Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump for President of the USA

+35
Dunkels King
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Growler
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
King Bill
DEANO82
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
okocha
Bread2.0
xmiles
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
observer
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Copper Dragon
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
rammywhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 50]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

More Trump lies - no wonder he is a big fan of Boris and Farage:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48491602

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still waiting for you to provide proof to back up your wild claim from yesterday.

Let me guess, you couldn't find any.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He meant nasty as in mean. It's being spun in some other way. For obvious reasons.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Still waiting for you to provide proof to back up your wild claim from yesterday.

Let me guess, you couldn't find any.

Try actually reading my post and the link at 939.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obama.

Donald Trump for President of the USA - Page 48 Main-qimg-a08dce8572611b0f4ba985fd3d87c4a0

Trump.
Donald Trump for President of the USA - Page 48 2Q==

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can understand Jeremy Corbyn sticking by his principles but has he dropped an almighty bollock by not just snubbing invitations to events on Trump's itinerary in the UK, but by actively speaking out against him on public platforms. 
Jezza might soon be PM and he'll have to talk to other world leaders no matter how unsavoury they are. But the US is our closest ally and biggest trade partner and therefore the PM, no matter who he or she is, will have to engage positively with POTUS. We all know that Trump is undiplomatic, childishly petulant and sees politics as a personal affair. So has Jezza let the UK down badly by his attitude and approach as it might soon be his responsibility to represent us responsibly.
I think he has made a dreadful mistake by not attending events and saying the right thing. Trump will not forget this. I'm not saying we should kowtow to Trump but as a minimum Corbyn should have pitched up even if he doesn't want to

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sadly rammy that is just what you would expect from Corbyn. He never loses an opportunity to say or do something that loses the Labour party votes and he is one of the biggest hypocrites in politics today.

Just look at the way Alistair Campbell is instantly expelled from the party whereas serial anti-semites might get a temporary suspension at worst and complaints about sexual harrassment are ignored if the offender is a Corbynista like John Prescott.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Corbyn is a vile piece of shit who will never be PM .

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Mr Trump claimed there was potential for an agreement to double or even triple trade between the two nations after Brexit."

Who needs the EU.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Because Trump is a man of his word obviously. Rolling Eyes

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Because Trump is a man of his word obviously. Rolling Eyes

You could say that about most politicians, you've spent the last three years saying so.

But it shows that there is massive potential to leaving the EU, people want to trade with us, and now we'll be able to negotiate our own deal rather than doing one that benefits other countries.

I predict that in 10 years the UK will be a utopia.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:Because Trump is a man of his word obviously. Rolling Eyes

You could say that about most politicians, you've spent the last three years saying so.

But it shows that there is massive potential to leaving the EU, people want to trade with us, and now we'll be able to negotiate our own deal rather than doing one that benefits other countries.

I predict that in 10 years the UK will be a utopia.

I am sure you will enjoy your chlorine flavoured chicken and hormone stuffed beef.

Seriously America will only want to trade with us on her terms and we will be in a much weaker negotiating position than when we are/were in the EU. Look at the trade talks with Japan. They have offered us a trade deal on worse terms than the exisating one with the EU. That is the reality not the fantasies of people like Liam (the easiest deal in human history) Fox.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That "deal" with Japan hasn't been signed so I'm not sure what your point is. Any negotiation starts miles apart.

What they offer and what we end up with will be two completely different deals, especially as they import more from us than we do from them.

The fact is, to a half full sort of person (me) this is an opportunity, to a half empty person it's scary because they don't like change.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:I can understand Jeremy Corbyn sticking by his principles but has he dropped an almighty bollock by not just snubbing invitations to events on Trump's itinerary in the UK, but by actively speaking out against him on public platforms. 
Jezza might soon be PM and he'll have to talk to other world leaders no matter how unsavoury they are. But the US is our closest ally and biggest trade partner and therefore the PM, no matter who he or she is, will have to engage positively with POTUS. We all know that Trump is undiplomatic, childishly petulant and sees politics as a personal affair. So has Jezza let the UK down badly by his attitude and approach as it might soon be his responsibility to represent us responsibly.
I think he has made a dreadful mistake by not attending events and saying the right thing. Trump will not forget this. I'm not saying we should kowtow to Trump but as a minimum Corbyn should have pitched up even if he doesn't want to
Corbyn is not fit to be PM, he is still a student at heart.

Labour need to replace him with Keir Starmer as soon as possible.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/29/trump-false-misleading-claims-fact-check

It's all fake news i bet  Rolling Eyes

This made me laugh though

Donald Trump for President of the USA - Page 48 711
Don’t you think this is rather pathetic that some cunt has done this when Mr. Trump has come for the D Day parade?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:That "deal" with Japan hasn't been signed so I'm not sure what your point is. Any negotiation starts miles apart.

What they offer and what we end up with will be two completely different deals, especially as they import more from us than we do from them.

The fact is, to a half full sort of person (me) this is an opportunity, to a half empty person it's scary because they don't like change.

It doesn't matter whether you are a half full or half empty person. It doesn't change the reality that the UK will always be in a weaker negotiating position outside the EU than it is as part of the EU. The EU is the second largest economy in the world; the UK is only about 15% of this. It's just reality - not that brexiteers are ever comfortable with reality.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:It doesn't matter whether you are a half full or half empty person. It doesn't change the reality that the UK will always be in a weaker negotiating position outside the EU than it is as part of the EU. The EU is the second largest economy in the world; the UK is only about 15% of this. It's just reality - not that brexiteers are ever comfortable with reality.

You're simplifying things, you clearly have no idea what goes on at a negotiation at this level.

They don't just get round a table and hash out the cheapest price, there are so many other things involved that will often be to the detriment of the UK.

For example, let's say a company in a country well outside the EU was trading with companies inside the EU. It's much easier to deliver a ship full of blow up sheep to the UK than it is to, say, Hungary or Slovakia for logistical reasons. But the deal has to be done incorporating what works for Hungary/Slovakia etc.

When we leave the EU expect the cost of blow up sheep to drop dramatically.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:It doesn't matter whether you are a half full or half empty person. It doesn't change the reality that the UK will always be in a weaker negotiating position outside the EU than it is as part of the EU. The EU is the second largest economy in the world; the UK is only about 15% of this. It's just reality - not that brexiteers are ever comfortable with reality.

You're simplifying things, you clearly have no idea what goes on at a negotiation at this level.

They don't just get round a table and hash out the cheapest price, there are so many other things involved that will often be to the detriment of the UK.

For example, let's say a company in a country well outside the EU was trading with companies inside the EU. It's much easier to deliver a ship full of blow up sheep to the UK than it is to, say, Hungary or Slovakia for logistical reasons. But the deal has to be done incorporating what works for Hungary/Slovakia etc.

When we leave the EU expect the cost of blow up sheep to drop dramatically.

There is a big gap in your logic. In your example the country outside the EU is exporting blow up sheep ( Smile ) to countries inside the EU. After we leave the EU it will derive no benefit from exporting them to us for onward export to the UK. Why would this imaginary country want to strike a deal with us? And even if it did what is in it for us? We would have to pay EU tariffs on any blow sheep we exported to the EU and pay shipping costs.

C-. Must try harder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum