Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump for President of the USA

+35
Dunkels King
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Growler
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
King Bill
DEANO82
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
okocha
Bread2.0
xmiles
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
observer
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Copper Dragon
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
rammywhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 50]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Found this very funny.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised nobody has commented on his steel sanctions so I will as it's typical of protectionist thinking.
Trump slaps a 25% tax on steel imports and we - despite our "special relationship" - are exposed as what's left of our steel industry supplies the US of A with loads of steel including speciality stuff for their military.
The US Steel industry can't produce much and now the American manufacturers have a 25% increase in costs until domestic production can be reinstated and catch up with demand.
And then there'll be the recriminations from the international community...

Interesting strategy....

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Surprised nobody has commented on his steel sanctions so I will as it's typical of protectionist thinking.
Trump slaps a 25% tax on steel imports and we - despite our "special relationship" - are exposed as what's left of our steel industry supplies the US of A with loads of steel including speciality stuff for their military.
The US Steel industry can't produce much and now the American manufacturers have a 25% increase in costs until domestic production can be reinstated and catch up with demand.
And then there'll be the recriminations from the international community...

Interesting strategy....
A dumb strategy and even worse he marched into the G7 to demand Russia's reinstatement with the absolute expectation the EU and we would just go along with it. Frankly I think Trump's the biggest disaster to hit the USA pretty much since its founding. His complete ineptitude would be bad enough but the sheer arrogance with which he carries himself and the 'policies' (using the word extremely loosely) will see the USA becoming almost irrelevant on the world stage. I suspect America will pay for his stupidity for a long time, maybe generations. Sure they've got a big military but they don't seem to realise that won't help them on things like trade and international cooperation in areas such as law enforcement. By alienating Europe he's actually cutting off his own nose to spite his face. I fear for the future and can't help hoping that the US electorate rid themselves of this clown by a crushing margin in 2020 assuming he isn't actually impeached before then.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair, Trump's doing an ok job. If he brings North Korea into the international community he deserves some sort of medal.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:To be fair, Trump's doing an ok job. If he brings North Korea into the international community he deserves some sort of medal.

He won't Nat. Not because he's incompetent (although I fully believe he is) but because North Korea have been playing these games for sixty years. They revel in brinkmanship and the fact they hold a power far greater than the size of their country and its military would suggest. So long as they believe that the PRC (China) will continue to back them the North Koreans will continue to play around with no real intention of changing their system or behaviour in any way. In truth the North Koreans know they can get away with this because NATO, the UN and of course the United States have basically no choice but to allow the games to carry on since they can't prevent North Korea turning South Korea into a giant car park if it all goes belly up. The 38th parallel is probably the most unstable line of demarcation in the world and the west is fully aware that NK doesn't give a damn about world opinion so they would shell Seoul and the rest of South Korea if they thought it would make their own position stronger. Add in that NK does now have at least some nuclear weapons capability and this is a really, really tense situation.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:He won't Nat. Not because he's incompetent (although I fully believe he is) but because North Korea have been playing these games for sixty years. They revel in brinkmanship and the fact they hold a power far greater than the size of their country and its military would suggest. So long as they believe that the PRC (China) will continue to back them the North Koreans will continue to play around with no real intention of changing their system or behaviour in any way. In truth the North Koreans know they can get away with this because NATO, the UN and of course the United States have basically no choice but to allow the games to carry on since they can't prevent North Korea turning South Korea into a giant car park if it all goes belly up. The 38th parallel is probably the most unstable line of demarcation in the world and the west is fully aware that NK doesn't give a damn about world opinion so they would shell Seoul and the rest of South Korea if they thought it would make their own position stronger. Add in that NK does now have at least some nuclear weapons capability and this is a really, really tense situation.

I disagree, this time feels different, I think NK have finally realised there's gains to be made by being part of the international community. I fully expect to be going to Pyongyang for my holidays in a couple of years.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:He won't Nat. Not because he's incompetent (although I fully believe he is) but because North Korea have been playing these games for sixty years. They revel in brinkmanship and the fact they hold a power far greater than the size of their country and its military would suggest. So long as they believe that the PRC (China) will continue to back them the North Koreans will continue to play around with no real intention of changing their system or behaviour in any way. In truth the North Koreans know they can get away with this because NATO, the UN and of course the United States have basically no choice but to allow the games to carry on since they can't prevent North Korea turning South Korea into a giant car park if it all goes belly up. The 38th parallel is probably the most unstable line of demarcation in the world and the west is fully aware that NK doesn't give a damn about world opinion so they would shell Seoul and the rest of South Korea if they thought it would make their own position stronger. Add in that NK does now have at least some nuclear weapons capability and this is a really, really tense situation.

I disagree, this time feels different, I think NK have finally realised there's gains to be made by being part of the international community. I fully expect to be going to Pyongyang for my holidays in a couple of years.
I hope you're right Nat but I don't think you are. Time will tell of course but from everything we've seen from the current ruler he's no different from his dad, in fact he may even be worse. This guy had his own brother murdered in an international airport in broad daylight and he seems to think he should rule the whole world, in fact many of his people believe he does. It's almost impossible to describe just how incredibly isolated the North Korean people are, for example it's illegal by pain of death to even own a mobile phone or internet connection that can link to anything outside North Korea. The State News Agency show pictures every year that claim to be Washington, Moscow, London and Beijing of people 'celebrating' the Leader's birthday. As long as the Kim family and their cronies are in charge I can't see that changing and the only thing that might do it is if China withdrew her support but that won't happen because the Chinese would see that as a massive loss of face for them. In truth I think the PRC would like to break that tie given how badly they need international trade themselves but they simply can't do it because of the way their culture views loss of face. They've walked themselves into a dead end because North Korea used to be a very useful 'bogeyman' when they wanted to prise something out of the USSR or Nato but since the end of the cold war it's become more and more of a liability that they simply cannot shed.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only thing they should agree on is that both their barbers should be shot.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As relevant now as it was in 1963.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As the dust starts to settle on the "summit" it seems Trump was more concerned with saving military cost than anything else seeing as he totally folded and handed Kim concession after concession for next to nothing in return.
NK may have played the long game for years but they appear to have come out of it with a resounding victory - including acceptance back into the international community, end to military exercises on their borders, the promise of lifting of concessions, reduced costs in military nuclear weapon development and a spike in Kim's personal popularity (unforced) such as never seen before.
The only pussy grabbed was Trump and if the deal was "art" it looks very much like a Jackson Pollock.
Can't wait to see how he spins this to his hard right supporters, but for us liberals it's an excellent outcome and for that Trump has to be congratulated - even though his concessions contradicted his rhetoric. 
If he'd said "we're going to pay North Korea to be our friend" from the outset I doubt he'd have got as much political traction.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Razz

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:As the dust starts to settle on the "summit" it seems Trump was more concerned with saving military cost than anything else seeing as he totally folded and handed Kim concession after concession for next to nothing in return.
NK may have played the long game for years but they appear to have come out of it with a resounding victory - including acceptance back into the international community, end to military exercises on their borders, the promise of lifting of concessions, reduced costs in military nuclear weapon development and a spike in Kim's personal popularity (unforced) such as never seen before.
The only pussy grabbed was Trump and if the deal was "art" it looks very much like a Jackson Pollock.
Can't wait to see how he spins this to his hard right supporters, but for us liberals it's an excellent outcome and for that Trump has to be congratulated - even though his concessions contradicted his rhetoric. 
If he'd said "we're going to pay North Korea to be our friend" from the outset I doubt he'd have got as much political traction.

I think Trump has done a fine job with North Korea, so what if he had to give away something. The world needs a North Korea on good terms, something several US presidents have failed to do.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not a big fan of Donald Trump but credit where it is due if the peace deal with North Korea comes to fruition. For one thing the american public will be relieved they will no longer have to live on snow.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What is he on?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Now he thinks Germany is "totally controlled by Russia":
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44780489

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Pathetic people out in force in parliament square this morning. He's the POTUS, deal with it and move on. It's like people who still moan over leaving the EU, we voted to leave just accept the outcome and move on. Bitching and moaning won't change the outcome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum