Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you were elected to be PM what would you change?

+6
Bollotom2014
xmiles
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:ST George's day is a Bank Holiday.

Why celebrate a bloke who never visited this country? 

Because he is the patron Saint of England.

Id sent all drink drivers to Somalia.

He is also the patron saint of:-
Malta
Georgia
Egypt
Bulgaria
Romania
Ethiopia
Greece
India
Iraq
Lebanon
Lithuania
Palestine
Portugal
Serbia
Macedonia
Ukraine
Russia
Syria

So you are happy to celebrate a patron saints day that is not exclusive to England?

In fact you are doing a great English saint out of a position thanks to johnny foreigner St George!!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amos, I pity your girlfriend.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Amos, I pity your girlfriend.

She doesn't want any pity as our views are VERY similar

I think we should go with chad. St chads day has a great ring to it

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ST George protected Christians against the Romans, he died for what he believed in.

I think I'd give ST George's day a public holiday.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

She doesn't want any pity as our views are VERY similar

It's not your views I have an issue with, it's the way you express them. I just dropped off for 10 minutes after reading your latest posts.

You should marry that girl ASAP if she finds you interesting.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ST George's flag was adopted by Richard the lion heart and brought to England.

Have you ever waved the English flag, Amos?

scottjames30 wrote:ST George's flag was adopted by Richard the lion heart and brought to England.

Have you ever had your own opinion and not just followed nat blindly? Take your head out of her arse and smell the roses.......you might like it

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:I think we should go with chad. St chads day has a great ring to it

I think they already have a St Chads day in Florida in honour of Jeb Bush and the Bush family.

It's to do with hanging the original old chad or something?

Sluffy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:I think we should go with chad. St chads day has a great ring to it

I think they already have a St Chads day in Florida in honour of Jeb Bush and the Bush family.

It's to do with hanging the original old chad or something?

It does seem very American. Your a font of knowledge sluff

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is it Julian of Norwich Bonce?

Is Wanderlust called Julian?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:ST George protected Christians against the Romans, he died for what he believed in.

Actually he was fighting WITH the Romans!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:ST George's flag was adopted by Richard the lion heart and brought to England.

Have you ever had your own opinion and not just followed nat blindly? Take your head out of her arse and smell the roses.......you might like it

When did Nat say she wanted St George's day as a Bank Holiday?

Take your head out of your ps3 and get some fresh air......you might like it.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:ST George protected Christians against the Romans, he died for what he believed in.

He resigned from the Román army, and for that he was dragged through the streets and beheaded.

This is a christian country, so st George's day should be a Bank Holiday imo.

And i am the PM, Mr Amos. Don't try to talk me out of sending you to Somalia.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

He resigned from the Román army, and for that he was dragged through the streets and beheaded.

This is a christian country, so st George's day should be a Bank Holiday imo.

And i am the PM, Mr Amos. Don't try to talk me out of sending you to Somalia.

Therefore you have just contradicted your own argument.

Romans is the invading force that brought Christianity to this country (as well as Islam, by the way).   Therefore St George, if you say is correct, then is an enemy not only of Christianity but also of the State as the UK hasn't moved much forward since the Roman days in the way our culture is!

The Romans (who left in 410 AD) brought Islam (which wasn't founded until 610 AD) to Britain?

You sure, Chris?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:The Romans (who left in 410 AD) brought Islam (which wasn't founded until 610 AD) to Britain?

You sure, Chris?

Be careful wwhat you quote from Wikipedia.

Roman Empire started its withdrawal in 410 but it took far longer than that to completely withdraw due to infighting.

Islam, agreed, was right at the end, but the majority of historians agree that it was the Roman's that brought Islam to the country right at the end of their reign, whilst slowly withdrawing -  lets not also forget that the Romans may have withdrawn from this land but the trading had not stopped, training and building armies had not stopped, social interaction had not stopped!

The fall of the Roman Empire started around 400AD and continued until about 700AD but trading with lands outside the empire had to continue and as such the Roman influence did not just end when Rome stopped financially supporting this land.

I'm not quoting Wikipedia, I'm quoting the inside of my head but cheers for the advice.

It's widely accepted that there is (a little bit of) evidence to suggest that we were trading with Muslims from northern Spain and North Africa as early as the 8th Century, but there's little evidence to suggest that Islam as a religion was even on our radar until 900 years later.

I generally defer to your encyclopaedic knowledge of everything but, on this one at least, you're dead wrong.

The Roman's did a lot of things for us, but introducing Islam to this sceptred isle wasn't one of 'em.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum