Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How much do you pay for a watch

+10
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:36

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Omega-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-Chronometer-Gents-Watch/p/17330489/
KP, not really arsed and no offense.
Watches have always fascinated me, and not the battery type!!
My Grandad had two pocket watches he wore at the same time, one on each end of a chain, and each in a waistcoat pocket. It was not a unique thing in those days. I used to mither him to handle those watches all the time and set my mind on having one, alas it was not to be.

22How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Just for the record SK, I don't think your a twat just because you spent £3K on a watch!

Just a flash twat  Very Happy 

23How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:37

Just to be clear, my point was that anybody who uses a "designer" watch to show off just how wealthy and succesful they are is a dick.

Someone who appreciates quality precision engineering for its own sake and buys a watch that reflects this, is definitely not a dick.

I used to work for a bloke who was what I call a "Ten Grand Millionaire", ie he was comfortably off, but not rich but if you listened to him speak, he had more money than Abramovich.

He'd grown up on a council estate (nowt wrong with that) and he clearly felt that he constantly had to prove to people that he was succesful.

He wore a Bulgari watch that was the size of a saucer and it had more jewels on it than you could shake a stick at and it cost a few grand.

It was a gawdy piece of tat, but he always wore his shirt sleeves half rolled up, just to show it off. 

It's these kind of people I'm referring to when I use the word "dick."

24How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:39

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Just for the record SK, I don't think your a twat just because you spent £3K on a watch!

Just a flash twat  Very Happy 

Very Happy do hope the green eyed monster is not off it's leash Scott?  Very Happy 

25How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:43

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Anybody looking for good value quality watches check out this site.

Mr watch.com

26How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 18:44

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bread, the guy I know with two Porsches has a Rolex with an orange face. Looks awful but he thinks it's great!!

27How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 19:00

That's exactly what I mean, SK.

A few bob in the bank, but stoney broke in terms of class.

28How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 19:07

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He has ocd as well!  Very Happy 

29How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 19:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Someone gave me a digital watch for my birthday last year,and I still haven't worked out how to set it. Give me a watch with fingers any time. Keep it simple.

30How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 19:44

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I have an Omega Seamaster that I purchased to celebrate a big point in my life. I must be a dick,  but given I've been in Engineering 40 years I wanted a quality piece of kit and got exactly that!! I also have a fully engineered wall clock that wasn't cheap, but it certainly looks the part. Again I'm a dick, but it's my earned money and I bought and wanted both,  put it down to quality of life!?!
How much was it? Because I feel a bit of a twat on this thread.
Jesus Christ!
http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/c/Watches/filter/Brand_Omega/
This is what I was trying to say so have you stopped feeling like a twat now? Very Happy
No, not at all Karly. I do like watches even though I don't wear them very often. I personally like the Breitling watches and I will buy one, even though I'll probably only wear it about a dozen times in a year.  Very Happy

31How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 19:53

In a similar vein, Mrs B bought me a Mont Blanc briefcase for my 40th and I was well chuffed with it.

Until I googled it and saw the price..........

I'm now afraid to use it on a daily basis in case I scratch it, so I save it for best and use an Argos Spesh for the day to day stuff.

32How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 19:54

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Breadman wrote:In a similar vein, Mrs B bought me a Mont Blanc briefcase for my 40th and I was well chuffed with it.

I'm now afraid to use it on a daily basis in case I scratch it, so I save it for best and use an Argos Spesh for the day to day stuff.
Briefcase at the petrol station, posh fucker.

33How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 19:57

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mr Magoo wrote:
Breadman wrote:In a similar vein, Mrs B bought me a Mont Blanc briefcase for my 40th and I was well chuffed with it.

Briefcase at the petrol station, posh fucker.
A guy that I used to work with, he used to bring a briefcase to work everyday. I wouldn't have minded, but he only ever brought his butties in it.

34How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 20:10

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

CW if you get a decent watch you can't afford not to wear it, trust me, you'll know when you get it! Very Happy

35How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 20:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry I started this thread! My 40 quid watch is looking pretty tatty compared to the bling that's being bandied about on here.How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Embarrassed-smiley-face

36How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 20:51

Cheeky bastards!

I'll have you know that my briefcase contains loads of important things.

Like pens.......and a stapler.......and, er.......a 2006 diary.

37How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 21:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwcDsAH1UN6r8lacVE3AIRToRj19Fu9SQMcWmIctylOoEf8vRUAnd very stylish you look breaders.

38How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 21:07

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwcDsAH1UN6r8lacVE3AIRToRj19Fu9SQMcWmIctylOoEf8vRUAnd very stylish you look breaders, you uphill Gardner you.

39How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 21:14

Now you see, that can't be me because that man's running.

And I last ran in 1995.

Briefly.

40How much do you pay for a watch - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do you pay for a watch Fri Apr 04 2014, 22:03

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

A Breightling Bentley around 5 grands worth bought for me by a client as a present,never wear it when working only special occasions with the wife. Mostly wear a ten dollar one I bought in Walmart Florida.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum