Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You've Taken Over Bolton Wanderers.....

+5
xmiles
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:One slight issue though. Since the boundary changes in 71 the ground is now technically in Blackburn.

But it is still in Turton!!
Which is now part of Blackburn sadly.

Only North Turton. South Turton is part of Bolton (Bromley Cross, Bradshaw - not too sure about Harwood)

to BH, how does one get to Blackburn from Chapletown/Edgworth. The main road leads to Bolton, the buses only go to Bolton and the people shop in Bolton, and the children go to school in Bolton!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
But as you keep saying people are a creature of habit and will not follow any football but, but their own. Now, unless you actually consider buying the local football teams, then you will not convert the majority of them and your proposal of 70-75K will actually fall on your face, because people are proud to support their team!!!

But 99.99% of people in Cumbria don't follow a team because they don't have one! Move BWFC to Kendal and call them Kendal Wanderers and those 99.99% will follow us. Does it really matter if the team name changes? It's the same players and staff.

This isn't just a knee-jerk reaction, you better than anyone else knows I've been plotting this for years.

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's the same players and staff.

Apart from Owen Coyle, and probably Ngog, Davies (both) etc. Wink

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They'd still be there, I'd have them stuffed and put in Reception.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread has truly jumped the shark now.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:This thread has truly jumped the shark now.

Is that some strange Aberdeen rhyming slang?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe you haven't heard that phrase.

here is the def

a term to describe a moment when somethin that was once great has reached a point where it will now decline in quality and popularity.

Origin of this phrase comes from a Happy Days episode where the Fonz jumped a shark on waterskis. Thus was labeled the lowest point of the show.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wasn't into Happy Days.

You say the thread has been ruined, but as far as I can see I am the only one who's actually come up with ideas.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The term 'jumped the shark' is widely used. It's often applied to describe a situation when a novel or film does something that is so ridiculous that the audience can no longer be expected to suspend disbelief.

You know, like your chicken in a bucket and steak and ale pie.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:The term 'jumped the shark' is widely used. It's often applied to describe a situation when a novel or film does something that is so ridiculous that the audience can no longer be expected to suspend disbelief.

You know, like your chicken in a bucket and steak and ale pie.

Chicken in a bucket? Maybe for fat bastards like yourself, but it comes in a basket where I come from.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Chicken in a bucket? Maybe for fat bastards like yourself, but it comes in a basket where I come from.

There obviously isn't a KFC where you come from then.

And I am big boned.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
But as you keep saying people are a creature of habit and will not follow any football but, but their own. Now, unless you actually consider buying the local football teams, then you will not convert the majority of them and your proposal of 70-75K will actually fall on your face, because people are proud to support their team!!!

But 99.99% of people in Cumbria don't follow a team because they don't have one! Move BWFC to Kendal and call them Kendal Wanderers and those 99.99% will follow us. Does it really matter if the team name changes? It's the same players and staff.

This isn't just a knee-jerk reaction, you better than anyone else knows I've been plotting this for years.

I know you have been plotting this for ages, but what about those who follow Kendal Town, or those who follow Carlisle United, ot those who follow Barrow AFC, and Workington AFC not to mention those who do not follow football but instead follow Rugby League, of which there are at least 4 teams and those who follow Rugby Union of which there are at least 7 teams. The regions does has sport and rich and varied sport for which the people do commit themselves to, just like in most other regions/counties

As I say your preidction of between 70-75K supporters are just pipe dreams.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

And I am big boned.

But I'm guessing you don't sit in post restaurants eating greasy chicken out of a bucket. It's chicken in a basket.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

And I am big boned.

But I'm guessing you don't sit in post restaurants eating greasy chicken out of a bucket. It's chicken in a basket.

You say 'po-tay-to'...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum