Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How much do you pay for a watch

+10
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1How much do you pay for a watch Empty How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 15:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A mate of mine has been boasting about his new watch,which cost in the region of 3 grand,and as far as I can tell it keeps exactly the same time as my 40 quid jobbie. How much would you pay for a watch? And do you see it as jewellery or a necessary tool. A lot of people now don't even bother to wear one,using their mobile or tablet instead.

2How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 16:01

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The cheapest at Argos, with relatively good reviews.

At the moment that is £5.99.

3How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 16:13

I've got one that Mrs B bought me for our wedding anniversary about five years ago.

It's pretty plain and cost about eighty quid.

And because I work in the food industry, I never wear it.

The only time I do is special occasions when she nags me and it feels weird.

I'm not a jewellery person anyway (wedding ring and that's it) but for me, anybody who pays over the odds for a watch has got too much money.

If you need a watch on your wrist that says Gucci or Rolex on it to prove how succesful you are, you're a dick and I wouldn't want to be your friend anyway......

4How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 16:14

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I bought a Raymond Weil watch back in the early 90's which cost me around £400 back then, it has been worth every penny. It looks nice and it has been ultra reliable, I have only had to have a few batteries replaced in all that time, the watch still looks like new, as I don't wear a watch for bed or work.

I also have quite a nice Dolce and Gabbana watch which cost a few hundred, I might be selling it soon, as I wouldn't mind a Breitling, but they are very pricey.

I wouldn't pay more than around 1K for a mint condition second hand watch though.

5How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 16:15

A grand for a second hand watch.....?

You serious?

I've got some magic beans you can have cheap, if you like.....?

6How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 16:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had a Raymond Weil watch in the 70s and it was very stylish - so stylish it got nicked.
Didn't bother with a watch for a long time after that, but about 20 years ago a girlfriend (I was between marriages) bought me a black Pulsar watch and it's been amazing. Tells the time and everything. Only downside is that the date doesn't correct itself at the month end i.e. it does 31 days every month and needs a new battery every few years. Can't envisage needing another so to answer the question - £0.

7How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 16:28

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:A grand for a second hand watch.....?

You serious?

I've got some magic beans you can have cheap, if you like.....?
No joke, my best mate bought his Mrs a Rolex that cost £8k!  affraid

8How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 16:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The mate I'm talking about works for a billionaire and the watch was a gift from his employer,so I'm not gonna be too hard on him! I certainly wouldn't have turned it down. Said billionaire lives on the Isle of Man,and has pots more dosh than our Eddie.

9How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 17:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have 2 Nixons.

10How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 17:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I paid 50 notes for mine, was a good deal at half price.

11How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 17:47

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have an Omega Seamaster that I purchased to celebrate a big point in my life. I must be a dick, but given I've been in Engineering 40 years I wanted a quality piece of kit and got exactly that!! I also have a fully engineered wall clock that wasn't cheap, but it certainly looks the part. Again I'm a dick, but it's my earned money and I bought and wanted both, put it down to quality of life!?!

12How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 17:50

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Soul Kitchen wrote:I have an Omega Seamaster that I purchased to celebrate a big point in my life. I must be a dick,  but given I've been in Engineering 40 years I wanted a quality piece of kit and got exactly that!! I also have a fully engineered wall clock that wasn't cheap, but it certainly looks the part. Again I'm a dick, but it's my earned money and I bought and wanted both,  put it down to quality of life!?!
How much was it? Because I feel a bit of a twat on this thread.

13How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 17:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I have an Omega Seamaster that I purchased to celebrate a big point in my life. I must be a dick,  but given I've been in Engineering 40 years I wanted a quality piece of kit and got exactly that!! I also have a fully engineered wall clock that wasn't cheap, but it certainly looks the part. Again I'm a dick, but it's my earned money and I bought and wanted both,  put it down to quality of life!?!
These watches cost well more than your £400 one and more than the £1K your willing to part with...

14How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 17:59

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My Seamaster was 3 1/2. I've worn an Omega watch for about 40 years as my dad gave me his engraved one he got for long service soon as he got it. He already had one which my mum bought him and I inherited on his death.
For the record I think Rolex watches look shite and wouldn't wear one if I had it given me.
Just my opinion.
By contrast I know a guy who has two Porsches and they do fuck all for me!!!!

15How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't wear a watch, but do like watches. Just not really required with having a mobile. I class as jewellery which also is useful.

16How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:01

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Culcheth_White wrote:
Jesus Christ!
http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/c/Watches/filter/Brand_Omega/

17How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:05

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be honest, you can do what the hell you like, if it's your own hard earned cash. My brother in law spends around £40 a week on fags, which is about £2k a year and I don't have a go at him for spending that kind of money on fags.

18How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:
Jesus Christ!
http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/c/Watches/filter/Brand_Omega/
This is what I was trying to say so have you stopped feeling like a twat now? Very Happy

19How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:22

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You can get interest free on any decent watch and from any decent jewellers. 40x52 = 2080, I don't smoke.  Very Happy 
CW why do you feel a twat? As has been said you spend your cash as you like.
I bought my Mrs a Longines a bit ago and that's another story.

20How much do you pay for a watch Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:You can get interest free on any decent watch and from any decent jewellers. 40x52 = 2080, I don't smoke.  Very Happy 
CW why do you feel a twat? As has been said you spend your cash as  you like.
I bought my Mrs a Longines a bit ago and that's another story.
Just for the record SK, I don't think your a twat just because you spent £3K on a watch!

As you rightly say, it is your own money to do as you please. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum