Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Modern Music Shite?

+11
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
bwfc71
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

There are a couple of great new hip hop bands around, Young Fathers and Ratking

Right, I'll check them out. They'd better be good or a death threat will be coming your way.

22Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:43

London Posse were ok, but I was more into American stuff like KRS-1, Big Daddy Kane, Stetsasonic, PE, Tyree Cooper and the like.

The British stuff used to sound a bit like a poor copy of the "proper" stuff for me.

23Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't pay attention to music like I used too in the 90's, but I can't imagine the alternative scene is as vibrant as it was then. 

Even what you might consider the "mild/pop" side of the alternative scene was amazing, Mazzy Star, Liz Phair, Fiona Apple, Hayden, Sneaker Pimps, R.E.M etc etc

24Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't pay attention to music like I used too in the 90's, but I can't imagine the alternative scene is as vibrant as it was then. 

Even what you might consider the "mild/pop" side of the alternative scene was amazing, Mazzy Star, Liz Phair, Fiona Apple, Hayden, Sneaker Pimps, R.E.M etc etc
 Trust me Hipster there are loads of great new bands out there, have a look at a site called anydecentmusic, it pools all the reviews together and gives an average score. You can listen to songs from the albums on the website or thye have their own spotify playlist.

25Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:London Posse were ok, but I was more into American stuff like KRS-1, Big Daddy Kane, Stetsasonic, PE, Tyree Cooper and the like.

The British stuff used to sound a bit like a poor copy of the "proper" stuff for me.

the Britsh stuff wasn't always the best but there were a few good British acts like Ruthless Rap Assassins and the early Stereo MC's albums were great, but you're right the American stuff was always better. I still listen to a lot of old school stuff now like Mantronix and Eric B & Rakim

26Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:This forum needs to attract a younger audience...

Any ideas?

Shipping out you older members is first needed. You're scaring them away

27Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:03

Norpig,

I still regularly "travel at magnificent speeds around the universe" as well.  Very Happy 

Brilliant album that one.

What about EPMD?

Strictly Business is a classic album in my view.

28Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:07

Agree with that Bread, strictly business and unfinished business are two great albums. Have you listened to any Main Source?

29Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

agree Breaders, had that on tape years ago so need to dig it our or download it again. I used to love Gangstarr and Ice Cube as well. Then it all went bitches and hoes and i lost interest until recently when i heard Ratking.

30Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:14

bwfc1874 wrote:Agree with that Bread, strictly business and unfinished business are two great albums. Have you listened to any Main Source?

Good call!

I'd forgotten about them.

I think I've still got a copy of Breaking Atoms somewhere on tape.

31Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:15

Norpig wrote:agree Breaders, had that on tape years ago so need to dig it our or download it again. I used to love Gangstarr and Ice Cube as well. Then it all went bitches and hoes and i lost interest until recently when i heard Ratking.

Agreed.

I'll check out Ratking as I've never heard of 'em.

Cheers.

32Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You bastards. How dare you! Ship out the older members indeed. I'm packing up my Werthers Originals and going on a sabbatical.Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon

33Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:38

Just make sure you've not got odd slippers on again...... Very Happy

34Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going on my bike. Razz

35Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll bet Boggers is into Justin Bieber.

36Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not literally I hope?

37Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:46

Let the record clearly show that it was not me who brought gay sex into this thread.

Thank you.

38Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Smileys-cycling-660370

39Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 16:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I hate how disjointed most of the songs in the charts are.

It's like you can make a crap song into a number one, just by throwing a catchy, completely out of place beat somewhere in the middle.

This one for instance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcrbM1l_BoI

40Is Modern Music Shite? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Modern Music Shite? Sun Aug 17 2014, 16:06

The last piece of "modern" music I bought was the Daft Punk album.

And they've been together for twenty years and I only bought it on the back of hearing Get Lucky which is basically Nile Rogers doing what he's done since the mid 70's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum