Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was that match ment to be a joke FFS! - (VS Vitesse)

+16
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
Numpty 28723
Keegan
JAH
doffcocker
wessy
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
bryan458
karlypants
bwfc71
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
scottjames30
White84
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Anyone who plays Pratley needs to leave their brain for Medical science,so it can be studied at great Length for the good of future Generations.ill give DF ten games and when we are stuck at the bottom of the Championship wield the AXE!

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It was a standard run of the mill friendly no more no less, my main worry is that we didn't look anywhere near sharp enough considering we are just a week away, a tad over the top this criticism in my book, friendlies rarely reflect how the season will pan out.

I do however having witnessed today's game fear for our goals for tally. no real positives today but to be going ape at this point is almost laughable.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes friendlies do rarely reflect real time play.However our one forward had one shot.The same system that failed so miserably with two holding mids.I bought my ticket for Watford maybe we will be shocked.
If Mavies starts then at least we will have a central midfielder who on his day is a very good player.
What the Pratley thing was all about I don't know.Coyle the twat gave him a 4 year contract.Shittest player ever.
I've calmed down now cos I was looking forward to Watford but now I'm dreading it.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not one to go mad about pre-season friendlies, but let's not make out that they're just fitness exercises because they're not. They shouldn't be, anyway.

To hear that the players didn't look interested is worrying, but probably the least surprising thing I've heard all year.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe Freedman wants to get fucked off.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't think they looked disinterested I think they just didn't have a gameplan.It was last season before the Juke n Mason.Pointless playing Beckford as a lone striker.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Although the lads certainly showed a lack of passion lets not forget that Vitesse Arnhem are owned by a Russian Oligarch who has been spending wisely since 2010 and they have slowly risen up the Eredivisie to their 6th position last season.   Yes, the Eredivisie is not quite a top European league but then again look at The Premier League last couple of seasons!!!!  If anything Eredivisie, currently is basically same level as 11th in Premier League to 6th in Champsionship - basically still better than where Bolton are currently!!!

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't know why some if you are surprised by today! Einstein was quoted, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

That's why I've been calling for him to be sacked off all summer! Who would I bring in? I don't know of any manager that could make the shite players that DF has assembled into a credible team. I may stand to be corrected when the season starts amd I hope I'm wrong, but I bet there are some happy clappers that aren't feeling to optimistic about next week.

5 games for me. Heard a rumour Garrside might be about to award him with a new 4 year contract. Anybody heard this as well?

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Jay r u really trying to fuck my weekend 4 year contract.Thats 4 years of painful football striving to stay in the Championship.I was watching SKY gold play off v PNE,compare that team to today's.Frandsen,Nolan,Bo Hansen,FarellyGardener,Holdsworth,Bergson,Barness,Hendry,Charlton.Even Ricketts was on the subs bench.At Championship level Holdsworth was really good,Bo Hansen,Gardener n Ricketts firepower.
Nothing wrong with having 2 up top then and Ricketts was on the bench although he come on to score.
Frandsen never have I seen a man hit a ball so true and straight v Boro last game we needed to win.Fucking 2 holding Mids WTF we are not playing Real Madrid.
Unless Feedman pulls a rabbit out of a hat or changes the system we are going to be constrained to this leauge till I'm sixty n I'm 48 now.
How anyone can blame the demise of this club on Allardyce is beyond me.Gartside is to blame smarmy fat sweaty beady eyed fuck.We will see if Mavies starts at Watford,if Pratley starts then DF should resign that night.where are the goals coming from with one up front.Medo shit,Pratley donkey shit.Lets see what the Watford match brings n see if Mavies n Bogdan r playing.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

:Overreact: 

Calm down, lads.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Come on, Keegs.......

We all know that we've got no money and Freedman's doing a sterling job of getting the wage bill down and all that stuff that Gartside wants and he's his golden boy for doing so, but........

The BIG question, however, for us uneducated football fans who simply have a vested interest in how BWFC performs on a Saturday against the likes of Charlton and Wolves is more about his ability as a manager who can effectively set up a football team to win games on the pitch.

And I'm still not convinced that he can.

Tactically, he still looks naive.

Hope I'm wrong.....

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Dougie knew Watford's observers were in the Macron so he told the lads to relax and give them a show to lull them into overconfidence. 

In Doug We Trust.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

:facepalm: 

Wow...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst all this "the end is nigh" doom and gloom shit is over the top, I think it's fair enough to have concerns at this stage as there has been nothing in the pre-season to suggest we'll be a force to be reckoned with. 
Dougie has always said he's trying to get some attacking firepower in and it's obvious we need it, but we haven't signed anyone yet and even if we do it's unlikely they'll be ready in time to play at Watford.
Still we're expected to lose at Watford anyway as any bookie will tell you.
Vitesse are a much better team than us and only losing 1 nil to them isn't too disastrous - a decent result for a mid-Championship level side like us but if anyone is expecting more than mid-table anonymity from BWFC this season we'll need some additional firepower before long.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Making you walk past fifteen foot high pictures of BWFC legends and then watch that mediocre bunch of plodders was just a piss take. Spearing and Medo together again? Pratley starting again?? Not optimistic.

It that's the line up against Watford I'll be disappointed but I see no reason why it will be. Pre season is a fitness exercise, I say it every year but trying to read anything into it is ridiculous.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Any sign of the new style Dougie tells us we are looking to employ.....and does it suit our particular players?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm glad we're being patient with Dougie this season. The customary 30 minutes before booing is a joke really. Lets wait till half time this season.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No fire power, no creativity in the middle.....same old same old. Not to mention the one up front at home for a friendly at that.
Even the most optimistic on here must be wondering where the goals are coming from...starting Saturday.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we're assuming that the goals will come from the strikers Dougie is trying to sign.

Is Trotter going to start instead of Medo or Pratley or is he no longer a contender?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum