Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle makes move for Ryo

+4
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 17:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

This comment is unbelievable, A professional footballer, aged 19, can't play 6 games in 3 weeks!

Few things bug me more than this sort of thing on a football forum. He is a professional footballer, supposed to be super fit, and he can't run for just 90 minutes every 3 or 4 days? Fuck off!!

22Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 18:19

And attitudes like yours bug me, I'm all for the, 'footballers are overpaid dickheads' view because on the whole its true.

But what you cannot underestimate is how physically fit they have to be, my best mate plays in League 1, just breaking through, and he's ridiculously fit, but he's still nowhere near fittest in the squad and if you compare a league 1 game to the premier league the difference is huge.

This kid is 19 and clearly not fully developed, you need to cut him some slack.

The fact that you think a 90 minute run is all it is, says it all to me. Have you ever played a game of football? If you have then imagine it 100 times faster, you can't understand it.

23Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 18:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
The fact that you think a 90 minute run is all it is, says it all to me. Have you ever played a game of football? If you have then imagine it 100 times faster, you can't understand it.

My football skills are legendary. They still talk about my 1994 volley like it was yesterday.

24Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 18:25

In that case I have a new found respect for you, just lay off Ryo a bit!

25Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 18:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

But what you cannot underestimate is how physically fit they have to be, my best mate plays in League 1, just breaking through, and he's ridiculously fit, but he's still nowhere near fittest in the squad and if you compare a league 1 game to the premier league the difference is huge.

This kid is 19 and clearly not fully developed, you need to cut him some slack.

Bollocks. He's 19, I'm hoping his balls have dropped by now.

At 19 he should be fighting fit, if he can't run around for 75 minutes (let's face it, he ain't going to get 90 minutes) it's a poor do. I once played for 35 minutes with a sprained ankle.

26Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 18:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A man doesn't reach peak physical fitness until he is 22-25.

27Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 18:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:A man doesn't reach peak physical fitness until he is 22-25.

And at 19 he's unfit?

At 19 I could run 1500m in under 4 minutes.

28Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 18:34

He definitely is 'fighting fit' compared to fans like you and me, but compared to premier league footballers most 19 year olds aren't quite there yet, the exception being freaks of nature like Alex Oxlade Chamberlain,and you don't see many built like him at that age.

Sorry you really don't have the slightest idea what your talking about.

29Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 18:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:A man doesn't reach peak physical fitness until he is 22-25.

And at 19 he's unfit?

At 19 I could run 1500m in under 4 minutes.

But I bet you couldn't run 15K in 90 minutes every 3 or 4 days for weeks on end without suffering from fatigue.

30Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 18:42

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nat your just wrong about Ryo,

Its so painfully obvious he isn't 'shite'.

He has quite a few decent games for us (when played on his preferred side), he has proven his ability playing for Feyenoord, I think he had 12 appearances, got 3 goals and 3 assists, not bad going for an 18 year old in the Dutch league.

His pace alone will tear apart opposition in the Championship, just image the use of him as an impact sub when their getting tired.

If any more proof is needed then just think about the goal he scored for us.. against Millwall, a Championship side.

He isn't particularly strong but hes a 19 year old winger not a centre back.. he still has time to develop, Petrov isnt 'strong' and he was one of our best performers.

You say hes shite and then back it up by saying hes never going to start for Arsenal... well if thats your expected standard for our signings then god help Coyle.

Adding Ryo to the squad for a season can in no possible way be seen as a negative thing.... except by you.

btw, you playing football and the football played at premiership level is a bit different...

31Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 19:37

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Miyaichi turned out to be another loan signing that didn't get used fairly.

OK, he got a few games which is more than can be said for Kakuta, and he was quiet here and there, but was he that bad that it was right to oust him from the side completely for Eagles, in the final and most important four games of the season?

He was a breath of fresh air in his first four games.

32Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 19:46

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker, Ryo had fatigue.

33Coyle makes move for Ryo - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle makes move for Ryo Tue May 22 2012, 21:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was impressed with RYO. Mark my words, he will come good. Whether he plays for us again is another matter but I saw enough of him to suggest he is a very bright prospect for the future. Personally, I would love him to sign for us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum