary movie? Fri Mar 21 2014, 18:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brilliant film.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum