Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was that match ment to be a joke FFS! - (VS Vitesse)

+16
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
Numpty 28723
Keegan
JAH
doffcocker
wessy
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
bryan458
karlypants
bwfc71
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
scottjames30
White84
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A good crowd of 5400 plus turned out to what I thought would be the starting eleven Against Watford.
As I decided last minute to turn up as it was free I now need an injection of morphine in to both eyes to dull the shocking pain I saw today.
First surprise Pratley OMG tripping over his own feet.Then our two holding midfielders (WHY)? Medo gives away a soft free kick.Lonerghan fucking use less lets it in.Wheres Bogdan!.
Votes she should have had a 3-0 lead if they had had there shooting boots on as a couple just missed the net by not very much.
We had one shot in the 1st half Beckford wide.Second half Spearing had a half decent shot that flew over the cross bar.
No sign of Mark Davies.CYL came on for Pratley and Connor Wilkinson for Beckford.Yet Vitesse could have had more.
Hopefully this isn't the team that's starting at Watford Pratley OMG.Coyle signed the useless twat for 4 years so we have another season of him.
Surely it was a case of not getting Mavies injured a week before the season starts.Feeney was OK but he has no one to aim for.Our impotent attack. ::mad:: ::bigmachinegun:: :dougie:

Freedman out!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see a very poor season ahead.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That team was pretty much our best X1 and I'd really hoped they'd be doing better one week before the real deal.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh god, it was a pre season friendly against a team better than any other in the championship

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm gutted as I know Freedman will never go 4-4-2 if Connor Wilkinson had played with Beckford maybe Feeneys crosses could have been knocked back in to the centre as CW is a big lad.
But it was Spearing n Medo two holding,same old same old.
Pratley ran about like a headless chicken one shot row z North Stand Upper.
The shocking thing was no Mavies.Is he being saved for Watford?.
After today's match these are my player scores
Lonerghan 2/10
McNaughton7/10
Mills 6/10
Ream 5/10
Danns 4/10
Spearing 5/10
Medo 3/10
Moxey 5/10
Feeney 6/10
Pratley 0.5/10 CYL (5/10) sub
Beckford 3/10 (Wilkinson sub 5/10)

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I noticed from where I was sat, that they gave far too much space to the Dutch team.  Especially Kruiswijk who seemed to win every single ball that was passed to him because no one was marking him!

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Regardless it was the fact he played Pratley,no creation only the defence came out with not too bad.Same old same old.Got my Watford tickets for me n my mates.If Mavies isn't playing then I won't be going away again it was fucking painful.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 0-1 Vitesse

Wanderers slip to narrow defeat in final pre-season friendly

IN BRIEF

A Marko Vejinovic free-kick ensured Dougie Freedman’s side ended their pre-season with a narrow 1-0 defeat in what was a closely-fought encounter at the newly-christened Macron Stadium.

In a game of few chances, goalkeepers Andrew Lonergan and Piet Velthuizen both had to be alert to keep out the few attacks that came their way, but Veijnovic’s effort was the difference on the day.

FIRST HALF

The Trotters started the game the brighter and were unlucky not to take the lead inside the opening ten minutes when Kevin McNaughton’s clearance found Jermaine Beckford down the right-hand side. Cutting inside, the forward beat his man before firing a shot at goal from the edge of the area, only to see his effort drift narrowly wide of the near post.

Beckford was involved moments later as the Whites again came close to opening the scoring. This time running into space down the left flank, the 30-year-old looked up before lofting the ball into the path of the waiting Darren Pratley.  However, the playmaker’s header at goal lacked power as Velthuizen gathered comfortably.

However, despite having created little of note, it was Vitesse who took the lead midway through the first half as Vejinovic beat Lonergan with a powerful 25-yard free-kick, much to the delight of the limited travelling support.

The Dutch side could have doubled their lead when Chelsea loanee Bertrand Traore played in Kelvin Leerdam with a pinpoint through-ball. However, with Lonergan rushing out, the midfielder attempted to square the ball to a team-mate, only for the alert McNaughton to get back and hook clear for Bolton.

After Wanderers saw calls for a penalty turned down as a goalbound Neil Danns’ effort appeared to strike a hand five minutes before the break, Vitesse again came close to a second moments later, only to see a fierce Valeri Qazaishvili shot superbly tipped past the post by Lonergan.

HALF TIME

The Trotters, unchanged at the break, came out of the second half donning their new navy blue away kit, but it was Vitesse who continued to look the more dangerous of the two sides, with Davy Propper fizzing the half’s opening chance over from range.

Leerdam should have extended Vitesse’s lead moments later, but was unable to head home at the far post as Lonergan was caught out by a looping cross.

Dougie Freedman introduced Lee Chung-Yong and Connor Wilkinson to the action midway through the second half as the Whites chased an equaliser, but their respective arrivals did nothing to prompt an instant Bolton revival as Vitesse continued to control proceedings.

Substitute Uros Djudjevic was unable to test Lonergan when one-on-one as Vitesse pushed for a second goal, unleashing an effort harmlessly over the crossbar when well-placed on the edge of the area.

Jay Spearing twice came close to levelling the scores in the space of 60 seconds. First pouncing on a loose ball inside the area, the Wanderers’ captain was unlucky to see a first-time effort blocked, before later firing narrowly over the crossbar from distance.

Ten minutes from the end only Neil Danns was left to curse the reflexes of Velthuizen after the Dutchman did superbly well to tip away his goalbound header, after the midfielder leapt well to connect with a McNaughton cross at the far post.

Dean Moxey was unfortunate not to notch a late equaliser for the Trotters when he clipped the post from an acute angle after being played in by Spearing, only to see his frustration enhanced by the late rise of the linesman’s flag for offside, as the Dutch side held on to secure victory.

FULL TIME

LINE-UPS

Bolton: Lonergan, McNaughton, Mills, Ream, Moxey, Spearing ©, Medo, Feeney, Danns, Pratley (Lee, 65), Beckford (Wilkinson, 65).

Unused substitutes: Fitzsimons, Dervite, Trotter, Threlkeld, Hall, Clough, Wheater, Bolger, Youngs, Davies.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I noticed from where I was sat, that they gave far too much space to the Dutch team.  Especially Kruiswijk who seemed to win every single ball that was passed to him because no one was marking him!
I don't get that. Surely if we're playing deep and hoping to break on the counter, we should at least be marking and pressurising the ball?

Was the workrate low? Were they saving themselves? It's just that DF said that playing the new system would require more effort from the players....

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Talk about the reporter bumping up Boltons performance the facts are we couldn't score in a brothel with that team.
Bring in Mavies and things may change.Fact Beckford can't play the loan striker role.Pratley is Crap.The formation is wrong two holding mids in the Championship at home( friendly or not) is not necessary.Medo adds little to the team.4-4-2 is the way to go at home.FFS I seen enough today to tell anyone who didn't see it the defence was Ok but the midfield with Pratley playing behind Beckford was nothing more than a joke.DF I just hope that you stop playing Medo n Spearing together.Try Beckford n Wilkinson or Cavies.Struggling to find much positives regarding our attacking play.Watford next week Pratley who was substituted cos he is fucking useless better not be even warming the bench.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Same old fucking shit, only worse, Dougie your a twat please FUCK OFF!!!!!

My mate (who went to the game) has just texted me and said if we play like that against Watford, we'll get battered.

He said the worst bit was half of 'em didn't even look interested.

He reckons we've actually gone backwards......

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bogdan and Mavies are being saved for transfer! Blackrod Rovers have offered £500 for the pair and Gartside has said we'd have accepted less before the deal was done!!
Blackrod manager and former player Arthur Flatters said "My dad would have been made up with that deal if he'd have been in charge!"

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Maybe as I'm trying to look for positives Mavies was held back for the Watford match.The where the fuck are the goals coming from is my main worry.
Also what manager plays Pratley behind the main striker.A fucking joke!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i can't understand why Dougie keeps persevering with Pratley especially in an advanced role. It looks like the same old two holding players and precious little invention in front of them.

People may say its only a friendly but this is the last one before the season and by rights should have been a dress rehearsal for Saturday with more or less his starting 11.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Exactly hit the nail on the head there Norpig pal!

As you avatar might say, Norpig........"Bag o' shite!"

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That's insulting shite breaders !

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:Same old fucking shit, only worse, Dougie your a twat please FUCK OFF!!!!!

:agree:   ::bigmachinegun::  :dougie:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum