Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You've Taken Over Bolton Wanderers.....

+5
xmiles
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:
Why Kendal?

Because Cumbria is starved of Premier League football. If we were based in Kendal we'd fill a massive ground every single week. Look at Carlisle, getting over 12,000 in League 1.

We'd basically have a monopoly on Cumbria, ok we'd have to change our name to Kendal Wanderers so that people have a sense of pride in their local club, but it'll be worth it to be up there with United & City inside 5 years.

How would you convert Kendal fans to "Kendal wanderers" fans? You talk about pride in their local club. Then they wouldn't want to support another club in their town! If you tried to buy the club and make the proposed changes - how many fans would you ostricise from the club? Finally the catchment area of Kendal is nowhere near as large as you keep making out. 75,000 is very much an unrealistic figure. If anything it would be more like 20,000 at most.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Points 1 and 3 seem to contradict each other on your "argument". You cannot guarantee 75,000 every week with an 100% coprporate stadium. Plus I would very much doubt you would get Corporates going to Kendal to watch matches as corporates tend to stay within cities and towns of more importance, to due higher business contacts, than one would get in Kendal - therefore I would very much doubt you would get much more, moneywise, than the Reebok does at present, if not less.

Kendal is 10 years away at least. So I'd convert the Reebok to 100% corporate in the meantime, and then let 75,000 plebs into the new stadium in the 2022-23 season.

Along the same lines as Megson treated us Bolton fans and look what happened to him..... Be careful who you call plebs as it could backfire.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Do they just care about the product on the pitch or is that just a melancholy ideology forged by The Premier League?

Its not about being stuck in the past, its about prestige, its about honour, its about entertainment in a atmosphere fit for purpose.

You tell me one USP that the Reebok has which Burnden Park didn't.

I can tell you now that the most USP about Burnden Park is that its proximity for the majority of fans and to the town centre, rather than on the outskirts catering mainly for just one section of the population of the borough, whilst wasting money in bringing in the rest of the fans. How many fans would rather meet up in Bolton and walk to the stadium, tahn just catch the football bus to the stadium and back?

You only need to look at the stadium to see it's "USP's" compared to Burnden.

I love a bit of nostalgia but EVERY club playing in a tin pot stadium like Burnden would KILL to have the reebok.

And as for the crowds if they don't care about the product why do we get 9 thousand for a carling cup game, if we got relegated we'd be lucky to average gates of 15 thousand, I'm afraid people don't stay away simply because of the reebok, some might, but the majority who do, aren't, IMO of course

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Do they just care about the product on the pitch or is that just a melancholy ideology forged by The Premier League?

Its not about being stuck in the past, its about prestige, its about honour, its about entertainment in a atmosphere fit for purpose.

You tell me one USP that the Reebok has which Burnden Park didn't.

I can tell you now that the most USP about Burnden Park is that its proximity for the majority of fans and to the town centre, rather than on the outskirts catering mainly for just one section of the population of the borough, whilst wasting money in bringing in the rest of the fans. How many fans would rather meet up in Bolton and walk to the stadium, tahn just catch the football bus to the stadium and back?

You only need to look at the stadium to see it's "USP's" compared to Burnden.

I love a bit of nostalgia but EVERY club playing in a tin pot stadium like Burnden would KILL to have the reebok.

And as for the crowds if they don't care about the product why do we get 9 thousand for a carling cup game, if we got relegated we'd be lucky to average gates of 15 thousand, I'm afraid people don't stay away simply because of the reebok, some might, but the majority who do, aren't, IMO of course

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Did I say rebuild Burnden park as it was? LG, I would advise re-read I said the feasability of moving back to Burnden Park with a more ultra-modern satdium which would need land, thus CPO's to be considered and the re-alignment of Manchester Road (move it closer to the railway line thus creating more space to build the stadium and any future expansion)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Along the same lines as Megson treated us Bolton fans and look what happened to him..... Be careful who you call plebs as it could backfire.

I'm prettier than Megson, I'll get away with it.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I stated that straight away, saying we have an "ultra modern" stadium already why would you want to build a new one. Just so you could call it burnden park II and tempt back a couple of thousand malcontents.

then i moved on to talk about the nostalgia factor.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I stated that straight away, saying we have an "ultra modern" stadium already why would you want to build a new one. Just so you could call it burnden park II and tempt back a couple of thousand malcontents.

If we moved back to a "new" Burnden I would start paying again.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well that seals it then, when can we start construction?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I stated that straight away, saying we have an "ultra modern" stadium already why would you want to build a new one. Just so you could call it burnden park II and tempt back a couple of thousand malcontents.

About business - it makes more sense to move back, plus it would save a hell of a lot of money as well, for the club.

How much each match day does the club fork out to First Bus and/or Stagecoach to get fans to/from the match?

We pay the fare but the money does not go to the club it stays with the bus companies, and that is also subsidised by the club!!! The the bus drivers actually get free entry to the games (but have to leave at least 15 minutes before the end) - so how many tickets not on sale (between 30 and 40 seat - say even at the cheapest seat prices, that is quite a few hundred not coming in).

If those buses were not running, how much more emptier would the stadium be as the car parks, currently utilised, would not be able to cope with the extra amount of traffic.

We are not talking hundreds of pounds here!!!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I knew you'd somehow bring buses into it.

i get the sentiment but unfortunately the main problem is the millions and millions of pounds being spent on player wages.

not the pittance given to stagecoach

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With tradition - if we really wanted to go back to our roots, then why not build at Egerton?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I knew you'd somehow bring buses into it.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I knew you'd somehow bring buses into it.

i get the sentiment but unfortunately the main problem is the millions and millions of pounds being spent on player wages.

not the pittance given to stagecoach

But that will have been dealt with long before any move back to Burnden Park - hence calling in either KPMG or D&T for an assessment in all areas of the business and to rectify the weaker areas. Hence by the time any proposal to move all other areas of the buiness will have, or be on the way to being rectified and and fit for purpose.

bwfc71 wrote:
But that will have been dealt with long before any move back to Burnden Park - hence calling in either KPMG or D&T for an assessment in all areas of the business and to rectify the weaker areas. Hence by the time any proposal to move all other areas of the buiness will have, or be on the way to being rectified and and fit for purpose.

You really are a know it all. Shut the fuck up.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You really are a know it all. Shut the fuck up.

You are only jealous as I seem to have more business nous then the Venky's and would do things more properly than what they have!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:With tradition - if we really wanted to go back to our roots, then why not build at Egerton?
Chapeltown/Edgworth.
...although I'm not sure if there's still an available site in Egerton where Frannie Lee's bog roll factory was.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Firstly: Tickets and Add-on Sales:
I'd look at the average home gate and give away any surplus to schoolkids +1. Then I'd sack off the caterers and bring it in-house with a goodly proportion geared to younger fans and have American-style vendors in the stands flogging pop, sweets, crisps etc. as well as installing vending machines everywhere. I'd also have club memorabilia, shirts, flags etc on sale in the stands and corridors.
That way:
1) Guaranteed full house every home game
2) Develop the next generation of Wanderers fans
3) Maximise the unit on site sales
Secondly: Youth policy
I'd try to match the "big clubs" in broadening the net and offering full board and education so that we could have a much more competitive youth set up. The offer should be geared to parents with a focus on child welfare and development etc. If we were to take say 50 kids p.a. on 2 yr contracts with first option and the average apprentice cost £30 grand a year to house, feed and train (economies of scale) our costs would be £300k p.a. plus contribution to fixed cost repayments say a total of £500k to £700k p.a. plus staff salaries of say £0.5 million (house matrons, welfare, trainers). Then we do a Ferguson. Pick the best 10 every year and extend until they're say 17 when we farm them out to other clubs to pay their wages. If they're any good we either bring them home or sell them to the club they've been on loan at. The rest we dump or flog. Bit of a lottery but should at least pay for itself and gives us a bigger shout at uncovering a few gems.
Finally: Scouting
Needs to be looked at. When you see competent players like Vorn turning up in the Dutch second division or Haangeland who we should have had for £3million it makes me wonder how they were missed. If we can find enough competent players at bargain prices to build the core of a larger squad it should liberate enough dosh to buy the occasional superstar striker or whatever is needed at the time. A little more investment in this department only needs to generate a few wins to more than pay for itself and move us forward.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

1. My first main thing would be to do away with our current youth setup, plough £200million into it and hire the best youth coaches in the world then send them over to scout Barcelonas academy so they can watch how they develop the young players.

2. Sack Owen Coyle along with his backroom team and hire Brendon Rogers and all his backroom staff at Swansea, giving him £100million to spend on players.

3. £150 for a season ticket for everyone.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:With tradition - if we really wanted to go back to our roots, then why not build at Egerton?
Chapeltown/Edgworth.
...although I'm not sure if there's still an available site in Egerton where Frannie Lee's bog roll factory was.

Going off topic slightly am I right in thinking that the ground where Chapletown FC play is the oldest football ground in the world?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Chapeltown/Edgworth.

Going off topic slightly am I right in thinking that the ground where Chapletown FC play is the oldest football ground in the world?
Old Boltonians play there now and there is evidence to suggest that it is. Games were definitely played there prior to the formation of the league in 1863 although the modern day rules were still being formulated. Research sent to mods. Of interest to Wanderers and Rovers fans in particular.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum