Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON

+3
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 14:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A rumour went round Twitter last night that Darren Pratley is suffering with Meningitis, the source is apparently the player himself speaking to a family friend.

he was also said to be "in a bad state"

Our resident ITK Journo NIXON, has shot down the rumour however.

The only word from the club was he had a "virus" and he missed a significant portion of the last part of the season.

interesting.

2Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 14:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The same thing happened with Matty Taylor. Didn't he have glandular fever which wasn't diagnosed properly ?

3Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 14:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He did, apparently it affected his play for months, as it might.

As i say this rumour is all conjecture at the minute.

the official line from the club was a "virus" but i think im right in saying he missed over a months play.

4Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 14:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of these doctors are bloody clueless. If ever I get attacked by a bug, I just stand on the bloody thing and squish it. It's always worked a treat for me. You won't find me deep under duvet for weeks on end with some feeble bug excuse. It's a load of bollox IMO.

If you are a bit squeamish just buy a bug repellent from the Chemist. Works every time.

5Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 15:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

How long has Pratley been suffering from this virus? A year?

6Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 15:12

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I thought Pratley was officially close to being in contention for the Stoke game, I can't see it being anything that serious.

On the subject of "the oracle", he reckons CYL signed a new 3 year deal last season.

7Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 15:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah i read that too. Hope thats true, if only to allow us to demand a higher transfer fee.

No idea about Pratley, suspect it's bollocks but when i thought back i did remember him MIA for quite a while so...

8Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 15:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If I recall correctly didn't he drop out of the team originally because he got a bad cut to his leg?

I must have missed the 'virus' thing - just thought he was simply not being selected by Coyle.

9Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 16:28

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He did drop out because of a bad cut to his leg in the replayed QF at White Hart Lane, but he came back into the team about a fortnight later.

10Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 16:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
No idea about Pratley, suspect it's bollocks but when i thought back i did remember him MIA for quite a while so...

Yeah, same as our back four.

11Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 16:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

largehat wrote:He did drop out because of a bad cut to his leg in the replayed QF at White Hart Lane, but he came back into the team about a fortnight later.

Ah, thanks, it must never have registered with me and I wasn't interested enough to check back and find out if he played since the cut.

Hope for everyone's sake he has a great season with us - not as though we are spoilt for choice with centre midfielders right now and we don't seem to have loads of money to go and get ourselves a new bunch of them!

12Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 16:38

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Yeah, same as our back four.

So, since yesterday, you've changed your mind that with Wheater and Ream at back for the whole season, we'd have stayed up.

13Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 18:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

So, since yesterday, you've changed your mind that with Wheater and Ream at back for the whole season, we'd have stayed up.

No.

14Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 19:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

No.

It wasn't a question.

15Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 21:09

Bolton Nuts

Admin

largehat wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

No.

It wasn't a question.

Ha Ha.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

16Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Empty Re: Pratley Rumour shot down by NIXON Mon May 28 2012, 21:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pratley did most of his best work in the Championship, that's why Coyle signed him. He was looking at the long term picture.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum