Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the best thing that you've ever found?

+8
Numpty 28723
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Jake McHale
Norpig
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think mine was a fiver in the bogs of ikon, i don't think i've ever been blessed with finding something of great value, have you ever found anything that's worth a few quid?

scottjames30 wrote:I think mine was a fiver in the bogs of ikon, i don't think i've ever been blessed with finding something of great value, have you ever found anything that's worth a few quid?

speaking of money and ikon, remember the fruit machines they used to have near the toilets, i remember walking past one and someone must have not realised they still had a few goes left on it and walked away, so i played the last couple of goes and won the jackpot, think it was £25!

As for best things i found, i found £20 once

and i don't know if this counts but i went to a car boot a couple of years ago and someone was selling a SNES, boxed, perfect, like new, and it was the yellow mario all stars one.  i knew exaclt how much i would get for it on ebay.  so i casually walked up and said "a snes, thats fun, i'll give you a fiver for it" expecting him to piss his sides and tell me to jog on.  nope, he started putting it in the bg for me!  Ebay same day sold for £75!!!!

Take that david dickinson!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

and i don't know if this counts but i went to a car boot a couple of years ago and someone was selling a SNES, boxed, perfect, like new, and it was the yellow mario all stars one.  i knew exaclt how much i would get for it on ebay.  so i casually walked up and said "a snes, thats fun, i'll give you a fiver for it" expecting him to piss his sides and tell me to jog on.  nope, he started putting it in the bg for me!  Ebay same day sold for £75!!!!

That's a winner. :like:

i was lucky because i collect old consoles (GEEK) and know what most stuff is worth, which is why i go to car boots, but most people are pretty savvy these days and know what things are worth.

The key is to act a bit thick, which i happen to do really well Wink

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Found £40 on a school trip when I was about 12. Gave it to the teacher though, haunted me ever since

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Found £40 on a school trip when I was about 12. Gave it to the teacher though, haunted me ever since
Was you the teachers pet, Boggers?

I bet the teacher kept it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Found £40 on a school trip when I was about 12. Gave it to the teacher though, haunted me ever since
Was you the teachers pet, Boggers?

I bet the teacher kept it.

Nah I thought some little shit was gonna grass me up and panicked

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

When I was at primary school we found a carrier bag full of jewellery down the side of the school stashed behind some flags and a big bag of sand. Rings, necklaces, brooches, all sorts of stuff was in there. 
Turned out it was from the old peoples home next door. Whoever nicked it must have got spooked and stashed it for later. 
Obviously we told the teacher and ended up with a thank you letter off the old dears.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i found a bag full of jazz mags on tootles park when i was at school Very Happy

Norpig wrote:i found a bag full of jazz mags on tootles park when i was at school Very Happy

WINNER

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

An old girl who'd lost her husband a couple of years earlier asked me if i would take her husbands old car to the scrapyard as she was moving into a rest home, i said i'd do it if it would start, i got there and it was a 1959 Vauxhall Cresta in mint condition, i told her it would be worth a bit and she said ok sell it to pay for taking it away or keep it if i wanted, i got eight grand for it it was a one owner with all service history.Plus it had three grands worth of spares and other items and tools worth about a grand and she wanted it all gone had to hire a transit van to do the job, good days work that was.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you took advantage of an old woman? Classy.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jake McHale wrote:An old girl who'd lost her husband a couple of years earlier asked me if i would take her husbands old car to the scrapyard as she was moving into a rest home, i said i'd do it if it would start, i got there and it was a 1959 Vauxhall Cresta in mint condition, i told her it would be worth a bit and she said ok sell it to pay for taking it away or keep it if i wanted, i got eight grand for it it was a one owner with all service history.Plus it had three grands worth of spares and other items and tools worth about a grand and she wanted it all gone had to hire a transit van to do the job, good days work that was.
Nice one, was there any money stashed behind the seats?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I was about 10 I was playing in Astley Park with my cousins when we found an old biscuit tin partially buried beneath an old tree stump. When we opened it the tin was full of gold and silver jewellery. We thought we were rich.

Turned out it was plastic jewellery. But for about half an hour we thought we were millionaires.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I found love on a two-way street. Unfortunately, I lost it on a lonely highway...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A few years back I found about 50 brand new karate suits still packaged complete with coloured belts etc. that had been dumped in some bushes behind the place I used to work. Obviously they'd been burgled from someplace and abandoned there.

We rang the police who came to collect them. They took my details and said if the goods weren't claimed within 3 months they were mine to keep.

Forgot all about it till 4 months later and rang plod who said, 'Oh yeah, no-one claimed the suits so they were auctioned off for the police benevolent association.'

About 2 weeks ago I found a neatly folded £20 note lying on the footpath. You win some, you lose some.

i remember finding  brand new lacoste tracksuit in an originals bag with a receipt on the bus about 10 years ago too

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:i remember finding  brand new lacoste tracksuit in an originals bag with a receipt on the bus about 10 years ago too

Did you find a fashion victim chav to sell it to Johnny?

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:i remember finding  brand new lacoste tracksuit in an originals bag with a receipt on the bus about 10 years ago too

Nope, it had the receipt in the bag Wink

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

No, I'm guessing Johnny's been wearing it for the last 10 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum