Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joe Mason back at Bolton Wanderers - but may be too late for Capital One Cup tie

+3
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
karlypants
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

I may be wrong but I think the deal for trotter was already done in January, going off what iv seen I wouldn't have signed him. But I think the stumbling block in bringing in strikers is down to a lack of transfer funds not wages.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I may be wrong but I think the deal for trotter was already done in January, going off what iv seen I wouldn't have signed him.

It would have been illegal to sign him in January as he was under contract at Millwall.

He was signed because Dougie totally ignored his awful form while on loan.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I may be wrong but I think the deal for trotter was already done in January, going off what iv seen I wouldn't have signed him.

It would have been illegal to sign him in January as he was under contract at Millwall.

Could he have signed a pre-contract agreement and been "loaned" to us while his deal ran out with Millwall? Perhaps they were just keen to get him off their books pronto and didn't bother asking for a fee if we agreed to take him immediately and pay his wages. 

I honestly don't know if such a thing would be legal under the rules but if it is I wouldn't be at all surprised if Dougie went for that kind of deal and when it turned out trotter was useless he was already backed into a corner and HAD to sign him. I can't see any other justification for it.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I don't mean actually sign a deal, sign a contract for a loan and a pre contract to sign permanently. Which is pretty common place when a player contract is running out.

Within 6 months of his contract expiring a players free to talk to and sign with other clubs, he just can't actually move until it expires. Hence the loan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum