Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You've Taken Over Bolton Wanderers.....

+5
xmiles
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One slight issue though. Since the boundary changes in 71 the ground is now technically in Blackburn.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:One slight issue though. Since the boundary changes in 71 the ground is now technically in Blackburn.

But it is still in Turton!!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I do share Hipster's frustration at the original post. I'd genuinely like to know what three things NW would do in this situation, instead of a comedy answer.

I haven't really thought about what I would do enough to provide a definitive answer. From a fans' matchday experience point of view I would install free wi-fi at the Reebok, provide outside smoking facilities for half time like they have at West Brom and Swansea, and replace the garbage catering facilities with a variety of quality, cheap, freshly prepared food such as massive barbeques or Chinese food.

If you had £600m to keep you going for the rest of your life, it wouldn't last very long if you were crazy enough to spend a massive chunk of it relocating the club after 15 years in a purpose built, state of the art stadium.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad you came back Largehat, adding a bit of sense to the debate too.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Glad you came back Largehat, adding a bit of sense to the debate too.

I'm glad he's back, but I'm not going to tell him that. The ponce.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I do share Hipster's frustration at the original post. I'd genuinely like to know what three things NW would do in this situation, instead of a comedy answer.

They're not really comedy answers, if people looked at it as a business rather than a football club they could see where I am coming from.

I would definitely look to relocate the club. People don't like to hear this but Bolton Wanderers isn't sustainable in the town of Bolton anymore, especially if/when we drop into the Championship. Cumbria is a richer area with a lot less competition for supporters.

If that wasn't possible then I would look to increase the corporate side of things big time. I don't know the exact figures but Sheffield Wednesday did a study and came up with something like the average fan spent around £35 at a game, including ticket. A corporate fan spent £150. It doesn't take a genius to work out that corporate is where it's at. People keep telling us that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, so crowds are only going to dwindle further.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know it was a comedy answer, you know it was a comedy answer, everyone knows it was a comedy answer.

You know full well Bolton Wanderers is a founder member of the football league and for many, many Boltonians, the heartbeat of the town.

You've regaled us in the past with tales of joy and passion at away games in the decade before last. You wouldn't see the club ripped up and started again.

You've also been asked in the past why Bolton Wanderers? Why don't you support someone else? And you've replied that you've tried other clubs but always come back to your club.

So when you say you'd stick the club in a bloody nothing town like Kendal 70 miles away I know it's a big whopper.

I can accept you'd probably sack Coyle and all his staff but then you would have a practically unlimited budget to play with. Mourinho? Hiddink? No, Alan sodding Irvine.

I'm not even going to break down your bit about corporates eating KFC behind glass screens. That's just weird.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I know it was a comedy answer, you know it was a comedy answer, everyone knows it was a comedy answer.

You know full well Bolton Wanderers is a founder member of the football league and for many, many Boltonians, the heartbeat of the town.

You've regaled us in the past with tales of joy and passion at away games in the decade before last. You wouldn't see the club ripped up and started again.

You've also been asked in the past why Bolton Wanderers? Why don't you support someone else? And you've replied that you've tried other clubs but always come back to your club.

So when you say you'd stick the club in a bloody nothing town like Kendal 70 miles away I know it's a big whopper.

I can accept you'd probably sack Coyle and all his staff but then you would have a practically unlimited budget to play with. Mourinho? Hiddink? No, Alan sodding Irvine.

I'm not even going to break down your bit about corporates eating KFC behind glass screens. That's just weird.

LH, you're a traditionalist and that's fair enough. That's why you spend your life on an internet forum rather than running your own major UK company.

Some of us are visionaries who can see the bigger picture. Kendal may be a "nothing town" but it has wealthy people who would give their right arm for Kendal to have a Premier League team. Let's face it, Bolton folk hardly embrace their football club.

You're right, football was fantastic in the 90's, the club was going places and had passionate fans. We took more to places like Chesterfield, Hull and Rotherham than we now take to Everton, Norwich or Rovers. That club is dead. It's time to move on.

Finally, they wouldn't be serving KFC at the new ground, it would be something more upmarket like chicken in a basket or Steak and Ale Pie.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think that is possibly the funniest post you've ever written, Natasha. Actually laughed out loud, which isn't good, we are not supposed to use our smartphones in the houses of parliament. The sergeant-at-arms will be having a word. Here he comes now with his mace.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I think that is possibly the funniest post you've ever written, Natasha. Actually laughed out loud, which isn't good, we are not supposed to use our smartphones in the houses of parliament. The sergeant-at-arms will be having a word. Here he comes now with his mace.

Are you Nick Clegg? It would explain a lot.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can't tell you any more about my identity. Ive already said too much. I don't want to be stalked. And I want to be treated like a normal fan. Kind of like BWFC's answer to Hannah Montana.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry but you'll never be normal.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:One slight issue though. Since the boundary changes in 71 the ground is now technically in Blackburn.

But it is still in Turton!!
Which is now part of Blackburn sadly.

wanderlust wrote:

So you should all support the mighty Rovers.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

So you should all support the mighty Rovers.
That's like saying we should all support Manchester as we are part of Greater Manchester. Except we're not. We're Lancashire and Turton is Bolton despite what the politicians do to adjust the political landscape in their favour.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Some of us are visionaries who can see the bigger picture. Kendal may be a "nothing town" but it has wealthy people who would give their right arm for Kendal to have a Premier League team. Let's face it, Bolton folk hardly embrace their football club.

Kendal: total resident population of 27,505 per 2001 census although it might have grown a bit since

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Kendal: total resident population of 27,505 per 2001 census although it might have grown a bit since

A Kendal base will attract people from the whole of Cumbria and North Lancashire, I'm guessing there aren't 22000 people in Horwich but we sometimes get that sort of gate.

We could easily get 70-75,000 based in Kendal.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

That's a lot of steak and ale pie.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

That's a lot of steak and ale pie.

Exactly, helping the local pie-makers which will in turn help the local econemy.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

A Kendal base will attract people from the whole of Cumbria and North Lancashire, I'm guessing there aren't 22000 people in Horwich but we sometimes get that sort of gate.

But as you keep saying people are a creature of habit and will not follow any football but, but their own. Now, unless you actually consider buying the local football teams, then you will not convert the majority of them and your proposal of 70-75K will actually fall on your face, because people are proud to support their team!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum