Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you were elected to be PM what would you change?

+6
Bollotom2014
xmiles
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Breadman wrote:I'm not quoting Wikipedia, I'm quoting the inside of my head but cheers for the advice.

It's widely accepted that there is (a little bit of) evidence to suggest that we were trading with Muslims from northern Spain and North Africa as early as the 8th Century, but there's little evidence to suggest that Islam as a religion was even on our radar until 900 years later.

I generally defer to your encyclopaedic knowledge of everything but, on this one at least, you're dead wrong.

The Roman's did a lot of things for us, but introducing Islam to this sceptred isle wasn't one of 'em.

:agree:

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All to do with trading links and even in the dusk of the Roman Empire.

Islam (youngest of the 3 Abraham religions) comes from the same part of the world as Judaism (oldest of the 3 Abraham religions) and Christianity (middle of the 3 Abraham religions) being around present day Israel and Palestine.  Roman Empire/Roman trade routes included these lands and extended as far east as Iran, Iraq, Kuwait as well as North African countries as well as Turkey - so the Roman trading network was huge and yes in the last throws of the Roman reign, which still included our landmass, trade was the mass movement of people and religion - lets not forget that trade was religion based in those days, more than finance, because religion ruled people's lives and opened up barriers to other new trading opportunities, people's and land.  From the Greeks Gods to Roman Gods, to Christianity to supporting "minor" religions to bring in trade (the extent of the Roman Empire)

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amos is well known for making things up as he goes along on the internet, BDP told me.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:Amos is well known for making things up as he goes along on the internet, BDP told me.

Nope it is whats known as doing Latin and Roman Civilisation for GCSE (all those decades ago), as well as doing Roman History cognate at university and watching, on The History Channel, the programmes about Roman trade routes and growth of minority religions.

scottjames30 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:ST George's flag was adopted by Richard the lion heart and brought to England.

Have you ever waved the English flag, Amos?

Have you ever had your own opinion and not just followed nat blindly?  Take your head out of her arse and smell the roses.......you might like it

When did Nat say she wanted St George's day as a Bank Holiday?

Take your head out of your ps3 and get some fresh air......you might like it.

Got a ps4. Roid rage much?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum